Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ScorpiaSauce (v1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of BETA testing? Without those most bugs in sources would still be there.

Honestly I've never heard of beta testing a source. The developer, or developers in this case, code the features, and then they obviously beta test it themselves otherwise how will they know if what they wanted to create worked or not?

I'm pretty sure when somebody releases a source, the "beta testers" are the community itself, which explains why they usually say "Message me if you found a bug!". Plus, if a source actually wanted internal beta testers, they'd probably want somebody familiar with how everything works so they know what to do to test for glitches. A person with no knowledge whatsoever would just mindlessly play the game, say the source is bug-free, and then consider it beta testing.

Not trying to discourage anybody from trying to help, just saying my thoughts.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly I've never heard of beta testing a source. The developer, or developers in this case, code the features, and then they obviously beta test it themselves otherwise how will they know if what they wanted to create worked or not?

I'm pretty sure when somebody releases a source, the "beta testers" are the community itself, which explains why they usually say "Message me if you found a bug!". Plus, if a source actually wanted internal beta testers, they'd probably want somebody familiar with how everything works so they know what to do to test for glitches. A person with no knowledge whatsoever would just mindlessly play the game, say the source is bug-free, and then consider it beta testing.

Not trying to discourage anybody from trying to help, just saying my thoughts.

Of course I see your point of view, but on the other hand you can't say all of them mindlessly play the game as I had beta testers before I released my one. And we fixed most of the bugs that we found the others that I wasn't able to fix I removed the system.

Without those beta testers I would of started a server with 1000s of bugs. No one would want to play that.

Bug yes I get what you're saying that's completely understandable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, we basically download this and we can use it for our own private server? also, how hard is it fixing and doing all them things you said. and, What stuff can you code in maplestory, I mean. I'm REAL newbie to Coding, so like you make npc's, make 'em say different stuff and take you to places, change item stats. that's the nooby stuff which I'm going to learn soon, what's next?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Without those beta testers I would of started a server with 1000s of bugs. No one would want to play that.

Then you didn't really do a good job developing, if there really were a "thousand" of bugs you're not doing a really good job in the first place.

warp(california, "home");
Reaction score
Are you guys only working on v1.00? Or do you plan on updating to v1.02+ because it's worth it. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then you didn't really do a good job developing, if there really were a "thousand" of bugs you're not doing a really good job in the first place.

Of course not 1000s but there was around 11 or so that I didn't find until they told me about it.

Developing along with testing the source alone is pretty hard and boring work after a while. Beta testers just help out with finding bugs.

And do tell me how your post was related to the OP?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, this looks very good. Good luck on this :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Of course not 1000s but there was around 11 or so that I didn't find until they told me about it.

Developing along with testing the source alone is pretty hard and boring work after a while. Beta testers just help out with finding bugs.

And do tell me how your post was related to the OP?

Must every single post be related to the first post?
Or is OP the only thing you think of?

Anyway, on topic, did you managed to fully fix potential? :O.
If you did, could you send me your email through PM? I need help :(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course I see your point of view, but on the other hand you can't say all of them mindlessly play the game as I had beta testers before I released my one. And we fixed most of the bugs that we found the others that I wasn't able to fix I removed the system.

Bug yes I get what you're saying that's completely understandable.

1000s of bugs? Lol

Anyways, it's practically impossible to "beta test" a source, like blood said. Sure, it helps when they figure out whats bugged, but that isn't really "beta testing". The only person that can truly "test" a bug/fix/function/system is the person who made it, as he/she knows exactly what is supposed to happen.
System.out.println is your friend.

Let me add, mac, that you use moople. It may have bugs, but I wouldn't say "1000s of bugs"

Must every single post be related to the first post?
Or is OP the only thing you think of?

reprisal uses v83.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1000s of bugs? Lol

Anyways, it's practically impossible to "beta test" a source, like blood said. Sure, it helps when they figure out whats bugged, but that isn't really "beta testing". The only person that can truly "test" a bug/fix/function/system is the person who made it, as he/she knows exactly what is supposed to happen.
System.out.println is your friend.

Let me add, mac, that you use moople. It may have bugs, but I wouldn't say "1000s of bugs"

reprisal uses v83.

Oh dear, can you guys not understand I'm trying to emphasise how many bugs there are in ANY source.

Just saying beta testers help find bugs that dc you or something normal that they know is a bug.

I'm aware I use moople, and I know the bugs and I wasn't aware of them till beta players told me so.

And I think he was on about the OP lol he knows I don't have potential. Unless he's on about the one I added in which isn't the real thing.

But yes it's fixed thankyou :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Xerixe said:

PM'd :) I'll help you out.

MacRS said:
I'm aware I use moople, and I know the bugs and I wasn't aware of them till beta players told me so.

Don't worry, we're perfectly capable of looking for bugs; most bugs are fixed though, when we downloaded Moople our first goal was to fix as many bugs as possible.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear, can you guys not understand I'm trying to emphasise how many bugs there are in ANY source.

Just saying beta testers help find bugs that dc you or something normal that they know is a bug.

And I think he was on about the OP lol he knows I don't have potential. Unless he's on about the one I added in which isn't the real thing.

But yes it's fixed thankyou :D
You mean the potential system you ripped from my release? lol

And no, he was talking to you.

Reaction score
Reprisal uses v83? Wuttt?
I was going to ask about the itemOption and the what the values there represent.

The thing is itemOption doesn't even matter. When I coded it, I only used that file to find IDs of the items and nothing more. They show stats yes, but the client handles everything.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The thing is itemOption doesn't even matter. When I coded it, I only used that file to find IDs of the items and nothing more. They show stats yes, but the client handles everything.

Woops, I meant optionType. As in which potential goes where.
Since boss damage is only for weapons. And some are equip specific ( i think ).

Reaction score
Woops, I meant optionType. As in which potential goes where.
Since boss damage is only for weapons. And some are equip specific ( i think ).

Yeah, such as "Decent Haste" for shoes, "Decent Sharp Eyes" for gloves, "Decent Hyper Body" for pants, "Decent Holy Symbol" for hats, and the such.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, such as "Decent Haste" for shoes, "Decent Sharp Eyes" for gloves, "Decent Hyper Body" for pants, "Decent Holy Symbol" for hats, and the such.

Yea, and I wanted to know if there's a formula to check the itemid to make sure it matches the optionType.

But I got it already,

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's some great development you got going on there! How many developers do you guys have?

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just recalled that your tcp files looks like the one zygon made in valhalla. =D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't wait for this to be out, looks so nice and potentials means good news to come! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back