Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tools] Compiling with NetBeans [Odin]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm Getting 2 errors
1) error: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_EXP_RATE = 1000;
required: byte
found: int
2)error: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_MESO_RATE = 1000;
required: byte
found: int

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

nvm fixed
P.S
how I can edit the Quest exp/mesos?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Errr if you still receive error dont worry? I cant build it it says build fail... Help? :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Compiling with NetBeans [Odin]

when u were about to compile u needed to add src file well when u add it and hit finish click the little + button next to source packages then + next to constants then double click the serverconstants file. you should see in the text area a whole heap of code. dont worry about it simply look for the ip configuration line (should be clearly stated) in this area you should see 127.0.0.1 or somethin like it here u put either your hamachi ip or you public ip which must be portforwarded. when you have done this press f11 to compile and clean it then follow rest of the above tut. next step is to hex edit. make sure you hav hex edit workshop or sonethin like it go to your maolestory v83 file were u should hav put your localhost launcher. right click it and hit hex edit. when hex edit apears hit control f and type under text string 127.0.0.1 and press find. you should now see 127.0.0.1 click the start of the 1 and type your ip dont try to backspace. know do the same to the other 2 127.0.0.1's. hit save and your done others can know join your server. hoped this helped.

Reaction score
ERRORcom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:Could
not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving u
p.
Exeption is thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at server.Start.run<Start.java:37>
at server.Start.main<Start.java:125>
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at server.ServerProperties.<clinit><Server Properties.java:30>
... 2 more
Press any key to continue . . .

SO I DID EVERYTHING AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID, THIS HAPPENS WHEN I START LAUNCH.BAT. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ERRORcom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:Could
not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving u
p.
Exeption is thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at server.Start.run<Start.java:37>
at server.Start.main<Start.java:125>
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at server.ServerProperties.<clinit><Server Properties.java:30>
... 2 more
Press any key to continue . . .

SO I DID EVERYTHING AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID, THIS HAPPENS WHEN I START LAUNCH.BAT. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Have you tried googling? Or even read the error message? It couldn't connect, so there must be something wrong with the settings of the database connection, your database is offline or something else.
Also, please post a help thread about it, AFTER you searched on the forum and didn't found the answer.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For the add/jar folder to library, I don't have .jar files. I have folders and .zip files. Can anyone help? first server I'm making.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Compiling with NetBeans [Odin]

UGH I always get a freaking 1kb file liek 400 something bytes
does anyone know why? its really stupid and annoying and i can't compileeee

The most likely reason you can't compile is because your Java version is incorrect. Right click your server on netbeans on the left hand side and click Properties. At the bottom change JDK 6 to JDK 7. Apply the changes and compile again. It'll then work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Build FAILED.

Followed the instructions perfectly. Buuut, I'm getting a strange error. Just 1 error. I have no clue what is means. Was wondering if anyone here could help?

Code:
ant -f "E:\\Maplestory Server Source Files\\RKMS2.0" -Dnb.internal.action.name=build jar
init:
Deleting: E:\Maplestory Server Source Files\RKMS2.0\build\built-jar.properties
deps-jar:
Updating property file: E:\Maplestory Server Source Files\RKMS2.0\build\built-jar.properties
Compiling 352 source files to E:\Maplestory Server Source Files\RKMS2.0\build\classes
E:\Maplestory Server Source Files\RKMS2.0\OdinTeh187\src\net\sf\odinms\provider\xmlwz\FileStoredPngMapleCanvas.java:14: error: package com.sun.imageio.plugins.png is not visible
import com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReaderSpi;
  (package com.sun.imageio.plugins.png is declared in module java.desktop, which does not export it)
Note: E:\Maplestory Server Source Files\RKMS2.0\OdinTeh187\src\net\sf\odinms\client\messages\CommandProcessor.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
BUILD FAILED (total time: 14 seconds)

Back