Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Setting up Mssql and Server With the Client

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok, i have installed VMWare, went through a full installation of MSSQL 2000, restored the DB, setup accounts within MSSQL 2000, edited the .cfg files and got a working server. i have taken screenshots step by step. All files (excluding MSSQL 2000 which the link is included in the PDF file) are included in the DBBackup.exe file, they are the DB Backup file, Log/Data file, PDF How-TO and .cfg files for the 1.33 chinese server. it will place them in the correct directory of C:\DBBackup\ to make using the tutorial simpler. After you have ran the installer, goto C:\DBBackup\ and open the PDF file in there to start the walkthrough. I really hope this helps everyone in setting up MSSQL 2000 and hope it cuts down on people asking the same question over and over.

Credits - Jgreever

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can the creater of this forums add a live-chat. so i can ask you what to do in some places and thank you for being patient it is kind of hard to make your first sever :)

how do you get your in chinese my is say's things like this

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you need help please register at privatia.org and post in the Help and QUestions thread.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
nid help here..!! T__T

i get this after following all the steps..

Main database handler create failed, AccountServer hang!
Press any key to continue...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you put the right user in? lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, i have installed VMWare, went through a full installation of MSSQL 2000, restored the DB, setup accounts within MSSQL 2000, edited the .cfg files and got a working server. i have taken screenshots step by step. All files (excluding MSSQL 2000 which the link is included in the PDF file) are included in the DBBackup.exe file, they are the DB Backup file, Log/Data file, PDF How-TO and .cfg files for the 1.33 chinese server. it will place them in the correct directory of C:\DBBackup\ to make using the tutorial simpler. After you have ran the installer, goto C:\DBBackup\ and open the PDF file in there to start the walkthrough. I really hope this helps everyone in setting up MSSQL 2000 and hope it cuts down on people asking the same question over and over.

Please change the topic title to [Guide]Setting Up MSSQL and the Database

wow, way to steal my post from the other forum word for word that i did WAY before this idiot.... start giving credit where you found it and who posted it damn leechers....

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry jgreever

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you, people need to remember to give credit where credit is due, that's what makes it a community. i'm glad to see RageZone is finally getting interest in this project, at our site we have a HUGE archive of information avaliable there for people as well, we have been working on this for quite some time, in fact, it all started here before the thread became too messy :D check there for any missing info that you might be able to use here :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ya most are their not much deveoment going on just answers and questions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nid help here..!! T__T

i get this after following all the steps..

Main database handler create failed, AccountServer hang!
Press any key to continue...

Create OBDC...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi i did everythink right, but i can't start my AccountServer.exe. DO we have to config sometihnk in this .cfg files? Like changing IP? Anyway i can't enter in privatia site =.=

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Need some help with topcp i can register but other hamachi's members can't what i must do?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, i have this problem, i have Windows 7, i've installed
SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO EXPRESS SERVICE PACK 3
and
SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO EXPRESS SERVICE PACK 2

but when i try to attach the Databases i got an error:
Unable to open the physical file C:/Databases/accountserver_Data.MDF... Operating system error 5: "5 (access denied) Microsoft SQL Error: 5120

anyone know how to solve this?
Thanks

Back