Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Recreating Ran Online to New Custom Game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The quoted one was the first post. Here's the update...
The gui part isn't complete. The dragon icon is just sample, it must be the class icon and it's already working just need to put an elemental icon for its class.
The 200 is the Level next to HP, MP, Stamina and EXP, the lower banner is the School(Before) and now was called Kingdom.. And still under development, just making some design for it.
So in the Upper Left area or what we called in ran online (Basic Info View), I added 2 things, the Class and the Kingdom(School before). It's still dragable as before.
Again this is just an update. Need more work but I hope BETA Test will be held this ber months.

conquerorjay - [Development] Recreating Ran Online to New Custom Game - RaGEZONE Forums

First, sorry for having new account, I forgot my old account 6 years ago. ^_^
Sounds weird but yes that's what I'm doing right now. No hate please :) Development In Progress
To all the pros out there please, I need HELP mostly in World Editing, can't find tools and source ^_^ Or atleast help me copy some map from RAN 2 of Taiwan :D
conquerorjay - [Development] Recreating Ran Online to New Custom Game - RaGEZONE Forums

I can possibly edit:
50% - Of Game-play (don't have much time for coding, lot of works, plus the VC2003 compilier is time comsuming)
90% - Of Graphics (Not everything is necessary)
30% - Of Maps (Need help here :D,I can only edit lev files, using "Im Not MentaL" Lev editor, and also the textures of maps of course)
95% - Of Item functions
%% - Of Item Graphics (Will be customized to what I want)
%% - Skills (I edited all the skills with my own)

I can manipulate about 70% to 80% of the source code of ep7 ft. ep11 (see credits) that I have copied. And modifying it to make it mine, lol how sweet.
I'm also willing to share if this idea is a beautiful success ^_^

Credits to:
*Im Not MenTaL for Lev Editors.
*And to, I forgot who released the EP7 Source I'm using right now with some EP11 feat. BTW thanks and credits to that person too.
*And Doom Ran Client for their client files as my test client.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
maybe two of them, i think you should change to ep8 or higher
ep7 is good and stable but it's easy to hack too
Hacking is not a problem as long as you know how to work with the binaries, I tested the last update of ep7 the one with no fieldserver error, and I think the field server errors that cause the unexpected shutdown is more on tyranny, since tyranny source mostly involves fieldserver activity.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hacking is not a problem as long as you know how to work with the binaries, I tested the last update of ep7 the one with no fieldserver error, and I think the field server errors that cause the unexpected shutdown is more on tyranny, since tyranny source mostly involves fieldserver activity.

Yes, you're right about the tyranny because it's giving the field server a lot commands, but also the other map related features added. You can also get a field server crash from items when a player hovers their cursor to some item then the field server will crash also if the code was not coded correctly. I've experienced this kind of bug recently on my files. About the hacking, I suggest to put that aside and just focus on the development, because there's a lot of way to prevent that in the future. By the way, nice work!

Back