Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE]Host multiple game server on different PC

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First I must explain that I did not find such tutorial in forum thats why I am posting this after I have figured it myself. I guess many people already doing this but I just can't find it xD. If I have exactly the same content which others already posted..Delete this and don't blame me, thank you ><.

Ok, My PC is sucks and it goes lag when I host Garner map only* Cry.

So lets say you have 4 PCs. You can host AccountServer,GroupServer,GateServer and 1 GameServer(optional) in the main PC ..another PCs u can host GameServers that connects to the main PC's GateServer. And so on with other PCs.

Here is an image illustrating the logic.
swordsman57140 - [GUIDE]Host multiple game server on different PC - RaGEZONE Forums

All game server is pointing to the same gate server which accepts game servers from all IP (0.0.0.0). I hope i made it clear xD.

The ascaron map already took 1gb of ram, so if we delegate the task to different computers, we are able to host more maps.
(For those who have computers with less RAM)

I do not recommend that you host your game servers at different country as it will definitely be laggy to your players. Of course, it is best for LAN

AccountServer
Just leave it as it was. No changes

GroupServer
Just leave it as it was. No changes

GateServer

[ToGameServer]
IP = 0.0.0.0 // change the ip to 0.0.0.0 to accept gameservers from different IPs
Port = 1971
EnablePing = 180

GameServer
name = GameServer02 //Put different Name

gate = 192.168.1.3, 1971 // GateServer Host

db_ip = 192.168.1.3 // Database Host

db_usr = // db username
db_pass = EZCpyYOZVofugqDFBZrLKw== // db password

*Note For those who his DB username is "" (empty)
Empty username for database will not work as the DB host will not authorize the connection request from another computer. You have to use either the account "sa" and put empty password for it... Or any other way you could.

credit to shaun

Back