Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Add-On]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Its the perfect story- You think to your private server is done. You start up your private server- or so you think! You click localhost. Why Cant you get in!?!? You look at the cmd file you started-

freddie711 - [Add-On]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external... - RaGEZONE Forums

GAHH you think! All that time you spent. You google java is not recognized odinms, and now you are here.

Well, get ready for the guide!

First off, find the location of java.exe, the file circled in the picture

freddie711 - [Add-On]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external... - RaGEZONE Forums

Mine is loacted at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin
that should be the path for vista users.

For xp it might be
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin

im not completely sure

Anyways, Next copy the location to the clipboard

Now, open up your repack and then right click launch_world.bat

Choose edit

now a notepad file should open up. paste what you copied and type to make it say as shown in the picture

Repeat that with the other two launch_ files, and you should be GOOD TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external command... problem

erm this kinda seeems compilcated any other way u can help me with this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external command... problem

erm this kinda seeems compilcated any other way u can help me with this?

Well, Idk. Thats pretty much as simple as its gonna get. Ill try to make a simpler version, possibly on a xp computer so that other people can understand it (i hve vista)

Whats your OS?

Oh and btw- do u need a gm on ur server? Cuz im awesome at gming

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

if u help me with this ill make u a gm cuz seriously i needa fix this
and i have vista
add me on msn
---
madness_h3@hotmail.com .
thats if u have it =X

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Tut]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external command... prob

idk. I did what you said but all it says now is

'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin"' is not recognized as an internal
or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin"' is not recognized as an internal
or external command,
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Press any key to continue . . .

please help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Tut]Fixing the Java is not recognized as an internal or external command... prob

OMG! its fianlly work! thank you freddie711 ! ^^

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

idk. I did what you said but all it says now is

or external command,
or external command,
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Press any key to continue . . .

please help

remove the 1st
Code:
'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin"'

and the second one should be like this
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin\java.exe"

do the save in all the bat. its work!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

when i ever i try to do it for my server im trying to get to run it says java isnt u know here is what comes up (idk if it's gonna show but it says 'java' isnt a recongized batch file or external or internal command) my thing it says it is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_17 please help

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
bleh....
Reaction score

o.0 wut? As far as I know, it's because your system can't find where Java is located. You have to set Java in your PATH through Environmental Variables. Open Control Panel, go to System. Then go to Advanced. Click on Environmental Variables. Look at the bottom and you'll see System Variables. Look for PATH or Path. Open it. Type this in at the end.

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\bin;

Where you see jdk1.6.0_06, make sure it is the version you have. Example. I have 1.6.0_07 so mine would say...

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;

Be sure you have the semi-colon at the end or it will fail. Also, be sure you don't have an extra \ anywhere.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Nice tut. Very clean, nice pics.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I thanked you for the reason of helping non-pro people. I hate calling people noob. Sounds so meannn </3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Can you Help me?? Mine is Vista 64bit..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

this isnt working for my msea things. can someone help me. if it works i will give you the files to my v82 MSEA pserver.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

my problem still occurs.... after trying this method

Reaction score

how to copy to clipboard???? pls reply fast!!!!!
Its a emergency!!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Copy java.exe and paste it in your server folder.. Easy as 123

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Its the perfect story- You think to your private server is done. You start up your private server- or so you think! You click localhost. Why Cant you get in!?!? You look at the cmd file you started-

GAHH you think! All that time you spent. You google java is not recognized odinms, and now you are here.

Well, get ready for the guide!

First off, find the location of java.exe, the file circled in the picture

Mine is loacted at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin
that should be the path for vista users.

For xp it might be
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin

im not completely sure

Anyways, Next copy the location to the clipboard

Now, open up your repack and then right click launch_world.bat

Choose edit

now a notepad file should open up. paste what you copied and type to make it say as shown in the picture

Repeat that with the other two launch_ files, and you should be GOOD TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ummm it did not exactly work if you can help me out then reply because i really need this to work and i also have Windows 7!:(:

Last edited:
Reaction score

You can just set your jdk folder as an environment variable.
Start -> Right Click Computer and Click Properties -> Click Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> In System Variables Double Click On Path and put wherever your jdk's \bin folder is located at the end and if there isn't a semi-colon after the entry before the one you are inputting you add one.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

You can just set your jdk folder as an environment variable.
Start -> Right Click Computer and Click Properties -> Click Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> In System Variables Double Click On Path and put wherever your jdk's \bin folder is located at the end and if there isn't a semi-colon after the entry before the one you are inputting you add one.
how will that ever help me with the java error

Back