Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] Setting Up - Microsoft Loopback Adapter

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What does microsoft loopback do? i dun get it when u say connect to urself soo yeah can u tell me what does do, like allow you to portfoward? i dun get this D: sorry

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Microsoft loopback adapter identified pls help... no point disabling it as if i wan to disable it i dun have to install it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok so like after im done with this do i like press my ms client or what do i do next? to connect after i start up server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hope that this thread is not dead yet. So if i use no-ip to get a static wan ip, then how shall i type the no-ip thing eg, 123.no-ip.com into the loopback adapter?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, just a question.

Where do I find my WAN IP address ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i made the loopback,my no-ip will auto refresh my external ip to local ip help pls

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How does this work for dedicated servers?
I tried to insert the IP Address and the Gateway of the dedicated Server but it still seems to connect to the official servers.

~Lunatic

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So if my wan ip changed i have to change the tcp/ip to my new wan ip addresa everytime??? Any solution for this??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Setting Up - Microsoft Loopback Adapter

I did this and i successfully connected to my own server, thanks for the guide^^ can anyone help me connect my other computer to my server? is it possible? i tried to do the same thing but it didn't let me in the server. It said "we are unable to connect..."

Back