Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent [ASCENT][CUSTOM] GM Vendors

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
when i run the query, i get this message
Code:
[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

and any reason why there are duplicates of the vendors when i leave and come back?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Code:
UPDATE items SET itemextendedcost = '0' WHERE entry IN (SELECT itemguid FROM vendors WHERE vendorguid BETWEEN '50000' AND '50080';
This will get rid of all the required items... but remember it takes very long time to run, just like the buyprice query.

this one

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATE items SET itemextendedcost = '0' WHERE entry IN (SELECT itemguid FROM vendors WHERE vendorguid BETWEEN '50000' AND '50080');

Forgot bracket, try this one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I decided to give this a try, i wanted to get custom vendors in my server

I didnt load Terra i use ascent, but i use oddb2 for the database, and ascent 984? 900 something i forget atm

anyways i loaded it up into sqlyog and it took about 10 min for the buy prices, i had to restart computer, close ALL running programs and processes and just let it sit, it did get done, the first time i tried, it froze up so bad.

the 2nd file was quick

So i deleted cache, reloaded server, and i can spawn custom npc's now, testing them all right now

So again, you dont have to have terra database, and i am using 989 ascent, not newest, also using 2.1.3 client...looks to work great so far, no issues.

thanks

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i loaded the tier 6 vendor, my game froze up completely, i thought it crashed, i waited..and waited..eventually it came back to me, and is fine now, just the first loading of it, froze up

that is all

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
tier 6 froze for a few seconds because of the special tokens that you need to buy them were loading (ithink because the token icon didn't appear till after it stopped freezing)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes you are right, when i first clicked on tier 6 vendor, they didnt have thier little token icons, but its fine now.

As for the collections...wow...just...wow i spawned ALL of them in stormwind, neatly side by side, took awhile, i went through each one, and there is some SICK gear in there, especially the bt and hyjal epics

As for patterns, if you dont have the rep to buy the pattern it will say "item not found" i am a warrior and i wanted to get every blacksmithing pattern in the game, and i will have to edit my reps or import rep items so i can buy what i am missing.

its an awesome collection of vendors, thanks MUCH for this

i started compiling spawn codes for a lot of this stuff, but this is WAY easier lol

later

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a few qestions and suggestions :)

my suggestions are instead of those crystal things as the display id's maybe like a ratchet goblin or something

and my question is do you have to run logonserver and ascent exe? i mean if my server was to go public like largely would that mean that all the people have to w8 for me to run logonserver and ascent? or could i like get it to run off a website or something?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In 2.7 they've been changed from the "crystal things" or naarus to some blood elves.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you know what to do coz my trial of SGLyog and navicat have expired??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been running the 2.7 custom buy price for over 40 mins no go.. on a intel core 2 duo system ... definately not fast Ill let it go but I doubt its going to work, cpu at 100% for 40 mins = not good.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I cant speak for whether that query works in SQLyog, but as far as I know, the two uses different queries, or atleast the way they write their queries. So if it freezes in yog, try navicat is what I suggest.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
2.7 is bugged can't even run the sql files & after waiting for almost 10mins all my characters are in their undies. use 2.6 until this gets fixed

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Vendors, creature are not even in the same database as characters. If your characters end up with no clothing, then its probably your own installation errors.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So far I've been extremely happy with how these vendors work. Right now, after updating to rev8, I'm updating the buyprice (taking a while... ).

Two things have cropped up.

1) In 2.6, the trinket vendor (and only the trinket vendor) would attack any Horde characters (unprovoked). Weird!

2) Each time I update the database (from rev7 to rev8, for example), I need to respawn all of the custom vendors (for me, located on gm island). Is there any way to avoid this, like backing up a table or something?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For soemreason whenever I try to spawn ANY NPc i can only spawn spirithealers any suggestions?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@kirbysayshi: My test character is horde, and they dont attack me lol.
There isn't any query editing spawns except the last few which changes them from naaru to the new ids, you can try removing the last 3 lines in the custom.shop.2.8.sql file.

@Frantt: Err spirithealers? What db are u using.

Oh and by the way, if this thread reaches 20k views and 200+ replies like that old thread, I'll be very happy and jumping out of my pants. Just thought you guys might wanna know.

Back