Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] Innovative's Guide Library. [OdinMS]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE] Innovative's Guide Library. [OdinMS]

This is my 1st post but i have actually set up everything and all went smooth. I got my bros set up and started playing their characters all in gm mode. :)

Now my problem that none other seemed to have faced is learning 4th job skills of bowman.

u can learn 4th job skills with the command !skill, however,skills like hurricane are not usable cause it doesn't deal any damage at all, even though the damage figures are constantly popping out.

now how do u solve this prob?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

nice guide

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

My information? What's my information?

Can you add me to msn?

I didn't change any passwords in anything else, so... yeah.

I did this just for a test, then after I was planning.

I just tryed changing the password and username to something else, but it still does it.

Sorry for the troubles, thanks for the help.

Change it according to your MySQL Database details.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm having some trouble loging in.......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Someone help me with this error..I get this error when I click Launch_world....

Jun 3, 2008 5:56:56 PM net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConn
ection initialValue
SEVERE: ERROR
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link fai
lure

Last packet sent to the server was 0 ms ago.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
rce)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1
074)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2103)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:718)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
rce)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:302)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java
:282)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initi
alValue(DatabaseConnection.java:80)
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initi
alValue(DatabaseConnection.java:65)
at java.lang.ThreadLocal.setInitialValue(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConne
ction.java:48)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:62)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.getInstance(WorldServer.java:72)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.ja
va:80)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryIm
pl.java:101)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.ja
va:253)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:280)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2026)
... 21 more
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.ja
va:85)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryIm
pl.java:101)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

i have a question i keep getting error code -2147287038 [ unknown error 0x800300002] i've already replaced everything with v.55 wz and v.54 mobwz hhelp please?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I need help with disconnection after trying to select a character. How can I fix this?

Innovative - [Tut] Innovative's Guide Library. [OdinMS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Alright, nice to meet you, this is my first post. A lot of people have a lot of questions so I'm here to try and help (and to learn.) First here are some things I have been looking to know.

Running the server with hamachi - what files does my friend need? I don't really want to have to make a hexed client thing... It's only me and 1 or 2 others.
Learning to script some of the NPCs - mine don't work when I change them.
List of the GM commands - Is there somewhere I can find them all in text?

There are a few more, but these are my things to learn for now. Help would be appreciated, or a link if someone else has done them. :p

Now here's some of the many problems I encountered using this (it was mostly because of my crappy computer though.) Don't get this wrong, I'm not good with this sort of thing but these are some of the problems I found and how to fix them.

1. Java is not recognised as an external or internal program, etc etc.
A) Took me a while to find the answer to this, but here it is.
The environment variables section of my computer (I'll tell you how to get to it) does not instantly show the path where the Java file can be found. You can edit this:
Right click on my computer
Go to properties
Select environment variables
Look in the system variables table for "Path"
If you chose to put in java in the default section, stick this in front of the path by editing it:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin;
By doing this it will show the program to look in that directory, where Java is found. Hooray!
2. I can't really help you with portfoward unless you have the same modem as me, but for mine there was a default guide section which told you step by step how to set it all up. Just remember you need to have both ports open on both connections.
3. With all problems using mysql, I prefer not to use it at all. What I did was "execute" odin ms to mysql (there's a button for it) and then do the rest in navicat. I can post a link for anyone who wants it. When you use navicat, you can just run it through the localhost database mysql uses (I'll showyou how...) and you just enter the password to get into the database. Navicat is easier to edit files (in my opinion) and also it doesn't give you the problem of repeating numbers when I wanted to make my friend a GM (I made the GM account, but can't use it because I'm not sure how to run it on hamachi.):
Step 5 in the setting up odin guide tells you to open the mysql browser, open the odinms.txt file in odinms server folder and the press execute in the top right hand corner (green bolt of lightning)
Download + install Navicat
Open navicat
Go file --> New connection
It will already have localhost for the host name, 3306 for the port and root for the username if you left it as default. If not, then change it to suit. Make sure you untick save password and Press OK.
Double click on localhost in the connections table.
Enter your password (default is -blank-, not the word or the -'s)
Go to the "odinms" section
You will then be shown a lot of options. Double click on each one to see what they do, each table will show a value and such... but to make new accounts and GM's, just keep following.
Double click on the accounts section.
Down the bottom left there is a control panel. Click on the plus
You can now make a new account. Make the username, the password must be in SHA1 format (use hashcalc, I can post a link if I need to), you can change the birthday here, and the gm status. 1 means they are a gm, 0 means they're not.
Close the accounts window.
Open the characters window.
Down the bottom left again click the + sign
Change the account ID to whatever you made the new account's ID
Make the character name, and you can change the level, the amount of exp, the str the dex, etc, the amount of hp and mp (don't go above 30,000 it can stuff up the game I've found), the mesos, the job, the looks, the ap and sp, and again, change the GM status to 1.
You have now successfully made another GM account!
I will try and help with the questions if I can, but post them here don't pm me, because then if someone else has the problem they can see the answer.

I'm doing this because I want to help and to say a big thanks to innovative for helping me. Keep up with those guides, you champion! ;D looking foward to learning the stuff I posted about, hopefully you'll write a guide on them some day lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm having some trouble loging in.......

I'm having the same problems as him and when I'm installing MYSQL tools, it never asked me to uncheck anything. And I did put port 3306.

EDIT:Ok I have found out what to do lols.

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Alright, nice to meet you, this is my first post. A lot of people have a lot of questions so I'm here to try and help (and to learn.) First here are some things I have been looking to know.

Running the server with hamachi - what files does my friend need? I don't really want to have to make a hexed client thing... It's only me and 1 or 2 others.
Learning to script some of the NPCs - mine don't work when I change them.
List of the GM commands - Is there somewhere I can find them all in text?

There are a few more, but these are my things to learn for now. Help would be appreciated, or a link if someone else has done them. :p

Now here's some of the many problems I encountered using this (it was mostly because of my crappy computer though.) Don't get this wrong, I'm not good with this sort of thing but these are some of the problems I found and how to fix them.

1. Java is not recognised as an external or internal program, etc etc.
A) Took me a while to find the answer to this, but here it is.
The environment variables section of my computer (I'll tell you how to get to it) does not instantly show the path where the Java file can be found. You can edit this:
Right click on my computer
Go to properties
Select environment variables
Look in the system variables table for "Path"
If you chose to put in java in the default section, stick this in front of the path by editing it:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin;
By doing this it will show the program to look in that directory, where Java is found. Hooray!
2. I can't really help you with portfoward unless you have the same modem as me, but for mine there was a default guide section which told you step by step how to set it all up. Just remember you need to have both ports open on both connections.
3. With all problems using mysql, I prefer not to use it at all. What I did was "execute" odin ms to mysql (there's a button for it) and then do the rest in navicat. I can post a link for anyone who wants it. When you use navicat, you can just run it through the localhost database mysql uses (I'll showyou how...) and you just enter the password to get into the database. Navicat is easier to edit files (in my opinion) and also it doesn't give you the problem of repeating numbers when I wanted to make my friend a GM (I made the GM account, but can't use it because I'm not sure how to run it on hamachi.):
Step 5 in the setting up odin guide tells you to open the mysql browser, open the odinms.txt file in odinms server folder and the press execute in the top right hand corner (green bolt of lightning)
Download + install Navicat
Open navicat
Go file --> New connection
It will already have localhost for the host name, 3306 for the port and root for the username if you left it as default. If not, then change it to suit. Make sure you untick save password and Press OK.
Double click on localhost in the connections table.
Enter your password (default is -blank-, not the word or the -'s)
Go to the "odinms" section
You will then be shown a lot of options. Double click on each one to see what they do, each table will show a value and such... but to make new accounts and GM's, just keep following.
Double click on the accounts section.
Down the bottom left there is a control panel. Click on the plus
You can now make a new account. Make the username, the password must be in SHA1 format (use hashcalc, I can post a link if I need to), you can change the birthday here, and the gm status. 1 means they are a gm, 0 means they're not.
Close the accounts window.
Open the characters window.
Down the bottom left again click the + sign
Change the account ID to whatever you made the new account's ID
Make the character name, and you can change the level, the amount of exp, the str the dex, etc, the amount of hp and mp (don't go above 30,000 it can stuff up the game I've found), the mesos, the job, the looks, the ap and sp, and again, change the GM status to 1.
You have now successfully made another GM account!
I will try and help with the questions if I can, but post them here don't pm me, because then if someone else has the problem they can see the answer.

I'm doing this because I want to help and to say a big thanks to innovative for helping me. Keep up with those guides, you champion! ;D looking foward to learning the stuff I posted about, hopefully you'll write a guide on them some day lol.

Thanks - Will add to the main page.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm having some trouble logging in and making new accounts. When I first got the private server running, the admin account worked fine. Then I changed the password and when I try to log in it says incorrect password. So, I changed the password back and it still says wrong password.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

i have a question i keep getting error code -2147287038 [ unknown error 0x800300002] i've already replaced everything with v.55 wz and v.54 mobwz hhelp please?

help please?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey, i got everything working up till when i start the client, these are the two errors i get

i just dont know how to fix it, if someone could give some advice i would greatly appreciate it ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello,
I have created the server according to your guide, but I get stuck at character selection when I choose my character, Its just staying there the whole time, not entering the game and then it d/c? I copied and pasted the JCE things in the folders your guide said, and I still couldn't get passed character selection. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i put the jce files in the security files correctly, and i allowed the 8484 & 7575 ports through my firewall, but it still doesn't work? help anybody? :sq_yellow

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

First off, thanks for the post on the main page innovative (although my name is Overruled, not Overruler xD)

Next off, people who are having trouble logging into their characters, make sure you have waited at LEAST 2 minutes before you start to worry. Why so long? Because sometimes things can take a while to process. If you still can't log in after, then try making a new account. I have already made a post on how to do this if you want to read it. If you still can't get in then triple check that you pasted ALL of the files from the JCE download in the sections needed, as in pasted over the old files, not moving a copy of the folder there. Then make sure your ports are fowarded, and try again.

If you have done all this and you still can't get on, try disabling your firewall or together (but a more sensible option would be to make sure it is fowarded on both UCP and ITP (I think it was them :\) connections, for this to work for me I had to make 2 separate allowances.

So make sure you have followed the guide step by step, the java program can be found, don't worry about the errors in the launch files so long as the server still runs, make sure the account exists and the password is in SHA1 format, if you have gotten in before and can't get in a second time, try deleting all the files in your inventory, some of the items may be bugged, this worked for me. I can write up how if needed.

@morality, when does that message appear? I'm not going to search through all possible errors to find when that occurs. Tell me when it comes up and what it does to your client, I'll have a look for you. Anyone else need help?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

the password is not solves for us...step by step in pic would be helpful...thx alot..u the best..!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i have been trying alot of diff step but is still the same...keep saying incorrect password..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i got it up now, im just having 1 last porblem.

its connecting fine, but it always says incorrect pw

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

d00d i know you arent a robot and all but i sent you the request PM days ago.. please make that guide i really need to know D:

Back