Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 1x Drop / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE

Server one above us (GTOP) has it as well, so no. I believe Project Throwback were the first to have working minigames for v0.62, but they closed long ago. We were before the server above us though, but in end it doesn't really matter.

Our unique feature for minigames however is that you are allowed to create them inside the FM. However, only on the higher levels of the FM. The reason we did this is because trade to FM is a known thing in many servers, so to make more minigames happen, we decided on this idea, which basically brings the thought of "Take a break? Go to Free Market and minigame with your friends!"

MapleStory (especially old Maple) was all about being social with your friends, so we thought about being able to play minigames in Free Market add into it.

Outside of the point system being a work in progress (we don't have Nexon's official data on how they calculate the point system), everything else minigame wise works perfectly, including most of the Omok rules.

Very neat, I assume you guys are just going through IDA and finding structure, correct? Good luck on the server, it looks like is growing every day!

Staff member
Reaction score

Very neat, I assume you guys are just going through IDA and finding structure, correct? Good luck on the server, it looks like is growing every day!

Correct. What makes it extra difficult is that v0.62 is much less documented than v0.83, meaning we need find a lot more stuff to make them work on our server. The server above us is going to upgrade to v0.83 due to this reason, but we will stay v0.62 for good. I have no interest in v0.83 and to me v0.83 changed a lot of core gameplay that slowly removed the magic of old MapleStory. Also, its less compatibile with the newer OS, and stability is very important to us.

If you are interested/curious about our update logs from beta > present, you can read them here for beta and here for release. We did not log the Closed Beta updates, which is all code from August > December, but it was mostly code cleanup and feature removals from base source, but also some other fixes Smokescreen for example, Minigames, GMS-like Balrog ships.

Thank you for good lucks and interest :)

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

how many coders do you guys have? seems rather experience

Staff member
Reaction score

how many coders do you guys have? seems rather experience
Navi did all our code for Legends thus far. I am a major .wz editor (did all .wz edits) and community leader/manager.

Our staff list can be found here

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

@Navi did all our code for Legends thus far. I am a major .wz editor (did all .wz edits) and community leader/manager.

Our staff list can be found here

I always have trouble running 0.62 or 0.83 on Windows 8.1 x64 bit can you confirm it run without any issue cause if not I would be able to start my own development which is wasted, and downgrading windows can be quite troublesome.

Staff member
Reaction score

I always have trouble running 0.62 or 0.83 on Windows 8.1 x64 bit can you confirm it run without any issue cause if not I would be able to start my own development which is wasted, and downgrading windows can be quite troublesome.

Refer to the Windows 10 topic in the main MapleStory section. v0.62 runs 100% on Windows 8 if you run the .exe as Compatability Windows 98/me, done like this*:

0u2ADs - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

*The screenshot is from Windows 10 but it works same way.

Before I've upgraded to Windows 10 preview I had Windows 8.1, which ran it also without issues. I can't confirm v83 but I am pretty sure its worse, and you need open the client multiple times in order for it to work.

Screenshot of game running on Windows 10:
bk9PcUu - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Refer to the Windows 10 topic in the main MapleStory section. v0.62 runs 100% on Windows 8 if you run the .exe as Compatability Windows 98/me, done like this*:

0u2ADs - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

*The screenshot is from Windows 10 but it works same way.

Before I've upgraded to Windows 10 preview I had Windows 8.1, which ran it also without issues. I can't confirm v83 but I am pretty sure its worse, and you need open the client multiple times in order for it to work.

Screenshot of game running on Windows 10:
bk9PcUu - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums
Thanks, cant really be helped..

Attachments

Reaction score

Correct. What makes it extra difficult is that v0.62 is much less documented than v0.83, meaning we need find a lot more stuff to make them work on our server. The server above us is going to upgrade to v0.83 due to this reason, but we will stay v0.62 for good. I have no interest in v0.83 and to me v0.83 changed a lot of core gameplay that slowly removed the magic of old MapleStory. Also, its less compatibile with the newer OS, and stability is very important to us.

If you are interested/curious about our update logs from beta > present, you can read them here for beta and here for release. We did not log the Closed Beta updates, which is all code from August > December, but it was mostly code cleanup and feature removals from base source, but also some other fixes Smokescreen for example, Minigames, GMS-like Balrog ships.

Thank you for good lucks and interest :)

Ah I didn't know Royals was upgrading! Good luck on the server, as a spectator who's owned a few servers, you guys seem to be doing it the right way and I wish you guys the best of luck!

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks once again!

I've decided to upload a GM hosted event on a GM's view. This was hosted at midnight, so there were "only" about 110 online.

Compare it with an event hosted on GMS:

So, yeah. The way our events work is pretty much identical to GMS.

Staff member
Reaction score

2 week up time straight, still going strong. With this I pretty much want mention that our server just never crash or lag anymore, unless we do updates.

YW0sJNc - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Looking for a stable Nostalgic MapleStory server with a fantastic community? Here's your chance.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thanks once again!

I've decided to upload a GM hosted event on a GM's view. This was hosted at midnight, so there were "only" about 110 online.

Compare it with an event hosted on GMS:

So, yeah. The way our events work is pretty much identical to GMS.

that vid would be nice to watch if it wasn't private.

Staff member
Reaction score

Bump.

Server still going strong! Also, new uptime record (uptime is how long it stays up without a restart or crash):

ozos7w7 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Also, we've released some new .wz's in preparation of Temple of Time and Magatia, as well as some graphical fixes that Nexon screwed up.

Attachments

Staff member
Reaction score

Bump.

Due to our recent adding of the Islander ranking there are lots of Islanders around MapleLegends.

Random screenshot:

820e204cda4ae705211274e3fbc63bc4 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Besides that we are still doing good :)

Attachments

Staff member
Reaction score

Leap Patch notes
Leap new setup files
Halloween Event

?? in guilds and GPQ were never fully working in a v0.62 server before.

Fully working PQ's (100% GMS-like) are now following:

Henesys Party Quest, Kerning Party Quest, Ludibrium Party Quest, Ludibrium Maze Party Quest, Orbis Party Quest, Pirate Party Quest (Herb Party Quest) Guild Quest, Zakum Prequests

Last edited:
Reaction score

Leap Patch notes
Leap new setup files
Halloween Event

?? in guilds and GPQ were never fully working in a v0.62 server before.

Fully working PQ's (100% GMS-like) are now following:

Henesys Party Quest, Kerning Party Quest, Ludibrium Party Quest, Ludibrium Maze Party Quest, Orbis Party Quest, Pirate Party Quest (Herb Party Quest) Guild Quest, Zakum Prequests

CPQ done?

Staff member
Reaction score

CPQ done?

No, and won't be soon. Next on our list is 100% GMS-like HTPQ and Horntail battle. After that, most likely Marriage and APQ.

Today we had another maintenance for patches and updates after our big Leap update. Most of those were never bugs before but appeared after the Leap update. They are now once again fixed.

Changes and Updates:
Achilles bug fix
Pet AP Reset bug fix
Incorect EXP loss on death bug fix
Incorrect removal of Safety Charm when dying in Sorcerer's Room bug fix
Guild PQ bug fixes
Pirate PQ bug fixes
Autoban tweaks
Balrog Ship ocassionally not appearing bug fix
Mystic door bug fixes
Channel Population bar at World select (login) fixed
Zakum Boss Battle implementation (GMS)
Piece of Time drop lootable
Quest progress correctly updated following relogs and/or restarts
Actor Training and Movie Star quests startable for level 40+

C

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Looks clean. Will check this out. Hopefully no trojan in the download.

Staff member
Reaction score

Looks clean. Will check this out. Hopefully no trojan in the download.

Nope. Our client is one of the only ones that are actually clean, unlike other clients where at least 20 or so anti-viruses pick it up.

Virus scan: Click for scan results

Staff member
Reaction score

MapleLegends just had another big patch.

sRTB2Wq - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Guilds/Alliances
  • Alliance leaders now have the ability to invite additional guilds up to their alliance capacity
  • Alliance leaders now have the ability to properly expel other guilds from their alliance
  • Alliance leaders now have the ability to transfer their alliance leadership to another guild leader
  • Guild Leaders now have the ability to properly increase or decrease the alliance rank of the members of their guild (Alliance leader has the ability to manage the alliance rank of all guilds members in the alliance).
  • Guild Leaders now have the ability to properly leave the alliance
  • Alliances now have a capacity of 255 guilds
  • Guild Leaders now have the ability to transfer their guild leadership to one of their junior masters by speaking with Heracle in the Guild HQ. This option will only be available for 5,000 Donor Points.
  • When creating a guild, the six players in your party will be asked to accept the guild contract before a guild can be created, just like how it worked in GMS
Horntail
  • Horntail PQ has been fixed to match GMS mechanisms. This will also allow Bishops and Paladins to receive their 4th Job quest items
  • If you have received a Certificate of the Dragon Squad, you will be able to speak with the Encrypted Slate of the Squad and move your entire party to the entrance to Horntail's Cave
  • Horntail Boss Battle has been fixed to match GMS mechanisms
Other New Features
  • Listen to some new tunes by checking out the new music available in Music
  • Temple of Time as a whole as received a spawn buff
  • Truckers in Singapore have received a spawn buff
  • Gachapon rates have been increased to improve the scroll obtainable rate
  • Collecting Meteorite Samples is a new available quest
  • Permanent versions of the NX clothing in the regular cash shop can now be purchased using donor points
  • Mesos no longer drop 100% from mobs
  • End of Halloween event content
Bug Fixes
  • Mystic Door animation bugs have been fixed
  • Multiple Skill/Attacking animation bugs have been fixed (DK Crusher; Knuckleless Pirates)
  • Autoban has been improved to reduce the number of false bans
  • Papulatus now requires a Ludibrium Medal to enter rather than a Piece of Cracked Dimension
  • Steal now works properly on PQ mobs
  • Zakum door will no longer falsely prevent entry due to incorrectly believing that pre-quests were incomplete
  • Skill expiration bugs have been resolved
  • Winston's quest to Eliminate Monsters can now be completed without a workaround needed.
  • Missing items in Kerning City Gachapon have been fixed
  • Fire Demon skill quest map will no longer allow the use of return scrolls
  • Reactors in the Eleska's Test quest map will properly be reset
  • Angry and Enraged Lord Pirate will be able to be spawned in Pirate PQ using the keys
  • Using a skill that reduces HP at the same time that you are damaged by a monster should no longer result in a death
  • Transforming into a dragon while on Battleship will no longer show an incorrect animation
  • Hired Merchant placement issues have fixed
  • Assassinate and Snipe damage should be 100% matching the damage displayed
  • Being cursed during an EXP event will properly show the correct distribution of EXP int the bottom right of the screen
  • Zakum spawn animations should be fixed
  • Various typo and aesthetic fixes and improvements

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back