Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v75 MapleStory Odin-Teh Private Server Guide

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How to make a V75 Private Server since all other guides are outdated and horribly written and explained with no pictures or anything. There is too many steps or unnecassary explainations.
So here I am at the end of 2k16, releasing an old guide for those who are interested.
I am having a hard time finding decent sources and repacks, so if you know of any, or have any saved from forever ago, let me know! I am going to upload as much as I can to save these files from disappearing forever.
This guide is based on how my experience went with creating a v75 private server with minimal guidence.
It will not be perfect.
Don't expect a grand guide. I have done this before, like a decade ago I swear.
Just wanted something online to share with others that has active links and help.
Enjoy.
Any tip or anything that you think would improve this guide, let me know!
I am working on adding pictures along with it.

Known Errors:
I received error code: -2147024809
Happens when you launch Localhost.exe
Right Click ->Properties->Compatibility-> Check Run as Admin, and Disable scaling on High DPI settings, and Compatiblity mode of Windows 98. Save, reopen.
Fixed on Windows 10. Should work on Windows 8 as well.

First of all, your downloads.
So, for your v75 Private server, you will need:

(I will be using Odin-teh)
(I am using Win10, and had to download the Online Installer and the i586 installer, and I personally downloaded version ) You might need an account to download archived versions. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER VERSION. ONLY 6.0. Uninstall any other versions, may give errors. (Not 100% sure)

&
(optional)

Secondly,
Install, everything.

Install MapleStory v75
Install WampServer.
Install MySql Server and Query Browser, do not run them yet. I will explain below.
Install Java 6 SE and JDK.
Install Hexwork Shop (can wait, or don't all together, up to you and what you want to do for your server, same with Hamachi)

Extract the Localhost, WZ, Java Strength files, and Odinteh187 Source.

Extract the Odinteh187 Source into its own folder.
THEN
Extract the WZ files, DONT EXTRACT TO WZ. Just Extact it.
(
That will cause it to be a WZ folder inside a WZ folder....just extract it. It will already be in a folder. I promise. Or open, drag, and drop)
Get it? Not getting it will result in your server not loading. or working. Pay attention!

Place the extracted WZ folder inside the source folder.
So open Odinteh187, and just drop that WZ folder inside there. Easy, right?

Extract the strength files. (Set aside for step three.)
Extract the Localhost, place that inside the MapleStory v75 Install folder
(so, C:/nexon/maplestory, or where ever you installed it too)

Third.
Open up the Java 6 Strength files folder, and copy and overwrite them into these folders.
Don't worry about the xx, it can be any number. As long as its Java 6, it's cool.
Code:
[B]C:/Program Files/Java/jre6/lib/security 
C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_xx/jre/lib/security[/B]

Fourth. Open up that WampServer.
It won't upen up a window, you will find an icon in your icon tray in the corner of your screen.
Left click it, and hit START ALL SERVICES, and then make sure it is ONLINE.
shroombabe - v75 MapleStory Odin-Teh Private Server Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Fifth.
Open up that MYSQL SERVER.
It will ask you to configure your new server.
Follow these steps, it's easy. or .

Code:
[B]Select Standard Configuration. [I]Next.[/I]
Install as Windows Service. [I]Next.[/I]
Enter password for root user, enter "root" or create your own. [I]Next.[/I]
Click on [I]execute[/I]. [/B]

Hit enter, and it should open up MYSQL QUERY BROWSER automatically, if not, open it manually.
It will ask you to fill out some information.

It will tell you that this Schema doesn't exist.
Obviously, yes, you want to create this Schema.

Now, Go to File->Open Script->Select "odinms.sql"-> RUN YOUR SQL SCRIPTS
Hit that green lightening bolt button to execute those scripts and BAM.
You have a database.

Sixth-ly. (is that a word?)
Open up that Odinteh187 source folder,

We will be editing these files:
DB.properties, World.properties, Login.Properties, and Channel.Properties.
You can open these up with notepad, just right click and select "Open With..." and search for the Notepad.
There are already set to connect to Localhost by default, so unless you are ready to add your custom i.p. Don't worry about these right now.

db.properties should look like this though:
Code:
[B]# qualified class name of your JDBC driver
driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

# JDBC URL to your database
url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/odinms

# credentials for database access
user = root
password = root [/B][SIZE=1][I](unless you chose otherwise.)[/I][/SIZE]

Right now we are just testing the server, make your i.p. is set to Localhost when editing the files, double check. Triple check. Good. Don't miss anything, thats how errors are made.
Otherwise, use a Hamachi i.p. or port forward. (will explain later)

SEVENTH.
If you didn't already.
Extract that WZ folder.
Now, take that folder and place it inside your source folder.
Good job.

EIGTH.

Run the batch "launch_server".
If you get any errors, back track and see if you MISSED anything, if not, post below.
Otherwise, you should be up and running!

Nineth.
Install Hamachi, open it, create a new group, copy that I.P., and paste it to where you see "Localhost" in the property files. Refer to Step 7.

Tenth.
Extract your Localhost if you haven't already.
Open HexWorkshop, open the Localhost.exe that you downloaded earlier.
Code:
[SIZE=2]So, Click [B]File[/B]->[B]Open[/B] and open the [B]localhost.exe[/B],[/SIZE]
[I][SIZE=2]Now press CTRL + F and change the type to "Text String".[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=2]Now type in 127.0.0.1 in the "Find" box,[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=2]There will be three or maybe two 127.0.0.1's[/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=2][I]Edit all of them to your i.p. or your Hamachi i.p.[/I]
Save.[/SIZE]

You are all set. If everything was installed right, you should have no errors, and should be able to log in and play!

Will add website guide later.
Might add pictures.
Will add port-forwarding and detailed hamachi guide too.
Will add how to change and modify stuff too (or link to someone who can explain.)

Will report back with any errors I have found personally, and any fixes that have been made successful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good guide.
Outdated content maybe, but gets straight to the point.

Get it? Not getting it will result in your server not loading. or working. Pay attention!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am getting a NoClassDefFoundError in main when trying to run launch_world.bat .After some digging around it seems I have to set my CLASSPATH environment variable? Can you point me to which jar files I should set it to?

I see that there is a .classpath file inside OdinTeh187. Maybe this is where the problem is? :$:

Edit: Fixed the problem. For other people, open your environment variables and under PATH add the bin pathway of jre and jdk. Also make another variable called CLASSPATH and add the same bin pathways of both jre and jdk to it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I received error code: -2147024809 but I set "Compatiblity mode of Windows 98" already.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello is it possible to do it with newer versions of Maple?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Need help, when i execute the sql i get these errors
Script line: 379 Cannot add foreign key constraintScript line: 821 Table 'odinms.accounts' doesn't exist

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Need help, when i execute the sql i get these errors
Script line: 379 Cannot add foreign key constraintScript line: 821 Table 'odinms.accounts' doesn't exist

You are missing the table 'odinms.accounts'. Either edit the script so they can auto create or do it yourself

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi this is probably a stupid question but I went to run the launch server batch file a cmd window pops up and says hit any key, I hit space bar and this message comes up

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi this is probably a stupid question but I went to run the launch server batch file a cmd window pops up and says hit any key, I hit space bar and this message comes up

Then maybe try to not hit space ? XD

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I fixed that issues, I had to add my version of java to the environment variables.

My next issue is logging in to the game, I have no idea how to make an account or make it a gm

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I fixed that issues, I had to add my version of java to the environment variables.

My next issue is logging in to the game, I have no idea how to make an account or make it a gm

Im not using my computer now but if im not wrong you add it using your mysql workbench under the account variable

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Everything works except logging in..? It just says its wrong password (I've tried creating different accounts with different usernames and passwords..and still it does not work) anyone have any tips?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything works except logging in..? It just says its wrong password (I've tried creating different accounts with different usernames and passwords..and still it does not work) anyone have any tips?

Are you running a public server or a personal one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did everything correctly about six times nows to make sure that I did everything correctly.
The only problem I have is that my WAMPserver is Orange, instead of green.

Page 1
Code:
Mar 26, 2017 12:31:32 AM net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection initialValue
SEVERE: ERROR
java.sql.SQLException: null,  message from server: "Host 'DESKTOP-9J8P2LO' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1055)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1095)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2031)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:718)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:302)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:282)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initialValue(DatabaseConnection.java:80)        
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initialValue(DatabaseConnection.java:65)
        at java.lang.ThreadLocal.setInitialValue(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(Unknown Source)
        at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:48)        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:62)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.getInstance(WorldServer.java:72)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.java:89)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryImpl.java:110)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.java:94)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryImpl.java:110)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)
Page 2
Code:
Mar 26, 2017 12:31:32 AM net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection initialValue
SEVERE: ERROR
java.sql.SQLException: null,  message from server: "Host 'DESKTOP-9J8P2LO' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1055)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1095)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2031)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:718)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:302)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:282)
        at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initialValue(DatabaseConnection.java:80)
        at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection$ThreadLocalConnection.initialValue(DatabaseConnection.java:65)
        at java.lang.ThreadLocal.setInitialValue(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(Unknown Source)
        at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:48)        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:62)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.getInstance(WorldServer.java:72)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.java:89)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.java:94)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:92)
Page 3
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.NotBoundException: WorldRegistry
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Skel.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.oldDispatch(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at net.sf.odinms.net.channel.ChannelServer.main(ChannelServer.java:541)

I picked the Hamachi IPv4 address and replaced all the localhost text on world.properties, login.properties, and channel.properties.
I replaced the jce6 files into the corrected folder directed to.
I put the wz folder into the source folder
I put the localhost file into the maplestory folder
I replaced the localhost IP in the localhost file on HEX to the Hamachi IP4 Address.

I am unsure what's wrong and I have a feeling it has something to do with my WAMPserver not being green.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide! This is probably the most recent guide on how to actually run a version 75 server.
I've gotten to step eight. I'm almost to the end! I am assuming that the actual game will play if I double click the launch server batch? In any case, this comes up: Problem1 - v75 MapleStory Odin-Teh Private Server Guide - RaGEZONE Forums
Three command windows. I see some errors, that's for sure.

What in the world do these mean? How can I fix this?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide! This is probably the most recent guide on how to actually run a version 75 server.
I've gotten to step eight. I'm almost to the end! I am assuming that the actual game will play if I double click the launch server batch? In any case, this comes up:View attachment 162149
Three command windows. I see some errors, that's for sure.

What in the world do these mean? How can I fix this?

RMI failed to locate and connect to the world registry, which means your World Server wasn't initialized properly before you launched the others. Which, judging by the stack trace of your world server, it can't establish a connection to the database. Make sure you have a mysqld service running (you can use wampserver/xampp/etc), a database schema setup, and your db.properties file (or whatever has the db info) has the correct credentials.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RMI failed to locate and connect to the world registry, which means your World Server wasn't initialized properly before you launched the others. Which, judging by the stack trace of your world server, it can't establish a connection to the database. Make sure you have a mysqld service running (you can use wampserver/xampp/etc), a database schema setup, and your db.properties file (or whatever has the db info) has the correct credentials.

Hey Eric,

Thank you so much for the reply! It is indeed a huge help. After toying around with the things you mentioned, I think I found a solution, yet only to hit another wall. You see, in the db file I was running, my "JDBC URL" was: url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/odinms
I tried perhaps using odinms.sql, but then it just didn't recognize anything.
So I changed the name to my actual schema name "Maplestory":
url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Maplestory
This seems to have done something, but now I think I am having problems with the WZ files. As for the third window that usually comes up, it's just empty. Take a look: Problem2 - v75 MapleStory Odin-Teh Private Server Guide - RaGEZONE Forums What does all this mean? If I am reading this correctly, it says that something is wrong with the Map.WZ file? How should I fix this?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah baby! I think I finally did it! The problem was an interesting one. I placed my wz file in my src folder. I simply moved that outside of it and into the regular source folder and BAM, no error messages! :w00t:

Solution1 - v75 MapleStory Odin-Teh Private Server Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Unfortunately, the problems continue. I've installed Hamachi, and put the hamachi IP address in the properties folders. Do I need to put that in the MySQL query browser? I notice it is running off of localhost. In any case, I also edited the localhost file in the v. 75 folder and replaced it with the hamachi IP. . I've completed all of the steps, but I start getting errors on my server again.

So, I decided to at least try and get it working with my local system first. I changed everything back to localhost. And wah la! Everything is up and running again. So, the unedited localhost.exe file gives me this: problem4 - v75 MapleStory Odin-Teh Private Server Guide - RaGEZONE Forums Anyway to fix this? I've changed compatibility to older versions of windows, ran it in admin mode. No go.

So playing around with it further, I hex edited the localhost.exe and changed it to my IP address (Public and Local). I'm not sure if this was even necessary. Anyway, I double click... And nothing. Nothing comes up. Nothing happens.
Any idea how to fix these problems? :(

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In order to fix the "Incorrect parameter" error, you're gonna have to fiddle a little bit with the client; there's an excellent guide for that here.

Back