Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Destiny - MapleStory emulation software

Reaction score
Fraysa - [Development] Destiny - MapleStory emulation software - RaGEZONE Forums

Background
I've been a part of the MapleStory development scene for almost 10 years now, and I've developed several server emulators in the past. However, I have yet to take on a massive project such as this and expose it to the community. As I'm making several changes in my life, I'd like to make changes in my software development habbits and this is the proof.

Goals
  • A fully interactive, functional and easy-to-use MapleStory v0.83 emulator
  • Guild Banks
  • Player Houses (instanced maps)
  • GM Ticket Support System
  • Custom Potions (teleport to boss maps, etcetera)
  • Achievements

Links

Media
Fraysa - [Development] Destiny - MapleStory emulation software - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice project, was expecting another version than v83 though. I'll definitely follow this project!

Reaction score
Good luck.

You should try playing with the Entity Framework for your DB stuff since I imagine it will be used with most stacks that use C#:

Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with the Entity Framework however it gets messy when you try and implement it to something like MapleStory. I mean, querying for a whole object is cool, but once you start adding checks for inventory slots, etcetera, it gets kinda hacky. I'll stick with MySQL for now but I'll definitely try it in the future again!

Reaction score
Just dropping by to say thread has been cleaned along with the main post, so be sure to check that out. I will be posting only major updates in this thread from now on. If you want to follow the project - use the GitHub link.

Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
Good luck!
As you know I've worked on my own source for a while but I don't really have the time for it.
I only suggest you to devide your code into projects with different responsibilities and just implement interfaces.
1. Data layer - for interacting the db
2. Game data layer - for getting the game data (wz files data)
3. And so on

The more generic your code will be the easier is to modify it, for example if you'd like to switch from BIN loading to NX/WZ/XML/w.e than your code of the game will remain the same, you can just create a new project and implement your interfaces.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good luck!
As you know I've worked on my own source for a while but I don't really have the time for it.
I only suggest you to devide your code into projects with different responsibilities and just implement interfaces.
1. Data layer - for interacting the db
2. Game data layer - for getting the game data (wz files data)
3. And so on

The more generic your code will be the easier is to modify it, for example if you'd like to switch from BIN loading to NX/WZ/XML/w.e than your code of the game will remain the same, you can just create a new project and implement your interfaces.
Thanks for your reply, I will take that to account.

Just wanted to post a small update. I've restructured the whole project. I've added an automatic setup process (psst. it's taken from Loki) which will automatically create the configuration file based on the values you enter in the CLI.

Note that the setup will also execute both Destiny's database file and the MCDB file automatically so all you have to do now is to run Destiny and it will configure itself.

Reaction score
I've added an implementation of Jint, which is a JavaScript interpeter for .NET. My goal is to create new & simple scripts, unlike OdinMS, but for now I'll be factoring Destiny' scripting interface to work with OdinMS scripts to avoid having too much unimplemented features. The scripting interface currently works with portals and npcs.

I've also worked on multiplayer a bit - players can now see each other (refer to the Media section to see it in action), talk, drop meso/items, emote, view info, etcetera.

In addition, I've implemented the setup process so all you have to do is download Visual Studio and run Destiny. The emulator will execute the MCDB file for you and configure the rest of the server. It's as easy as that.

There's a lot more work to do, but we're slowly getting there!

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Just wanted to post to let you know nothing is dead - the source is regularly updated through GitHub. I haven't been super active lately because of some real life stuff, but I still manage to put time into it. Expect big updates soon!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Just wanted to post to let you know nothing is dead - the source is regularly updated through GitHub. I haven't been super active lately because of some real life stuff, but I still manage to put time into it. Expect big updates soon!
Pqs added?

Reaction score
Wish you luck on this. Nice to see that after all these years, you haven't lost your interest in maple yet.

Also, dope idea with the custom potions, I remember implementing that in my pack .

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've been quite busy with the outside world so there hasn't been much activity lately.

I'm returning to work on Destiny and revamping it once again. The project will be built using .NET Core, which is a new platform for fast and modular applications that run universally on Windows, Linux and Mac.

Additionally, due to the complexity behind multiple server architecture and the lack of actual usage in terms of MapleStory private servers, I'll be reverting the new changes and return to AIO server format.

I'm also looking for more people to collaborate and contribute - so if you think you're up for the task PM me here or on Discord: Fraysa#2832.

Have a nice day!

Back