Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    Deep AbyssLocation
    1,059Posts

Re: Cabal Online Re-Make?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

And are you willing to share this tool? Or will you keept it for yourself only?

MemberRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    115Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allocen View Post
    Looks like allocen wants to start Minerva again XD

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    inline floatLocation
    153Posts

This framework is a part of my own game engine called SkyImmerse Epsilon X. This game framework confidential & private, designed only for SkyImmerse.

Well, some examples where it used and what it can do:

Spoiler:

HTML5 + JavaScript Games (yeah, that is not Unity3D or Flash! it's uses pure WebGL technology, that is a part of Epsilon Engine):
    3D

2D

Pixel-like MMO game. Rogue-like, game like RotMG but space themed:

You must understand, i simple cant share source codes of engine itself, because parts of it used on my own games.
    Plus - game engine is a complex solution (server-side framework same complex as graphics "client" engine too). Due to design as "home-maded" propietary engine for self usage, them lack of documentation and will be hard to use for someone else. If anyways i'm make a full documentation for it, that will be same task as learn Unity3D or Unreal, CryEngine, XNA/Monogame or Xenko(Paradox3D). But in long range future, it will be published as dedicated 2D/3D MMO games engine.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    430Posts

lol, looks fancy, keep going!

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    Deep AbyssLocation
    1,059Posts

This just becomes a show-off thread with nothing to be released, you just wanna gain popularity nothing more, so by that i see this totally useless, even though remake looks good, again, there is nothing to be released in the future, so i suggest this to be deleted, period.

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    inline floatLocation
    153Posts

This just becomes a show-off thread with nothing to be released, you just wanna gain popularity nothing more, so by that i see this totally useless, even though remake looks good, again, there is nothing to be released in the future, so i suggest this to be deleted, period.
    I see the, the leeching in your mind. Everything what i do, can be found on streams. You may wath this & make it too after. Dont you are developer? ;)
    Thread not on Releases sub-forum, right? Well what is your problem?

"so i suggest this to be deleted" - same as unfinished Minerva Emulator?
    "This just becomes a show-off thread"- same as unfinished Minerva Emulator again?

"you just wanna gain popularity nothing more" - same as unfini...wait...oh shi...(joke) I just wanna make a game remake, nothing more. I dont need any "popularity". Thread created for looking how strong peoples wanna something like that. Nothing else currently.

All depends on community how it will be.

MemberRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    66Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDay View Post
    I see the, the leeching in your mind. Everything what i do, can be found on streams. You may wath this & make it too after. Dont you are developer? ;)

"This just becomes a show-off thread"- same as unfinished Minerva Emulator again?

"you just wanna gain popularity nothing more" - same as unfini...wait...oh shi...(joke) I just wanna make a game remake, nothing more. I dont need any "popularity". Thread created for looking how strong peoples wanna something like that. Nothing else currently.

Do not depend on the comments of some, if you depend on them you will not do anything.

MemberRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    155Posts

Looking better with each screenshot, keep at it and don't let others throw you down...
    PS: I like your jokes xD

True MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    233Posts

yes keep work it and sow us.. I do nop know.. but if I`m only one I`m happy for you and I truly appreciate your work.. keep it alive!!

True MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    Far Far AwayLocation
    350Posts

Well he got thumbs up from me as well. Since he is putting a lot of effort to create something unique. Keep it up and do not let shitty comments ruins everything. There will always be few people who will appreciate on what you do no matter if you will release it publicly or not

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    inline floatLocation
    153Posts

First Post Updated! Some walks, and skills ;)
    Spoiler:

I always ignore some shitty messages, but sometimes like a little "pay-back". Plus my credo - i always finish my projects. And dont abandon them on 50% completion stage or something like that.

Yeah, a few projects has been finished by me, but i am lost an interest to it, but those projects is playable and live. I just give it someone else... Just for example. One little game. Pixel based.
    Currently they known as Realms of the Mad God(RotMG).
    Before, i am created an Unnamed game prototype with free graphics, founded via google by Oryx (yeah, in RotMG, Mad God is Oryx as reminds about game graphic style original creator). But here the difference. My "Unnamed Game" - is rogue-like, singleplayer(with little multiplayer inside). I make a playable beta ver. And after - lost my interest to those awesome project due to real life. Well, i give it and showoff them to my friend, who laters improve my idea (re-write code and etc.), form up WildShadow Studios (but whyyy? why he sell it to Kabam publisher... now he agreed with me - it's be a biggest his mistake) and make a popular MMO - RotMG.

That is my credo - create new worlds. If i am lost an interest on that world, i never let them simple die, because always someone interested more than me, and enjoy alot of those world and wanna develop & improve them. Just make it works, and give it to those guy if you dont interested on creation those game anymore. Why not? I am always happy to see, how those projects live without me, grows up their communities and enjoy their unique world.

For example, if i am lose my interest to that project, i will do the same. I make a fully work game (4 classes, 20-30 sets for them, 20-40 types of monsters and 5-6 maps with ~3-4 quest dungeons and ~20 simple quests like "Glorius Warrior, please help our Village! Undeads attacking us and killing our peoples! Task: Kill 30 Sceleton Warrior"), and just give it fully documented with tools for anyone who may build their own worlds based on it. Just develop content & improve them. Because all "Core" systems are finished. That is how i do that. In my vision - it's a how it should be. Instead of store them on your HDD's, never give it to others, and after time, great idea became to trash, because Gameworld & Idea will die without working on it.
    Last edited by HappyDay; 20-12-16 at 03:48 PM.

True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    BucharestLocation
    212Posts

MemberRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    155Posts

Liking the progress... as for the rest wont comment because one would need to know all pieces of a puzzle to assemble and not just take a random stab at what is happening and why a project was discarded.

MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    73Posts

I like to make a game re-makes, and for me sadly to see what happens with Cabal... Long time ago, we are hope, always wait a some improvements, but original developers do nothing for us... (instead of making bad updates and other bullshit)... Yeah, Cabal lack of great lore or epic lore related quests or some interesting features, and all that times we are wait... Wait for become Cabal to more unique and not so much "generic" mmo... But without any luck...
    It's funny, because I've always thought CABAL was one of the least generic MMORPGs out there lore and aesthetic-wise. Most MMORPGs today employ pure fantasy themes, where CABAL, much like RFO, mixes together both fantasy and sci-fi.

I believe their biggest shortcoming from a pure story perspective (and not getting into gameplay and other technical stuff) is how much they squandered the lore they did create (plus all the shoddy English in the quests text) to focus purely on the battle system.

They could've done so much more with their pre- and post-apocalyptic setting. Core alchemy and the technology from the Honourable Age could've been developed a lot more extensively, the lore behind the different factions and races/species could've been way deeper, we could've had more maps based on the non-canon Nevareth world map (like the actual cities/polis instead of those depressingly small trainee camps) -- on that note, way bigger maps, anyone? --, they could've added a lot more sci-fi content post Pontus Ferrum instead of a cliché Hell map and more same-y content, they could've turned several BM2 into their own classes...

I remember suggestions for a dual/force gunner from as early as 2008 and I myself have suggested a scythe-wielding death knight-type, which would be in-theme for Midreth, as well as a martial artist class fist-fighting using force controllers (I got that idea when I first started playing and my wizard started punching a red garlie to death lol), in-theme with Huan, yet it took them almost a decade to add gladiators and now gunners, and we're talking about a time when CABAL 2 already exists. This kind of content should've been added years ago.

Anyway long story short CABAL has a lot of lore potential if properly explored and I think someone could make an immersing game out of it if willing to do the polishing work necessary. Unfortunately I don't think any obviously inspired game will fly by their lawyers.
    Last edited by Caelann; 21-12-16 at 06:32 AM.

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    6Posts

First Post Updated! Some walks, and skills ;)
    Spoiler:

I always ignore some shitty messages, but sometimes like a little "pay-back". Plus my credo - i always finish my projects. And dont abandon them on 50% completion stage or something like that.

Yeah, a few projects has been finished by me, but i am lost an interest to it, but those projects is playable and live. I just give it someone else... Just for example. One little game. Pixel based.
    Currently they known as Realms of the Mad God(RotMG).
    Before, i am created an Unnamed game prototype with free graphics, founded via google by Oryx (yeah, in RotMG, Mad God is Oryx as reminds about game graphic style original creator). But here the difference. My "Unnamed Game" - is rogue-like, singleplayer(with little multiplayer inside). I make a playable beta ver. And after - lost my interest to those awesome project due to real life. Well, i give it and showoff them to my friend, who laters improve my idea (re-write code and etc.), form up WildShadow Studios (but whyyy? why he sell it to Kabam publisher... now he agreed with me - it's be a biggest his mistake) and make a popular MMO - RotMG.

That is my credo - create new worlds. If i am lost an interest on that world, i never let them simple die, because always someone interested more than me, and enjoy alot of those world and wanna develop & improve them. Just make it works, and give it to those guy if you dont interested on creation those game anymore. Why not? I am always happy to see, how those projects live without me, grows up their communities and enjoy their unique world.

For example, if i am lose my interest to that project, i will do the same. I make a fully work game (4 classes, 20-30 sets for them, 20-40 types of monsters and 5-6 maps with ~3-4 quest dungeons and ~20 simple quests like "Glorius Warrior, please help our Village! Undeads attacking us and killing our peoples! Task: Kill 30 Sceleton Warrior"), and just give it fully documented with tools for anyone who may build their own worlds based on it. Just develop content & improve them. Because all "Core" systems are finished. That is how i do that. In my vision - it's a how it should be. Instead of store them on your HDD's, never give it to others, and after time, great idea became to trash, because Gameworld & Idea will die without working on it.
    Looks awesome, any news? This in my opinion would be a huge hit and I'm fairly confident you would have plenty of offered help to actually make a sizeable viable game. I also offer my services (Although my skillset is currently lacking).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement