Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [XP] [Updated] - Innovative

om nom nom.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
These series guides were written for:

[inix]™ Services 2.0 & Innovatives Mega Guide Thread!

Setting up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter on XP

This guide is for XP users, there is a slightly different method of installing the adapter
-Step One- Go to you "Control Panel"
If it is in "Simple View", change it to "Category View".
Then go to "Printers and Other Hardware"

-Step Two- On the left hand side, there should be a link named "Add Hardware"
Select it.
Click "Next" and let it search.

Innovative - [Tut]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [XP] [Updated] - Innovative - RaGEZONE Forums

Select "Yes, I have already connected the hardware"
Press "Next".

Innovative - [Tut]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [XP] [Updated] - Innovative - RaGEZONE Forums

Scroll down to the bottom and select "Add a new hardware device"
Press "Next"

Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)"
Press "Next"

Select "Network Adapters"
Press "Next"

Under "Manufacturer" select "Microsoft"
Under "Network Adapter" select "Microsoft Loopback Adapter"
Press "Next" and "Next" again to start installing.

-Step Three- Go to your desktop, right click and go to:
"New > Shortcut"
In the box prompt type "cmd" and press enter twice.
Double click the icon that you have just made, it should pop-up with a black box.
In the black box type "ipconfig" - Write all of these values and numbers down on a piece of paper somewhere.

-Step Four- After installation you need to configure the network.
Go to:
"Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections"

Select and right click the newly made Network and select "Properties".
Highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and press "Properties".
Select "Use the following IP address" and fill in your information.
Except for your IP Address, where you would use your WAN IP.

After doing so, press okay and now you should be able to connect to yourself!

Enjoy!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [XP] [Updated] - Innovative

nice job this really helped
as have alot of your TUT's
I now have a smoothly running Private server
double thumbs up man :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Setting Up the Microsoft Loopback Adapter [XP] [Updated] - Innovative

Thanks, Chris. All of your guides have helped me out so much now (and in the past). You can also just go to run and type command, by the way.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

U need the disk? cos i dont hav and it says i need it

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

U need the disk? cos i dont hav and it says i need it

No, you do not need the disk, follow the setup closer, Its really easy if you read it right.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

question, do you do this on the computer you are connecting from, or the server, or both? and is Default Gateway actually the Default Gateway in ipconfig, or the physical address of the NIC you are connecting to? thanks

Loyal Member
Reaction score

Revived a 2month old thread..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

well some people just made a private server, so they just starting having the problems

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

uhh i apparently dont have the program Prunteres and Other hardware how do i get it???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The other PC in my LAN can't get into the game... only the PC server, tx to this post, but LANs can't. How can i fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TYTYTYTTY FINALY got this loopback adaptor to work... the external in the "ip address"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What exactly does this do?
Does it make it so you dont have to portfoward or hwat?

Back