Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] AutoPatcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
*Credits to :joeblow*

This is how i done the autopatcher and attached are some of the files i made. Im not saying this is the best way to do

it i just know this is how i did it and it works.

*Download and install the following programs
xampp -
batch zip toolkit -
shell toys -
Md5Tool -
my php md5 thingy -
my autopatcher -

*make a temporary directory to store a couple files youll jump in and out of this folder.

*navigate to the xampp\apache\bin\php.ini file, open it locate the max_execution_time = 60 change it to

max_execution_time = 200

*start the apache service from the xampp control panel

*copy the top client directory into the htdocs directory

*extract my launcher into your top directory overwriting watever files exist

*copy my php file into the directory

*open webbrowser and navigate to the php file, eg

*wait while it loads, will take up to 3 mins to hash all files... if your browser keeps returning that it times out

make the max_execution_time to a longer time like max_execution_time = 300 or 400 or something

*when its finished [CTRL]+[A] and copy, it will take a few seconds to copy that much to the clipboard, then open your

text editor and paste it, save this file in your temporary directory as VerComp.dat

*run the MD5 tool and select file, pick VerComp.dat, then click the MD5 button. copy and paste this Hash into a new

text file and save it as Ver without an extension

*open Update.cfg and put in whatever settings you need to change like your Ip for your ftp server and username etc

*next you need to use your ftp, make a user for the autopatcher to login on

*make a folder in the users root directory called run_dest in this folder place your Ver file

** there are now 2 options, you can upload a copy of the entire client or you can just upload files you have changed,

if your users may have a older client and you are unsure what files they need to update its probably best you upload an

entire client so there is no issues with failing updates, otherwise if your absolutely sure that your clients have the

same client as you at the moment then you can just skip uploading a whole client and just upload modified files, id

recommend uploading a entire client in case a user screws their client up and needs to verify and replace files, but if

you dont want to skip option 1 and go to option 2.

___Option 1___

*make a copy of your client into another folder ill refer to this client as client2

*at this point you should have installed all the applications you downloaded from the list above, if not do it now

*open batchzip toolkit, goto Options, Configuration, Set Default Compression Archive Type to GZIP, make sure a tick is

in the box for Keep original extention in archive filename, click save

*navigate to client2 folder in the left pane

*in the right window select all files [ctrl]+[a] right click and choose batch compress, this will compress all selected

files into a gzip format --- go into each subdirectory and do the same until all files in client2 are compressed

*also locate your VerComp.dat compress it as well and drop it into the client2 folder

*close batch zip toolkit

*browse to your client 2 folder in windows explorer

*select all files - not directories - then right click, shelltoys, batch rename

*a dialog will open containing all the items you had selected and a list of option on the right

*put a tick in Change extensions to: but leave the box blank, this will remove the .gz from the archive extension

*click rename and the box will close

*do this in every directory in client2

*now upload the _contents_ of the client2 folder into the run_dest folder on your ftp

*everything should be ready now

__Option 2__

* compress and rename the VerComp.dat as in option1 and upload it to the run_dest directory on the ftp

* do the same thing to any updates you made since you released your client

===========================================================

next time you update your client upload the updated files into the run_dest folder as if they were in your
client, eg use the same directory structure, scripts/table etc, and after compressing and renaming them to remove the

.gz

also run my php file on your client again and then upload the new VerComp.dat and Ver to the run_dest
directory and your users client will do the rest.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone on this website and everyone that makes guides on this website has bad English? :p Perhaps when I get this stuff down Ill make some proper guides that are understandable.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can't download this
my php md5 thingy -
my autopatcher -

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow this is stupid all that is not needed just use my auto updater Please read the read me it explains what you have to do
thank me o_O

█║▌║▌║TheMerc iful║▌║▌║█
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wow this is stupid all that is not needed just use my auto updater Please read the read me it explains what you have to do
thank me o_O

Wow! Micah! Thanks!
hunt120 - [Guide] AutoPatcher - RaGEZONE Forums

No Offence "hunt120"...:thumbup:

Back