Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos MaNGOS 3.3.5a ready to go [maps,vmaps, mmaps and MySQL DB's]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings,

This is my first release in a while, figured it was about time. This release has MaNGOS 3.3.5a with WhyDB fully compiled with maps, vmaps, mmaps and MySQL databases set up and ready to go. Release was compiled on Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional with sources direct from project repositories. I have thoroughly tested this release and it is stable. There are few errors but all in all its 99.9% error free. Release works with all addons and has all the standard GM commands available. All races and classes work and almost all quests are scripted and work properly and no errors with character abilities. All you have to do is copy the databases in the MySQL backup folder to your MySQL data folder then edit all config files to suit your server. Hope you enjoy this quality release and have fun playing WoW before it got nerfed.

Regards,
Radimus :rock:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry about my post I mistakenly said the release had WhyDB. It actually has UDB 0.12.2. I apologize for any confusion, (smacks self on forehead).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,

I noticed after uploading the file that the MySQL database backups were corrupted so I repacked them and made sure they were working properly. I also updated from SDB 0.12.2 to YTDB 0.13.5 r556 which is a much better and more stable database. All you need to do is UnRAR the file and copy the folders inside the MySQL DB folder to your MySQL data folder and things will work properly now.

Thanks,
Radimus

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not super familiar with how to do these pre-compiled databases, then open them in mysql.

Instructions were fairly clear, however with the new upload, could you put a step by step on them again? Would appreciate that. Was about to compile my own until I ran up on this, and it sounds great, but haven't had any luck getting it close to starting. On step 4, you mention copying your mySQL backup folder into your mySQL data folder. The mySQL backup folder i found inside your files, and guessing that goes into program files > mySQL > server > data ?

Thanks for the upload, and hope to hear back.

EDIT :
I just created a new connection, named it mangos and imported the files inside your re-uploaded updated folder. All were successful. Just wondering what steps need to be done now :). Noticed the server message said "check your mysql folder for the update readme, but am unable to find it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah i updated the DB and it's not even starting the server now.

something about the [World] DB being out of date.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all sorry for my absence, had a family member pass away and just got back. If you download the new MySQL DB.rar file and extract it to your MySQL data folder. Depending on if your using MySQL 5.5 or xampp the folders are usually located in the following locations.

MySQL 5.5:

1. Click on Computer
2. At the top left of the window click on the arrow beside organize and choose folder and search options
3. Click on view tab
4. Under hidden files and folders tick the dot on show hidden files, folders, or drives
5. Close out of that and click on Local Disk (C:)
6. Click on ProgramData
7. You should have a folder called MySQL, click on that
8. There may be another folder to click through, depends on what version of MySQL you are using
9. Look for the data folder, thats where you need to extract the MySQL DB.rar file
10. If you want repeat steps 3 - 4 and tick the dot on Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives so no extra folders will show up for people to screw up your computer by them being deleted.

Xampp:

1. Extract MySQL DB.rar file to C:\xampp\mysql\data, or substitute the C:\ for whatever location you installed xampp to on your computer

Hope this helps, if anyone is still having issues, let me know and I'll upload new versions of the DB's and MaNGOS software

Sorry for the delay in response. After you extract the MySQL DB.rar file you have to take the files inside the extracted folder and paste them into the MySQL data folder. I have placed a step by step guide on how to locate the MySQL data folder at the end of my post, hope this helps.

Also, you must go into the folder that was extracted and move the folders inside it to your MySQL data folder for it to work.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry eveyone, I checked my files again and apparently something got corrupted. I'll be re-compiling and upload the new compile in a few hours. I deleted the download links in my previous posts so no one will be able to download the corrupted files. Sorry for the inconvenience but it will be resolved, thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry eveyone, I checked my files again and apparently something got corrupted. I'll be re-compiling and upload the new compile in a few hours. I deleted the download links in my previous posts so no one will be able to download the corrupted files. Sorry for the inconvenience but it will be resolved, thanks.

Np at all, and sorry to hear about your loss. Really looking forward to this, as I've been pouring through different releases to find any that were 90% or better working. I'm extremely excited to hear this ones probably 95-98% working or better! I just slapped my wow server on /pause until you got back, no worries atall (gave some free time to bugfix my ffxi server :). Will grab the upload when you get a chance at getting it up. Welcome back, and thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I re-compiled MaNGOS and re-packed the DBs. Its the same as before just extract everything then copy the files in the MySQL DB folder to your MySQL data folder, edit mangos, realmd and scriptdev2 config files to your liking as well as the realmlist table under realmd in your SQL then your ready to go. Sorry for the delay on getting the new download link up, things have been realy hectic the past few weeks, enjoy. BTW, the file is in 7z format so you will need to download 7-zip file manager to extract everything.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry all, I've been gone to school and just got back. I'll try and get a new link up and running soon but with work it may be a bit. I'll post when I have it up again and then hopefully all will be well.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That link would be really nice, if you can still do it. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry all, I've been inactive for some time now but I'm back. I recently compiled a new version of MaNGOS for 3.3.5a and will be posting a download link soon. If anyone is still following this thread, expect it in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Radimus

I finally got it uploaded and here is the link

MaNGOS 3.3.5a

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heres the new repack for WoW 3.3.5a, hope you enjoy.

MaNGOS 3.3.5a

Back