Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 1x Drop / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE

A small patch has been released today to fix some issues.

• You should now be able to buy Transparent Hat, Shoes and Shield again for regular Cash.
  • Fixed an issue where after leaving a guild you re-join it by Changing Channel.
  • Re-fixed an issue with the Sparta item.
  • Mastery Book effect when learning a skill or upgrading one should now work 3rd person, so you can celebrate together.

Staff member
Reaction score

MapleLegends will attempt to improve even further with the use of Community Polls. Similar as Old School RuneScape MapleLegends will try to make slow changes (.wz changes, possible server changes) based on community feedback.

This way MapleLegends stay the Old School server everyone wants, but also receive the things that were better from the later versions, or even lower versions, like the old in-game logo.

There's two community polls up right now.

One regarding the Logo of the game which can be found here

And one about new Character skins found here

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanksgiving has started. For more information, you can go here or click the spoiler below:

i2wOt2u - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

1. Turkey Rebellion!
2015.11.27 - 2015.12.07

This Thanksgiving, the turkeys are fighting back. Find these crazy Turkey Commandos around the Maple world defeat them to pickup valuable Thanksgiving items.

G6lm6TG - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

2. Cody's Turkey Eggs
2015.11.27 - 2015.12.07

Additionally, Turkeys will also be dropping Green and Yellow Turkey Eggs, which can be exchanged with Cody for some cool prizes. For every Yellow Turkey Egg you exchange, you will receive a one-of-a-kind Owl of Minerva (found in your Use inventory). You can only hold one at any time, so make sure to use them up. Green Turkey Eggs are much rarer, and you may receive a unique reward if you happen to find one.

DbpoWIG - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

3. Black Friday Madness!
2015.11.27 - 2015.12.07

To celebrate the great sales that come with Thanksgiving weekend, Fredrick will be selling Owl of Minervas for a limited time only. Make sure to stock up and take advantage of a door-buster deal.

7hnlqu5 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Thanksgiving Bonus!
2015.11.27 - 2015.12.07

During this event period, there will be a 10% bonus on EXP, Drop, and Meso rates.

Thanks for playing MapleLegends, and we hope you enjoy the events!

-MapleLegends Staff-

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

After a few months of playing the game, it a got a bit repetitive and lost interest because of the lack of activity from the current game masters. I do not know why Jaikor and Betwixt was demoted, but it has definitely changed the games atmosphere. It just ain't the same.

Mad

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

After a few months of playing the game, it a got a bit repetitive and lost interest because of the lack of activity from the current game masters. I do not know why Jaikor and Betwixt was demoted, but it has definitely changed the games atmosphere. It just ain't the same.

Jaikor was demoted because he leaked some ingame content (screen shots of ToT), HE GOT DEMOTED, BECAUSE HE LEAKED SCREEN SHOTS (they got deleted by staff) he took a picture of a ToT Platform and a boss.. and he got kicked off the squad which was stupid as duck in my opinion. Multiple game masters has informed us ingame about ToT beforehand, kimberly even said it herself with Vosh. They confirmed that TOT was coming and said its features, how is it any different from screen shots, got no fucken idea. A staff member in game stated that Jaikor actually resigned rather than getting demoted, but still. The day before he left the staff team he was adamantly representing the server and casually talked with multiple players. Then he got demoted out of no where. Literally. Veteran players like myself and a few hours who have played since beta have supported Jaikor because he has helped the server on an incredible level, to simply shrug him off because of some mishaps within your team is unprofessional. Mistakes are made to be learned. I even donated to support the server because he made it seem like it would last forever. His trollish behaviour with a tint of professionalism whenever it comes down to it, is exactly what we, players are looking for in a staff member. Someone who can relate to players on a personal level. Hell, Neko even told me Jaikor helped him form an application for a position.

edit: You can see the details of him leaving here Notice - New MapleLegends Staff v.3 | MapleLegends Forums

anyways, I found him playing another server and talked with him on that server and he explained thoroughly what happened, his mistakes, etc and still, even when he mentioned the mistakes he has made, I can't believe how unprofessional the administrators of this server handled this situation. I think they just had a knack to kick him off the team ASAp

anyways duck all, what I have came in conclusion is that the admins do have favorites, I don't think kimberly ever supported Jaikor becoming gm, only navi. That is why when Navi was on a hiatus for a vacation trip or something, Kimberly took this opportunity to find a mistake jaikor has made, derail his butt and send him a trip to the netherworld. Ofc it wasn't public, but anyone who was actively talking with the staff would know this.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

Betwixt was demoted

Betwixt has left for personal reasons (busy IRL schedule) but is most likely coming back very soon in staff.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Betwixt has left for personal reasons (busy IRL schedule) but is most likely coming back very soon in staff.

kim... Is this really true what was said about Jaikor? You demoted him because he leaked pictures.. That all of us knew that were coming? Every single server has ToT enabled, what makes maplelegends ToT so special? I'm also astonished, I didn't really know the back story behind jailors leaving because I never really paid any mind to it, but now that everything is explained I'm a bit confused, disappointed and even appalled. If someone could bring jaikor here to the forums to shed some light on what exactly went down, I think we will really want to know what happened behind the scenes, especially towards a veteran player of the game.. I didn't even know who jaikor was until I stumbled upon his training guides and technical issues guide,asked some of my guildies who he was and did a little research. Heck I even came across this thread because its how I joined maple legends to begun with, low and behold...

Staff member
Reaction score

We are now #3 on GTOP!

Christmas Events and other goodies coming as well!

Staff member
Reaction score

Something small but you now can speedrun Fitness events when hosted. I will keep a hall of fame who is the fastest person. The time is recorded by the server. The top 3 in general gains a small Game Cash prize (NX), but now the best times will be recorded in one thread :)

Thread by clicking here

Staff member
Reaction score

Random community pictures of the Snowman Event (Christmas Event)

eByus8P - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

zdxq41V - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

78bRnfU - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

fUDIZgL - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

k0XRBf5 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Horntail has been fixed finally too that had DC issues due to a stupid packet totally irrelevant to HT. Thank you Nexon for the amazing error handling.

Christmas Event post, Patch Notes, Feature List, Download Page, Register Now

You're missing out on a lot if you don't join now for Christmas!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

MapleLegends has updated at December 29, 2015 to revision 86.

Changes and Updates:
  • On popular demand
    • Updated Santa to include more event details.
    • Increase expiration dates from event items to December 31, 2016. Existing items will be updated during the maintenance.
      Does not include Ice Chair and Rudolph's Red Nose.
  • Bug fixes
    • Meso Explosion will no longer falsely ban at the event map.
    • Blocked an exploit that made expiring items non-expiring.
    • You can no longer go to the Free Market Entrance from any Happyville map.
    • Changes to Horntail to fix error 38.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

MapleLegends is going back up and had a peak of 191 online yesterday!

Sorry for the many posts, but I am still offering people to join/try it out since you can win exclusive Christmas items and other goodies, which now stay in your processing for 1 year, instead of 3 months, but most importantly inviting you to join this amazing growing community.

I've also made a happy new year post yesterday. You may want read it by clicking here.

MapleLegends - Play Old School MapleStory ~ MapleLegends Staff.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

After 9 months of release, Horntail has been defeated for first time.

*Horntail is not moving much because experimental .wz files were used against disconnects. Horntail itself damage wise and everything was still 100% GMS-like

Staff member
Reaction score

MapleLegends has updated at January 11, 2016 to revision 87.

Changes and Updates:
Release of the Pink and Green skin in all skin shops, for all users

Bug fixes:
Fixed issues related to the Doom skill
Fixed issues related to the Nine Spirit quest

Staff member
Reaction score

MapleLegends has updated at January 19, 2016 to revision 88

Changes and Updates:
-Christmas Event end
-New version download

Patch notes (client sided):
A lot of ropes and typos fixed, once again
New Cash Shop items
Christmas Event deactivated client sided
Chief Qualm Guardian re-fixed

MapleLegends has updated at January 27, 2016 to revision 89

Changes and Updates:
-Minor bug fixes
-Increased the in-game memory from 8gb to 16gb

Reaction score

I never post in other servers threads, though I must say that MapleLegends is one of very few servers that are considered to be decent and professional. Hard work pays off, glad to see how big this server became over time, undoubtedly MapleLegends will be really strong, yet good and friendly competition and perhaps there will even be collaboration between the two servers once the one I'm part of launches, either way I find this server to be a top notch in old school private servers, one of the very best.
Keep up the good work, I wish you best of luck :)

Staff member
Reaction score

A prototype client update has been released. This is mostly to fight detections by anti viruses, but also improvements in general.

This is the virus scan results from our current client: Click
This is the virus scan results from our prototype client: Click
This is the virus scan results from our current client on Virustotal: Click
This is the virus scan results from our prototype client on Virustotal: Click

Other changes:
-/partyinvite now fully works like it should, which is inviting someone into your party
-/couple (toggle command to change to spouse chat) has been changed to /spouse
-A lot of typo fixes and other improvements in the display of messages and strings
-Less detected by anti viruses

Thread with all information: Click

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

/spouse seems kinda pointless. Like..an ingame toggle button was included upon the release of marriages, so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back