Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 1x Drop / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE

This seems pretty interesting, what base are you guys using for this server? Seems promising.

We have modified the source so much that you can't really base it from something anymore. However, we build it from OdinMS, or XiuzSource to be more specific.

Staff member
Reaction score

Shanghai has been released with all quests included, for old MapleSEA users

oPl8I1z - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

More maps coming soon!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score

We are working on many changes for the future. We will never give up since giving up will give a win to competitors :>

Furthermore, our source is capable of staying up for 32 days without a restart*:

d1f9c311498e62956fa7626eb4287e04 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

*User count was only shown in case people think I just left the development server on for 32 days.

Attachments

Staff member
Reaction score

Thailand and Malayia has been released. More coming soon™
---
Floating Market
Just like the name, Floating Market is a town located on top of the river. This is a town that simultaneously features palm trees and historical features of Thailand. To visit Floating Market, the World Tour NPC Spinel will serve as your travelling guide.

PKF4DHv - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

An exotic town with traditional Tuktuks and a floating market, you can almost taste the native flavor of the Land of Smiles in every corner. NPCs are located all over the town and even on the roof top! Other than the town, do visit the swamp and deep forests where you will able to see monsters like lizards and giant pythons lurking around the greens!

Malaysia
Travel along Muddy Banks to defeat evil slimes and take a break under the cooling coconut trees before continuing your adventure. Don’t forget to visit the Fantasy Theme Park and find out who's terrorising that area. To visit Trend Zone Metropolis and Kampung Village, drop down to Singapore, Boat Quay Town and enter via the portal.

CCLfts0 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Spooky World
Fantasy Theme Park features two bosses: Targa (a teddy bear boss) and Scarlion (a teddy lion boss). Both will be summoned in this map. Both of them drops hats that boost better stats than Zakum Helm. However, the fight against this two dolls will definitely not be child's play, as they are both mobile! In fact, Targa has a laser attack that can hit the whole map! Beware of Cancel Weapon and Magic, as well as stun attacks too!

g2EGbfc - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

---
Also even though we have a lower pop, in my opinion we are doing really well. The community is even better then back in day, so if you are looking for a server with a very tight community, we welcome you with open arms.

Attachments

Staff member
Reaction score

Never tried Maple Story yet, but this might be a fun server to try out.

Great to hear you are willing to try it out! A fair warning though that this server in particular is a challenging server compared to most servers, but also aimed to be most authentic like the old MapleStory (Global MapleStory and MapleSEA a like). So if you play it for the very first time you may have beginner difficulties. But I am pretty sure you can ask in-game for help, such as a bit of mesos to get you started.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

eb1tH6Y - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

Your client completely messed up my computer.

Attachments

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

Welcome to MapleStory Private Servers.

That's false positive, and you are probably using Windows Defender that mark it as a virus. Learn about it here to make an exception: Click

And if you still doubt, you can ask a mod like Eric , who may not tell you directly our files are clean (since he do not want be responsible), but will tell you its known MapleStory clients get flagged by anti viruses. An other choice is to check the biggest server, MapleRoyals (1000+ users) and you will see the same similar detections are on their client, and even mentioned on their download page.

Note: Some antivirus software may flag our client up as a virus, however this is a false-positive. We advise that you disable all antivirus programs while downloading and create an exception in the installation directory after installation.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score

Is that a common thing with maple story servers? Obviously turning antivirus programs off or creating exceptions is the perfect way for exploiters to gain entrance through your client. And advising that is naive and shows a lack of technical knowledge most of the time. Finding the origin of these detections and test different configurations would be the right way. If you're not aiming to exploit, that is. I must give a firm warning that sharing malicious files in any way is not a good idea on RaGEZONE.

Staff member
Reaction score

Is that a common thing with maple story servers? Obviously turning antivirus programs off or creating exceptions is the perfect way for exploiters to gain entrance through your client. And advising that is naive and shows a lack of technical knowledge most of the time. Finding the origin of these detections and test different configurations would be the right way. If you're not aiming to exploit, that is. I must give a firm warning that sharing malicious files in any way is not a good idea on RaGEZONE.

Feel free to download every single localhost Maple client shared here on ragezone and scan it on virutotal. Or once again ask Eric for clarification.

I would highly appreciate if my ad. isn't derailed though like this.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score

Windows defender is certainly being a witch some times. No intentions on derailing your ad. I'm just careful as we had previous cases where people released servers with malicious client files in this section. I'm not into the game so no idea if that's the normal thing. Sadly not having the time to investigate on this atm.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yes in fact, this is very common for user's who typically play MapleStory Private Servers; they are always advised to disable their Anti Virus or to make exceptions for the client otherwise it will be deleted. Only a few servers pack or taggant the client with something like Themida or VMP to avoid most of these issues. Localhosts shouldn't do this (my client doesn't), but the general public ones do typically because of the way the localhost was reversed. Most of the people in MS who are hosting servers aren't too fluent (if at all) in RE so when it comes to client editing to fix or edit anything, they don't really know what to do.

However, I can say that Legends' client is safe as I've downloaded and edited it myself in the past for Kimberly. You should still be cautious regardless when it comes to downloading MS clients though, I've seen my fair share of servers that will upload clients or launchers that are actually indeed a virus.

Staff member
Reaction score

I still am surprised how 'deep' of an investigation is need for this. The person clearly stated first he's new to MapleStory, and my ad is already up for more than a year, and my server is up for more than a year. If my client actually had a virus or trojan people would be much and much more alerted already about this. My server is up on GTOP at #5 and nobody reported of actually getting a virus.

I know you guys try to keep the user clean, but at same time I find the high amount of investigation due to a basic virus report of someone totally new to Maple scene extremely disrespectful.

Thanks Eric for clarifying though.

And once again for Future to help you even further, go here: Click here is your basic 'how to set up Maplestory' from 2008. Now go to Localhostv62. That's the client. And here you go:
ac8d2a1ebd79790a0867630394e5fab5 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

And
d1a3dcf522755db8332911bc9485c089 - [v62] MapleLegends | 2x Exp / 1x Meso / 3x Quest | VERY GMS-LIKE - RaGEZONE Forums

And
https://virustotal.com/en/file/6e0d...21df1a9ebfeb3dbfd3f606b244b51bf856a/analysis/

So if there's any more concerns, you will see same issue is on localhosts! And yeah, I try my best to pack it over the years to make it less detected, but anti viruses update and detect it again. Its almost like anti virus companies work with Nexon to track down Private Servers.

And for other I recommend getting Malwarebytes. Not only does this kill adware, it never ever detected a Maple client for me. 100% recommended anti malware program, and anti virus.

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'm gucci now, playing as Solitude

But the virus gave me a spook at first, because I have a lot of files atm that I didn't backed up.

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm gucci now, playing as Solitude

But the virus gave me a spook at first, because I have a lot of files atm that I didn't backed up.

I guess it was better if the wording was 'is this an actual virus' instead of right away saying my client messed up your files :p

Glad you're playing now though and if you come across questions let me know.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with an investigation when there's nothing to hide. Thanks Eric and Kimberly for clarifying that transparently. I developed a habit over time to ask people who claim to have found viruses somewhere, to show proof of their claims. That's normal here and there have been nasty cases of people infecting half of a section with a trojan previously so...
Also note that the report came from a long time and active forum member, so I took it seriously.

From the detections I'd say it's a patcher / packer of the executable that gets detected, I had the same happen to me previously when packing a C# app. However the amount of detections (also from well known antiviruses) is rather frightening. But I guess some people just can't dev games at all and when you're sitting there without the source code, there's not much you can do about it.

Your transparency does the thread rather good than bad over this thing if you ask me. If there are issues left feel free to pm me :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I guess it was better if the wording was 'is this an actual virus' instead of right away saying my client messed up your files :p

Glad you're playing now though and if you come across questions let me know.

Well it did, it keeps on reminding me that I have acquired a Trojan every minute and asking me to restart.

Staff member
Reaction score

We have once again two new areas to offer to bring nostalgia for other region users. Last time we bought Shanghai and Thailand from MapleSEA...

Next coming Saturday we will bring Ximending and Night Market at MapleLegends from Taiwan MapleStory. Completely translated into English by keeping the original Taiwanese storyline and their fun poking at celebrity names.

We will also be starting the Christmas Event. All the information about the maintenance can be found by clicking... here!

Staff member
Reaction score

Christmas Event 2016 has started. The Event will last for whole month.

Information about the Christmas Event itself: Click
Information about our Community Event: Click
Information about the Winter Fashion Show event: Click

Ximending and Night Market have been released as well.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

looking for chat room ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back