Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    6Posts

Re: [Development] Open Source Ran Online Episode 7

[Development] Open Source Ran Online Episode 7
    Quote Originally Posted by nakakutsi View Post
    So, is this an open development system? I tried to join the Discord server but it's private/closed???
    Me too bro, I even message them but seems busy. How are you progressing so far?
    [ HELP ] Newbie developer, please help me!

MemberRank
    Dec 2020 Join Date
    10Posts

Well, I'm just continuing on my own now. It would be nice to share ideas with people but I think this is all just for a show

MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    6Posts

Well, I'm just continuing on my own now. It would be nice to share ideas with people but I think this is all just for a show
    geger009 did a good job updating this source and it was well organized. I think the intent was real but working alone with this project is surely exhausting and takes so much time. Or maybe they're too busy to do this thing HAHAHA

Btw, how are you progressing now? I'm a newbie developer but if there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask here. Good luck in your development!

MemberRank
    Dec 2020 Join Date
    10Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Malatabon View Post
    geger009 did a good job updating this source and it was well organized. I think the intent was real but working alone with this project is surely exhausting and takes so much time. Or maybe they're too busy to do this thing HAHAHA

Btw, how are you progressing now? I'm a newbie developer but if there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask here. Good luck in your development!
    No doubt that this is definitely a great progress for Ran. That's why it would really be great to join a community that has a roadmap and goals for Ran. But if you have other people who takes advantage of little progress in exchange of financial greed then they should just start an entirely new game as their own business. And leave other developers who just want to bring their childhood memories back without the desire of profiteering off of players.

I was hoping to transfer to this version but the EP11 pinned on the release section has far better features without a proper client. It's just very unclear which of the projects in this solution works. I'm hoping to switch to this version should I fail on EP11.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    466Posts

No doubt that this is definitely a great progress for Ran. That's why it would really be great to join a community that has a roadmap and goals for Ran. But if you have other people who takes advantage of little progress in exchange of financial greed then they should just start an entirely new game as their own business. And leave other developers who just want to bring their childhood memories back without the desire of profiteering off of players.

I was hoping to transfer to this version but the EP11 pinned on the release section has far better features without a proper client. It's just very unclear which of the projects in this solution works. I'm hoping to switch to this version should I fail on EP11.
    If you want to transfer features from EP11 source that is shared here it would be easier done rather saying. Just check some codes in EP11 source your saying add to your EP7 VS 2019
    I hope you do knew me well.

MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    6Posts

I totally agree with you bro. I started learning this thing just because I miss the old RAN classic I used to play back then when I was in high school and I want to add some of my ideas to the game.

As Quiirex said, look for the specific function from ep11 source code and then add it to this ep7 source code but the problem there is of all the source code I've tried from whatever episode posted here, this ep7 source code of geger009 is the cleanest and the most readable code so far. Although there are some of the codes I can't understand because the comments were not in english but mostly, the important ones were understandable.

I don't know how to code though and I don't know c++ but I manage to fix some bugs from this source HAHAHA

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Advertisement