Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

LeaderMS Final | GMS-Like

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this feature is dumb and it was rather an example. I don't use it in Legends so I have no clue how it works

Check if other players stay in a specific range from you when you moving, then send spawn/remove player or recv chat packets? Actually i think this feature is pretty good when we don't have good computer in the past :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't think its client sided but in fact an actual packet

Here's an good ol' video with it intact too, which for sure is pre v0.62. In case it isn't clear in the video; as soon the person teleport to the top the players disappear on the bottom (and the chat suddenly stops spamming) until they fall down again.

Anyway this feature is dumb and it was rather an example. I don't use it in Legends so I have no clue how it works

It's not an actual feature, it's just how the map's are coded. This would also occur in my source because I use nexons splits for maps. Each map is split into different splits, and when a user enters a new split, they leave the old and thus no longer receive packets from that split till they re-enter it. From the distance of the floor to top of FM seems like big enough for a split to occur, so at the top that split != the bottom one, so bottom packets are no longer sent until they jump down (where top split also wont affect the user now)

Reaction score
* Login GMS-like (EULA / PIN/ Gender / ServerStatus)
* Delete Char (Check marrige / guild) - Correct packet message
* Petrevive 100% works
* Petfood 100% works
* PetItemTag / PetItemIgnore 100% works
* Spouse Chat 100% works
* Pet exploit fix
* CashShop all exploits fix
* Equipment Exploit fix (new method)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good news.

Im still waiting for this project, dedicated to all languaje like leaderms? Spanish/English/Portuguesse?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm happy to see this being continued, v62 is the perfect version in terms of experiencing a retro MapleStory and last I tried this out it was a bit rough around the edges. If I want to experience the latest version of LeaderMS is there any revisions of this Final LeaderMS or would I have to download Rev2?

Also what are you currently looking for in terms of help finishing this project, do you just need someone with Java language or are you looking for testers too?

Reaction score
I'm happy to see this being continued, v62 is the perfect version in terms of experiencing a retro MapleStory and last I tried this out it was a bit rough around the edges. If I want to experience the latest version of LeaderMS is there any revisions of this Final LeaderMS or would I have to download Rev2?

Also what are you currently looking for in terms of help finishing this project, do you just need someone with Java language or are you looking for testers too?

The construction of this new project and because in the last versions of published LeaderMS there were several corrections, but along with them you took a lot of garbage. That's because I always looked for the fix on newer fonts, and consequently some checks were left behind in the font. Now in this new source I am making a new model for v.62 versions and I hope that people follow this model in possible repacks. I've tried the maximum to eliminate the garbage and unnecessary things, I'm trying hard to make everything work the next GMS-like. Soon I will create a website and beta test server so we can test all this. But why test? As much has changed, some things have crashed, with some renaming some npc's, so I want to be aware that this will all work correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The construction of this new project and because in the last versions of published LeaderMS there were several corrections, but along with them you took a lot of garbage. That's because I always looked for the fix on newer fonts, and consequently some checks were left behind in the font. Now in this new source I am making a new model for v.62 versions and I hope that people follow this model in possible repacks. I've tried the maximum to eliminate the garbage and unnecessary things, I'm trying hard to make everything work the next GMS-like. Soon I will create a website and beta test server so we can test all this. But why test? As much has changed, some things have crashed, with some renaming some npc's, so I want to be aware that this will all work correctly.

I admire your dedication to this and thank you for continuing through with it. I hope you'll also consider releasing the source once its all done.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One last thing I'd like to ask if you would be able to make possible. Would you be able to create a toggle option for events to appear at appropriate times of the year like Happyville (Christmas), Haunted House (Halloween) or Maple Anniversary. It could trigger based on the clock on the server it's coming from or have some on/off (1=true,0=false) switch in SQL or host settings. Also would you also enable exclusive hidden streets to be accessible like the Kerning Internet Cafe? I don't know how anyone was able to access that in the first place but making it available would be a nice touch.

Reaction score
No offense, but I still fail to understand the purpose of this thread. The MapleStory development forum is supposed to be a place to post updates concerning a project you're working on for the community, but isn't this for your own server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No offense, but I still fail to understand the purpose of this thread. The MapleStory development forum is supposed to be a place to post updates concerning a project you're working on for the community, but isn't this for your own server?

This topic is discussing development of this server hes working on isn't it? Seems relavent to the forum section to me.

Hes doing exactly as you are describing. Where is the issue?

Reaction score
This topic is discussing development of this server hes working on isn't it? Seems relavent to the forum section to me.

Hes doing exactly as you are describing. Where is the issue?

Yes, this is a server he's working on that he's planning to run. Not to release publicly. Therefore the community does not benefit from it, and he might as well start a blog spot about it.

Those are just my thoughts though, and I also think this forum rules are strictly prohibiting posting development of your "own" server instead of something for the community. Eric can you confirm?

Reaction score

From the beginning of this project I announced that it would be public, I just did not divulge release dates. I commented above that it would open a beta so that some problems were detected and remedied. And yes, I'm following a server aside, outside of that release, I do not see any problems in that.

Reaction score
From the beginning of this project I announced that it would be public, I just did not divulge release dates. I commented above that it would open a beta so that some problems were detected and remedied. And yes, I'm following a server aside, outside of that release, I do not see any problems in that.

I think there isn't really a need for a thread on this forum and you can just make a blogspot page but whatever floats your boat. Good luck!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is a server he's working on that he's planning to run. Not to release publicly. Therefore the community does not benefit from it, and he might as well start a blog spot about it.

Those are just my thoughts though, and I also think this forum rules are strictly prohibiting posting development of your "own" server instead of something for the community. Eric can you confirm?

Well, the rules stated are more broad and only include that server advertisements here are restricted. Unless I'm missing something, there is no rule in the MapleStory section specifically that states limitations (currently) for development threads. However, since GabrielSin has previously released LeaderMS revisions, I don't see the harm in a development thread of yet another revision that he intends to release. It wouldn't hurt though to put this project on github to open-source it while you work on it, especially if it's intended for public release.

Back