Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [Vista] [Updated] - Innovative

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
These series guides were written for:

[inix]™ Services 2.0 & Innovatives Mega Guide Thread!

Setting Up the Microsft Loopback Adapter!

This guide will help you set up the Loopback Adapter which will allow both you and your players to connect. Installing this should also allow you to connect to your website via your WAN IP.
This guide was made with Windows Vista Home Premium.
-Step One- Go to your "Control Panel".
Go to "Hardware and Sound" and in the "Search" box type in "Add Hardware".

Innovative - [Tut]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [Vista] [Updated] - Innovative - RaGEZONE Forums

Under "Device Manager" you should see "Install drivers for older devices with Add Hardware wizard", press this.

Innovative - [Tut]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [Vista] [Updated] - Innovative - RaGEZONE Forums

-Step Two- Press "Next" and select the option "Install the hardware I manually select from a list" and press "Next".

Scroll down to "Network Adpaters" and select it and press "Next"

Under the "Manufacturer" column select "Microsoft" and under the "Network Adapter" column select "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" and press "Next" and "Next" once more to start installing.

-Step Three- Go to your Start Menu and type in "cmd" in the search function and press enter.
A black box should have appeared, in this black box type in "ipconfig" and press enter.
Note down the figures and values that should have appeared in the black box and close it. If you have many different sections of information, just copy the information from the section "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection"

-Step Four- Go back to your "Control Panel" and select "Network and Internet".
Now select "Network and Sharing Center" and on the left select "Manage Network Connections".

-Step Five- You should see your newly made connection, to confirm this hover over the new connection and it should say "Microsoft Loopback Adapter".
Right click your new connection and select "Properties".

Select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and press "Properties".

In the "General" tab select the radio button "Use the following IP address:"

In the IP address box, type in your "WAN IP" and fill out the rest of the information, leaving the "DNS" section blank.
Press Ok and you should be done!

Enjoy!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [Vista] [Updated] - Innovative

I posted a tutorial on this 0.o.. And I asked permission .. 0.o.. :p.. But anyways, urs is better.. Only cuz yoiu have images!! :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [Vista] [Updated] - Innovative

Thanks for this turtorial but I get a quite big problem,
where you said:

"In the IP address box, type in your "WAN IP""
So I did.
When i runned my server it let me connect to it :) but...
Then moments later i just restarted my pc cuz i was lagging a lil...
then my wan ip changed. So i tried connecting to my server and it refused. Then i chanegd my microsoft looopback adaptor wan ip to my new wan ip and it works again. I get like a new wan ip every 2 hours and Does this mean i have to re-type my wan-ip everytime it changes?

Please tell me how i can fix this plz
:eek:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Innovative is the man when it comes to guides.. thanks again

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks for this turtorial but I get a quite big problem,
where you said:

"In the IP address box, type in your "WAN IP""
So I did.
When i runned my server it let me connect to it :) but...
Then moments later i just restarted my pc cuz i was lagging a lil...
then my wan ip changed. So i tried connecting to my server and it refused. Then i chanegd my microsoft looopback adaptor wan ip to my new wan ip and it works again. I get like a new wan ip every 2 hours and Does this mean i have to re-type my wan-ip everytime it changes?

Please tell me how i can fix this plz
:eek:

Means your have a dynamic IP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

THANK YOU ,after i done all the step u did , then what? thats all o_O?
how can i make a register page ? plz help

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@tgf914520 Read the guide "Setting Up Registrations"

Loyal Member
Reaction score

Wow . You fuckign own man.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Do you know how to turn the DHCP on, on the new loopback adapter network?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i need some help, i have to open existing network and the new one i created, or i have to disable the existing one and eneble the new one to have only one network ?????? also , when it says ip addres and u say add wan ip not ur ip adress, not the ip that shows ipconfig, just the wan one ??? S:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

please help i keep getting this no matter what i try... any ideas whats wrong?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

please help i keep getting this no matter what i try... any ideas whats wrong?

just click ok and it'll be fine, it's because you put your wanip instead of it's own ip address(i think, im not sure)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its cuz he didnt explain what the 192.168.11.1

this tut DOES NOT WORK ON VISTA HOME PC

Gratz! You just bumped a 1 year old thread.
And It works on vista home pc.
I would know I tryed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG!! THANKS A LOT! Seriously, my players could get inside but i couldnt.. i saw that threat's link on another threat, i tried this one,and it actually worked!!! that made my day! nono,that made my year lol! thanks extremely much lol!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice guide. I followed it while on Win7.

Only problem: I have searched, and I cannot find:

What do you do once you set it up? How do you connect to your server!? lol I feel like such a dope

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how would i be able to use this on my private server? like how do i connect?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice guide. I followed it while on Win7.

Only problem: I have searched, and I cannot find:

What do you do once you set it up? How do you connect to your server!? lol I feel like such a dope

lol me to i have windows 7 can u show me how to do it on windows 7?

Back