Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] Innovative's Guide Library. [OdinMS]

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stuck setting up a server? Feeling fed up?

SIDENOTES: I take full credit for all of the posted guides.
Here, I will archive and post each guide for easy access.

I will also update this page with versions of each guide as I update them.
I hope this will help many users :)

Version: 2.5
Updates:
1.0: Added basic information with images
1.2: Added missing bits of information incl. missing downloads
1.3: Added a 0.54 Mob.wz Download to the "Setting Up!" Guide.
1.4: Added an FAQ Section
1.5: Added important information [Step Seven] to "Going Public!"
1.6: Added pictures to the "Registration!" Guide.
1.7: Added a "Compiling with NetBeans" Guide.
1.8: Added pictures to the "Compiling w/ NetBeans" Guide.
1.9: Updated FAQ
2.0: Added a "Changing Scrolling Header" Guide w/ Pictures!.
2.1: Added a "Setting up - Microsoft Loopback Adapter" Guide w/ Pictures!
2.2: Updated FAQ
2.3: Updated the "Registrations!" Guide with a download to solve previous registration problems.
2.4: Added "How to Patch" Guide with pictures!
2.5: Added "How To PortForward" Guide with pictures! [Long awaited]

Useful Downloads:
GM Handbook :

Guides-

Setting Up! - This guide will help you with the basics of setting up your server files.
It will also help you port forward to get ready for accepting players from all over the world.

Going Public! - This guide will help you go public!
The guide includes a tutorial on how to Hex Edit your client to your WAN IP which renders Hamachi useless.

Registrations! - This guide will help you set up your registration page for players all around the world.
The guide includes a tutorial on how to set up Abyss Web Server.

Compiling w/ NetBeans! - This guide will help administrators have more control of what they can change.
The guide includes how to effectively use NetBeans.

Changing the Scrolling Header - This guide will help you change the Scrolling Header Message.

Setting up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter - Teaches you how to set up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter.

How to Patch your Server Files! - Teaches you how to patch your server files with the latests updates!

How to Port Forward! - A general guide on how to port forward.

F.A.Q

Q:How do I fix the DC'ing issue when I select my character?
A:Make sure you have port forwarded the correct ports, and also try disabling your firewall, or allow incoming connections on ports 8484 and 7575, or in some cases 7576.

Q:I am unable to connect to my MySQL Browser
A:Upon installing MySQL Tools, you will be prompted to change the default "root" settings. In my guide, I told you to uncheck the box and do not edit it. If you have, use the password you have specified.

Q:How do I change the limit of players that are allowed to login?
A:Open up "world.properties" and find "net.sf.odinms.login.interval=500". Change the "500" to your desired number.

Q:How do I add accounts?
A:Check my guide for a registration page!

Q:Where do I put localhost.exe?
A:Put it into your MapleStory folder and just run it as usual. If you have your server online it should connect.

Q:I am unable to open my localhost.exe
A:This is because all antivirus programs scans for IP address' and since hexed clients have an IP address in them, it detects it as a Trojan Horse. The best way to bypass this is to allow the program pass the check, or to completely disable your antivirus.

Q:How do I make my other account a GM or others a GM?
A:Go to your "odinms" database and open up the "accounts" table. In the GM column, set the value to 1 relative to which account you want to be allowed GM access. Next, open up the "characters" table and in the GM column, also set a 1 relative to which character you are allowing GM commands to be used from.
The "1" in the "accounts" table allows that certain account to login, even if the max limit of logins is reached.
The "1" in the "characters" table allows that certain character to use GM commands.

Q:Im getting random blocks of errors while running my .bats!
A:As long as it doenst cause a crash or affect the running of the server, its fine. Apparently it is something to do with the "mina-core.jar"

Q:My world.bat stays blank, is this meant to happen?
A:Yes, something will pop-up in the black box after you have opened up the other two .bat's as long as you have port forwarded.

Q:I cant get past the login screen!
A:Make sure you have pasted the JCE Files correctly. You should have replaced some files. Scroll to the bottom.

Q:I heard there was a skill maxing NPC, where is he/she?
A:This is a clean version of revision 947 - I will post a guide on how to apply patches soon.

Q:AHHH! When I open my .bat's I get an error!
A:Usually, on the first few lines of the error, there is the error itself explaining. It pretty much is in plain english.
I quote from KZSH's Post:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorEx ception: Unknown database 'odinms'

This means there is not such database called "odinms"
So re-make your database and make sure it is called "odinms"

Q:Help, I get:
MySQL Error Number 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).
How do I fix it!
A: Change the port to 3306

Q:How do I portforward a modem!?
A:You dont have to - Just make sure you have the Unlimited Strength JCE Files in the jdk and jre folders. [Refer to Setting up!]

Q:I get this error when running my localhost.exe "The application has failed to start because ijil15.dll was not found..."
A:This is a very serious error, you will have to throw your computer out of the window and jump on it a few times...
Naw, just put it into your MapleStory folder.

Q:Help I am STILL stuck at the login screen!
A:Make sure you have pasted the JCE files correctly, and remember you have to port forward if you're behind a router and to turn off your firewall - Or allow incoming connections on ports 7575 and 8484

Q:Is it possible to use a Dynamic IP for the server?
A:I have yet to try this, but I think it may be possible. Make yourself a VERY short No-Ip domain, and hex that into your client.
And from time to time - Update it with the No-IP download they provide for you.

Q:Help! I get error code : -2147287038 (Unknown error 0x80030002)
A:Replace my 0.54 Mob.wz file with yours. - However, make sure the rest are 0.55.

Q:Monsters dont move! What do I do?
A:Right click the top right icon - Its hide :p

Q:I cant login to the admins account!
A:Try it with lower-case :p

Q:I keep having massive roll-backs!
A: Dont forcibly close your server .bats by clicking the "X" - Login and type !shutdown

You dont have to port-forward a modem!

Very useful post from Overruled:
Quoted here:

Alright, nice to meet you, this is my first post. A lot of people have a lot of questions so I'm here to try and help (and to learn.) First here are some things I have been looking to know.

Running the server with hamachi - what files does my friend need? I don't really want to have to make a hexed client thing... It's only me and 1 or 2 others.
Learning to script some of the NPCs - mine don't work when I change them.
List of the GM commands - Is there somewhere I can find them all in text?

There are a few more, but these are my things to learn for now. Help would be appreciated, or a link if someone else has done them. :p

Now here's some of the many problems I encountered using this (it was mostly because of my crappy computer though.) Don't get this wrong, I'm not good with this sort of thing but these are some of the problems I found and how to fix them.

1. Java is not recognised as an external or internal program, etc etc.
A) Took me a while to find the answer to this, but here it is.
The environment variables section of my computer (I'll tell you how to get to it) does not instantly show the path where the Java file can be found. You can edit this:
Right click on my computer
Go to properties
Select environment variables
Look in the system variables table for "Path"
If you chose to put in java in the default section, stick this in front of the path by editing it:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin;
By doing this it will show the program to look in that directory, where Java is found. Hooray!
2. I can't really help you with portfoward unless you have the same modem as me, but for mine there was a default guide section which told you step by step how to set it all up. Just remember you need to have both ports open on both connections.
3. With all problems using mysql, I prefer not to use it at all. What I did was "execute" odin ms to mysql (there's a button for it) and then do the rest in navicat. I can post a link for anyone who wants it. When you use navicat, you can just run it through the localhost database mysql uses (I'll showyou how...) and you just enter the password to get into the database. Navicat is easier to edit files (in my opinion) and also it doesn't give you the problem of repeating numbers when I wanted to make my friend a GM (I made the GM account, but can't use it because I'm not sure how to run it on hamachi.):
Step 5 in the setting up odin guide tells you to open the mysql browser, open the odinms.txt file in odinms server folder and the press execute in the top right hand corner (green bolt of lightning)
Download + install Navicat
Open navicat
Go file --> New connection
It will already have localhost for the host name, 3306 for the port and root for the username if you left it as default. If not, then change it to suit. Make sure you untick save password and Press OK.
Double click on localhost in the connections table.
Enter your password (default is -blank-, not the word or the -'s)
Go to the "odinms" section
You will then be shown a lot of options. Double click on each one to see what they do, each table will show a value and such... but to make new accounts and GM's, just keep following.
Double click on the accounts section.
Down the bottom left there is a control panel. Click on the plus
You can now make a new account. Make the username, the password must be in SHA1 format (use hashcalc, I can post a link if I need to), you can change the birthday here, and the gm status. 1 means they are a gm, 0 means they're not.
Close the accounts window.
Open the characters window.
Down the bottom left again click the + sign
Change the account ID to whatever you made the new account's ID
Make the character name, and you can change the level, the amount of exp, the str the dex, etc, the amount of hp and mp (don't go above 30,000 it can stuff up the game I've found), the mesos, the job, the looks, the ap and sp, and again, change the GM status to 1.
You have now successfully made another GM account!
I will try and help with the questions if I can, but post them here don't pm me, because then if someone else has the problem they can see the answer.

I'm doing this because I want to help and to say a big thanks to innovative for helping me. Keep up with those guides, you champion! ;D looking foward to learning the stuff I posted about, hopefully you'll write a guide on them some day lol.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Innovative's Guide Library. [OdinMS]

man listen the DC problem i don't understand
in the SettingUP Odin
you wrote that need a router to open ports!
but i don't have one.
what to do

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

than u skip that step.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I could't run the 'localhost.exe". My AVG says that there's virus and when I try to open it, it says "Window cannot access the specific file, ..."

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I could't run the 'localhost.exe". My AVG says that there's virus and when I try to open it, it says "Window cannot access the specific file, ..."

Answered.
Look above.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

To open up the MapleStory client, do I have to open up the localhost.exe file? or just do this :

Step Ten -
Now, all you need to do is run your .bat's in THIS order:
World.bat
Login.bat
Channel.bat
REMEMBER to have at least a 5 second interval between opening each batch file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

and ...
Innovative - [Tut] Innovative's Guide Library. [OdinMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

why do this happen?

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The .bats is to open your SERVER
The localhost.exe is to CONNECT to YOUR Server.
Put localhost.exe into your MapleStory folder and run it, while you have your server online.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I can't run it, or else a window will pop up saying "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have to appropirate permission to access the item".

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I can't run it, or else a window will pop up saying "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have to appropirate permission to access the item".

Read the FAQ

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Lol, did you even download my localhost.exe?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't get it ... the FAQ says to disable all anti-virus program, but the window still pops up.

fully disable the anti virus. after that try restart your comp. make sure ur using a adminstrator account. it should work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

innovative i tell u how it affect the server. I clicked the "localhost.exe" after that i tried log in. with Admin or any other acc. the login button will be stuck there and than after awhile it would dc and say "The connection to the server has ended." Well, the java files is downloaded since 0.53 or 0.54 tutorials. only now i know how to run mysql some other stuffs i have little knowledge with mysql and c++.

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nothing to do with the Java.
It is you connecting to yourself.
You need to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter

I shall make a tutorial on how to do that now.
Sit tight.

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I downloaded Reita's cause your doesn't work. Rapidshare always defies me. :2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:

Disable antivirus.
and Redownload.

Back