Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Updating a Server from One Version to Another [Updated]

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: Updating a Server from One Version to Another [Wall of Text/Unfinished]

OKAYOKAYOKAY. I'm not understanding here. Okay. I want to update v83 - v1.0 right? But why do I need to know about the handlers? They seem fine to me, I thought I just had to update the packets. Like

nice nice I've learn a few things and so let me do a little test:
Information:
PHP:
//v.83
Received MOVE_SUMMON [00A2] (26)
[header"A2 00] [42 73 55 00] [gm"00] [?10 00] [text"52 3E 42 50 71 20 20 53 3E 47 46 41 20 37 6D 21] [show?"00]
¢.BsU....R>BPq  S>GFA 7m!.

//v.99
Received CHATTEXT [00C2] (13) 
[header"C2 00] [DD 0C 02 00] [gm"00] [?03 00] [text"68 65 79] [show?"00]
Â.Ý......hey.
PHP:
    public static MaplePacket getChatText(int cidfrom, String text, boolean gm, int show) {
        MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter mplew = new MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter();//TODO since theres a limit in text in global
        mplew.writeShort(0xC2);
        mplew.writeInt(cidfrom);
        mplew.write(gm ? 1 : 0);
        mplew.writeShort(text.length() > 10 : 10 : text.length()); // I'm guessing the text length if past 10 stays in 10/0A?
        mplew.writeMapleAsciiString(text);//add a getRightPaddedStr prob?
        mplew.write(show);
        return mplew.getPacket();
    }
I've updated from v.83 to v.97 and learned a bit on packet, so I was thinking why not test my ability here to make sure I'm doing this correctly..first time I've played with packets and upgraded..

//v.83
Received MOVE_SUMMON [00A2] (26)
[header"A2 00] [42 73 55 00] [gm"00] [?10 00] [text"52 3E 42 50 71 20 20 53 3E 47 46 41 20 37 6D 21] [show?"00]
¢.BsU....R>BPq S>GFA 7m!.
^^^^
Wth is all of that????? Shouldn't it be like this-
MOVE_SUMMON = 0xA2 < In Send/RecvOps?
Where would all of that go?
//v.99
Received CHATTEXT [00C2] (13)
[header"C2 00] [DD 0C 02 00] [gm"00] [?03 00] [text"68 65 79] [show?"00]
Â.Ý......hey.
[/php]
PHP:
[COLOR="red"]Where does this go? My v.83 repack is already coded?
vvvvv[/COLOR]    public static MaplePacket getChatText(int cidfrom, String text, boolean gm, int show) {
        MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter mplew = new MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter();//TODO since theres a limit in text in global
        mplew.writeShort(0xC2);
        mplew.writeInt(cidfrom);
        mplew.write(gm ? 1 : 0);
        mplew.writeShort(text.length() > 10 : 10 : text.length()); // I'm guessing the text length if past 10 stays in 10/0A?
        mplew.writeMapleAsciiString(text);//add a getRightPaddedStr prob?
        mplew.write(show);
        return mplew.getPacket();
    }

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm a total idiot in this, so forgive me.
I'm planning to update my old v62 server (BubblesDEV) to v83.
I got the v83 opcodes (from localms).
Question: What's next?

return null;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm a total idiot in this, so forgive me.
I'm planning to update my old v62 server (BubblesDEV) to v83.
I got the v83 opcodes (from localms).
Question: What's next?

Read the Ducking tutorial..
Nice tutorial though.

Reaction score
Absolutely the most amazing tutorial I've ever read. Provides enormous amounts of information that would take a life-time to scrounge up from numerous other vague tutorials.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the Guide on Updating a server. I have 2 questions, One I noticed someone else had asked in your thread.Here.
How would one go about Updating a server thats not the newest version? Is there a way to at least grab outgoing packets using a server that doesnt send any packets (other then Ping and login, And having removed all Mobs/NPCs)? or would you D/C.

The Other question I was going to ask is, Which files in odinMS am I editing (Just the opCodes nothing else, Il figure it out the rest when I come to it), I grabbed a clean v.55 that I plan to update to v1 GMS. Its not incredibly important but It would be useful to know. Im not sure but It looks like the Java reads the Opcodes from a txt file?

Cant wait for your last Part in the tutorial, There is gonna be more Right SuperLol?

Thanks for the hardwork ;) keep it up. Amazing Tutorial, this is the Exact Kind of Guide I was looking for.

[Stupid Min Post required to PM.... ahh well 1 post closer XD]

EDIT:

SuperLol Could you write a guide to getting the cash shop working on older Maplestorys?

Edit2: I FEEL SO SMART NOW... *sarcastic* I spent so long looking for the right librarys... thinking they wouldnt come with the source. Well I found them and now have a properly compiled MoopleDev. Cept it doesnt wanna read from MySQL (Using xampp rofl :D Insecure FTW)

Last edited:
Reaction score
A couple of pictures added!

This Thread is more than 101 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A couple of pictures added!

This Thread is more than 101 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Plus the fact that it's stickied...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand nothing seriously, your guide is really nice but I can't understand.. I need someone to help me live :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just started with networking and the whole lot; this is extremely helpful! :) Thank you.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
GJ ! But anyone can give me video ? I don't know english perfect .. -_-

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-Jobs, stats, item slots are shorts
actually MP and HP are now integers, as is fame

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After you update the packet methods and send/recv opcodes. How would you go about adding like a new class, I know you have to get the latest .xml's but e.g:

v111-v112 = phantom. How would you go about adding the phantom?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
After you update the packet methods and send/recv opcodes. How would you go about adding like a new class, I know you have to get the latest .xml's but e.g:

v111-v112 = phantom. How would you go about adding the phantom?
Phantom was in the Wz Files since V109, all you gotta do is switch your job. The Strings/pics of the skills wont be there or messed up but it should work.

OT: 100TH POST!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I updated the v111 general chat 0x54 to the v113 0x59. I did the Chattext one too. How do I check if I've updated correctly?

Back