Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent [ArcEmu][Help] vmap extract/assembler

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not my first time running all of this, but the first time I've come across this error.

Took down my server completely and started from scratch, not realizing you were keeping things up to date way better than everyone else.

Running Windows XP 64bit, SQL Server 5.0, SQLyog Community
Using - WhyDB217 and ArcEmu838

After I extracted the maps folder, I moved it into my WoW server folder. The folder 'maps' 'vmaps' and the extractor/assembler are in the same directory. When I hit run extractor, the DOS window popped up and disappeared. Running it in DOS to see the error, it tells me

'Could not open CreatureModelData.dbc'

To try and fix this, I downloaded your DBC and maps folder for 2.4.3, and got the same error this morning. I'm continuing to try to figure this out, but can anyone shed some light on this issue?

EDIT: The CreatureModelData.dbc file is in the DBC folder. (I'm not a complete newbie ;) )

Thanks in advance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did notice that it worked with an older copy of vmapextract_v2...will this get me the same results? Or is the extractor universal?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did notice that it worked with an older copy of vmapextract_v2...will this get me the same results? Or is the extractor universal?

Hi buddys ...

I have the same problem, but I tried to fix compiling older versions and get the same result ... I have proven with the first versions of Arcemu, with version 2 of the "Vmapextract.exe" and the latest, I have also tried to compile changing versions of the folder "VC" Visual Studio 9 and the result is still the same .. .

Does anyone know how to fix? or does anyone have a version that actually works?

Thank you very much for the help.

--- Perdonad por mi inglés... para los españoles es dificil ---

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi , i'm your friendly neighborhood flamer here to tell you that you revived a 2 years old topic that was once created in the wrong section.

Thank you.

Also , this topic is about 2.4.3 , is that what you're using ?

Back