Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ran Open Source Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I 'm a Freelancer / Indie GameDev,
i was a programmer for hire on the other games,
And i'm planning to move to the Ran.

Is there anyone who can share the server source code for Ran,
Also tools and client if available.

I will be uploading the src code into the github so everyone could contribute to it,
but if some copyright issue(s) arise that will prevent me from doing so,
then i might need to read the whole src and create an emulator base from it.

although i dont really care how lousy it could be,
The cleaner the src, the better, ( i prolly end up creating emulator )

When i receive a src from someone,
i'll be uploading the base of emulator to a version control such as git within a week at least.

If you have a src code and willing to share it,
Kindly PM me the link with a detailed description of what you know about it.

Best Regards,

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why you don't release here so every people can use it and you get some credits why they need to PM you to have it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why you don't release here so every people can use it and you get some credits why they need to PM you to have it?
PM to keep the thread clean, not necessary though, you can just drop the link here,
im not that interested in the credits, and if you read again what i posted, i did said "so everyone could contribute to it",
And wht do you mean by release here? ragezone has its own version control?

@R o b , He's asking "US" for a source code. He's not sharing anything. Read back.
if creating an emulator is not a share, then i dont know else i can share.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I receive a few message from interested ppl, discuss about it, but looks like they forget about it already,
I'm still looking for few more reference and also start the checking of reference i have,

Server Emulator will be written using C++ and MySQL for database,
although changes might(will) happen during development.

When the Framework for server is made,
Link will be posted in this Thread.

someone please move this thread to development section,
thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi @benching .
Unlike other games that were release here on ragezone, ran online is different because the official source of this game is released publicly so, making emulator won't be necessary anymore. IsamaII linked you the fresh source code where you can start your development. Ran Source code is coded in VS2003 c++. Looking forward to your achievements in the future. :) *cheers*

Start with EP7 RAN Source Code ( released by Jolin88 )
Use the V822 Client of the RAN Online Philippines as the source is highly compatible with that certain version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi @benching .
Unlike other games that were release here on ragezone, ran online is different because the official source of this game is released publicly so, making emulator won't be necessary anymore. IsamaII linked you the fresh source code where you can start your development. Ran Source code is coded in VS2003 c++. Looking forward to your achievements in the future. :) *cheers*

Start with EP7 RAN Source Code ( released by Jolin88 )
Use the V822 Client of the RAN Online Philippines as the source is highly compatible with that certain version.

I think i came across a thread that talks about Copyright of Ran Online Server,
I'm trying to create an Emulator to allow the server owners to possibly ignore some terms covered by Copyright.

If confirmation that there's no such thing, Please inform me so i could stop this planned project,
meanwhile, ill confirm this myself as well.

thanks,

best regards.

Reaction score
I think i came across a thread that talks about Copyright of Ran Online Server,
I'm trying to create an Emulator to allow the server owners to possibly ignore some terms covered by Copyright.

If confirmation that there's no such thing, Please inform me so i could stop this planned project,
meanwhile, ill confirm this myself as well.

thanks,

best regards.
Yes i confirm to you that there is an on going operations where mincoms (c/o daziunda) are taking actions regarding their copyright claims. So you works might become very helpful when the time comes. It may also might become a fundamental stepping stone for the development to be able to advanced so much as emulating the game means using the official client itself.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Working on the Framework,
Link will be available Soon.

On the other hand, could someone explain to me the goal of each program ( Preferably, in the src code of jolin88 )
currents docs are useless, even when translated to english.

If you got questions regarding the RanEmulator,
You can join the discord channel i made:

I will respond as soon as i can.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there a more detailed version of the docs of the src?
i tried to translate some docs, whats written inside are pretty much useless.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
From what i see on src codes i received, client is in there as well,
and that doesn't fall on `creating emulator`, it will be `creating a duplicate of whole game (Ran Online) client and server`
it will be so much work and cant be done by me alone, a team would even take months doing it.
With that said, this project is not getting any further.

This is Cancelled.

Please Close Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back