Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent [Fix] Character Creation Problem

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Finally, a totally proven fix that works with DBs associated with TGMS Repack and Scripted's Repack.

Download the database here:

Simple guide:

1. Drop your world database (everything that's inside it. EVERYTHING).
2. Download and extract the files.
3. Execute the world_structure SQL scripts one by one in ascending order (1 to 9).
4. Start the server and try to create a new character.

Proven it works.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with character creation

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with character creation

A LOT of people experienced the character creation problem. It was due to the loading and execution errors inside the creation of the world database. That problem has been around since LONG beforer I came to this section.

By splitting up the world database creation script into 9 parts (instead of a single file around 184 MB), I have effectively eliminated that error. And it's been proven by the multiple people who have used this already (from the TGMS Repack thread and by testers on my site).

I guess you didn't understand what I meant by the character creation problem, so I hope that explains it better for you.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if that people use the sql folder will don't have any probelm

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
if that people use the sql folder will don't have any probelm

Wrong.

The only people who don't seem to get this problem are the people who create their database with SQLYog. If they create it with ANYTHING else (IE. Query Browser or Navicat), most of them will encounter this error.

The solution is in my first post.

And if you don't believe it actually happens, try reading every single page in my TGMS Repack thread and I can guarantee you that you'll see it at least once on each page.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you give me a character.sql file very out of date i'll show you with that sql folde rwill work very good. I can fix it but some people it dosen't interes that only to give and that poeple will never know what to do when you have a error

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
if you give me a character.sql file very out of date i'll show you with that sql folde rwill work very good. I can fix it but some people it dosen't interes that only to give and that poeple will never know what to do when you have a error

Honestly, I thought you were a little smarter than you're acting, dude....

You're not getting it, AT ALL.

The problem is not the SQL file itself. Those files are 100% fine. I'm not a dumbass. I actually know what I'm doing.

The problem is in the programs you use to load those SQL files. They can't handle 184 MB of data at a single time being loaded (with the exception of SQLYog, which actually CAN handle it).

This is a simple fix for those people not using SQLYog who have the character creation problems. All I did was split the database up into different parts so that the browsers could actually handle the scripts to reduce the errors. And so far, this has been proven to work for EVERYONE who has had the problem and used this fix.

So this is 100% WORKING.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wrong.

The only people who don't seem to get this problem are the people who create their database with SQLYog. If they create it with ANYTHING else (IE. Query Browser or Navicat), most of them will encounter this error.

The solution is in my first post.

And if you don't believe it actually happens, try reading every single page in my TGMS Repack thread and I can guarantee you that you'll see it at least once on each page.
Hi

I did my database with SQLyog and i get the error.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Then use the updated scripts. Either way they will fix your problem
(assuming you're using the compatible database which I think you are from your other thread).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
We are the pros?

True that...

And for the record, this should work with your database as well Ona, if you want to use this in your repack to reduce the kids from saying "OMG! Characters won't create! Help!!!" lol

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello

I was just wondering if this is the same database that comes in the ArcEmu SVN folder. I was also wondering if you could do this for every new rev of this DB and just post them here for when a new rev comes out.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is NCDB. I don't know what the SVN comes with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you, and all you flamers can STFU. he is helping others pay him respect.

www.Warforge.Online
Reaction score
Hello

I was just wondering if this is the same database that comes in the ArcEmu SVN folder. I was also wondering if you could do this for every new rev of this DB and just post them here for when a new rev comes out.

Arcemu doesnt come with a Db.:thumbup:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I really need this too, can you give me a link thats not broken? D:.

Back