Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal Online Re-Make?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This just becomes a show-off thread with nothing to be released, you just wanna gain popularity nothing more, so by that i see this totally useless, even though remake looks good, again, there is nothing to be released in the future, so i suggest this to be deleted, period.

I see the, the leeching in your mind. Everything what i do, can be found on streams. You may wath this & make it too after. Dont you are developer? ;)
Thread not on Releases sub-forum, right? Well what is your problem?

"so i suggest this to be deleted" - same as unfinished Minerva Emulator? :8:
"This just becomes a show-off thread"- same as unfinished Minerva Emulator again? :8:

"you just wanna gain popularity nothing more" - same as unfini...wait...oh shi...(joke) I just wanna make a game remake, nothing more. I dont need any "popularity". Thread created for looking how strong peoples wanna something like that. Nothing else currently.

All depends on community how it will be. :8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see the, the leeching in your mind. Everything what i do, can be found on streams. You may wath this & make it too after. Dont you are developer? ;)

"This just becomes a show-off thread"- same as unfinished Minerva Emulator again? :8:

"you just wanna gain popularity nothing more" - same as unfini...wait...oh shi...(joke) I just wanna make a game remake, nothing more. I dont need any "popularity". Thread created for looking how strong peoples wanna something like that. Nothing else currently.

Do not depend on the comments of some, if you depend on them you will not do anything.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Looking better with each screenshot, keep at it and don't let others throw you down...
PS: I like your jokes xD

Reactions: eci

eci

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yes keep work it and sow us.. I do nop know.. but if I`m only one I`m happy for you and I truly appreciate your work.. keep it alive!!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well he got thumbs up from me as well. Since he is putting a lot of effort to create something unique. Keep it up and do not let crappy comments ruins everything. There will always be few people who will appreciate on what you do no matter if you will release it publicly or not

Reactions: eci
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First Post Updated! Some walks, and skills ;)
I always ignore some crappy messages, but sometimes like a little "pay-back". Plus my credo - i always finish my projects. And dont abandon them on 50% completion stage or something like that.

Yeah, a few projects has been finished by me, but i am lost an interest to it, but those projects is playable and live. I just give it someone else... Just for example. One little game. Pixel based.
Currently they known as Realms of the Mad God(RotMG).
Before, i am created an Unnamed game prototype with free graphics, founded via google by Oryx (yeah, in RotMG, Mad God is Oryx as reminds about game graphic style original creator). But here the difference. My "Unnamed Game" - is rogue-like, singleplayer(with little multiplayer inside). I make a playable beta ver. And after - lost my interest to those awesome project due to real life. Well, i give it and showoff them to my friend, who laters improve my idea (re-write code and etc.), form up WildShadow Studios (but whyyy? why he sell it to Kabam publisher... now he agreed with me - it's be a biggest his mistake) and make a popular MMO - RotMG.

That is my credo - create new worlds. If i am lost an interest on that world, i never let them simple die, because always someone interested more than me, and enjoy alot of those world and wanna develop & improve them. Just make it works, and give it to those guy if you dont interested on creation those game anymore. Why not? I am always happy to see, how those projects live without me, grows up their communities and enjoy their unique world.

For example, if i am lose my interest to that project, i will do the same. I make a fully work game (4 classes, 20-30 sets for them, 20-40 types of monsters and 5-6 maps with ~3-4 quest dungeons and ~20 simple quests like "Glorius Warrior, please help our Village! Undeads attacking us and killing our peoples! Task: Kill 30 Sceleton Warrior"), and just give it fully documented with tools for anyone who may build their own worlds based on it. Just develop content & improve them. Because all "Core" systems are finished. That is how i do that. In my vision - it's a how it should be. Instead of store them on your HDD's, never give it to others, and after time, great idea became to trash, because Gameworld & Idea will die without working on it.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HappyDay - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Liking the progress... as for the rest wont comment because one would need to know all pieces of a puzzle to assemble and not just take a random stab at what is happening and why a project was discarded.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like to make a game re-makes, and for me sadly to see what happens with Cabal... Long time ago, we are hope, always wait a some improvements, but original developers do nothing for us... (instead of making bad updates and other shenanigans)... Yeah, Cabal lack of great lore or epic lore related quests or some interesting features, and all that times we are wait... Wait for become Cabal to more unique and not so much "generic" mmo... But without any luck...

It's funny, because I've always thought CABAL was one of the least generic MMORPGs out there lore and aesthetic-wise. Most MMORPGs today employ pure fantasy themes, where CABAL, much like RFO, mixes together both fantasy and sci-fi.

I believe their biggest shortcoming from a pure story perspective (and not getting into gameplay and other technical stuff) is how much they squandered the lore they did create (plus all the shoddy English in the quests text) to focus purely on the battle system.

They could've done so much more with their pre- and post-apocalyptic setting. Core alchemy and the technology from the Honourable Age could've been developed a lot more extensively, the lore behind the different factions and races/species could've been way deeper, we could've had more maps based on the non-canon Nevareth world map (like the actual cities/polis instead of those depressingly small trainee camps) -- on that note, way bigger maps, anyone? --, they could've added a lot more sci-fi content post Pontus Ferrum instead of a cliché Hell map and more same-y content, they could've turned several BM2 into their own classes...

I remember suggestions for a dual/force gunner from as early as 2008 and I myself have suggested a scythe-wielding death knight-type, which would be in-theme for Midreth, as well as a martial artist class fist-fighting using force controllers (I got that idea when I first started playing and my wizard started punching a red garlie to death lol), in-theme with Huan, yet it took them almost a decade to add gladiators and now gunners, and we're talking about a time when CABAL 2 already exists. This kind of content should've been added years ago.

Anyway long story short CABAL has a lot of lore potential if properly explored and I think someone could make an immersing game out of it if willing to do the polishing work necessary. Unfortunately I don't think any obviously inspired game will fly by their lawyers.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First Post Updated! Some walks, and skills ;)
I always ignore some crappy messages, but sometimes like a little "pay-back". Plus my credo - i always finish my projects. And dont abandon them on 50% completion stage or something like that.

Yeah, a few projects has been finished by me, but i am lost an interest to it, but those projects is playable and live. I just give it someone else... Just for example. One little game. Pixel based.
Currently they known as Realms of the Mad God(RotMG).
Before, i am created an Unnamed game prototype with free graphics, founded via google by Oryx (yeah, in RotMG, Mad God is Oryx as reminds about game graphic style original creator). But here the difference. My "Unnamed Game" - is rogue-like, singleplayer(with little multiplayer inside). I make a playable beta ver. And after - lost my interest to those awesome project due to real life. Well, i give it and showoff them to my friend, who laters improve my idea (re-write code and etc.), form up WildShadow Studios (but whyyy? why he sell it to Kabam publisher... now he agreed with me - it's be a biggest his mistake) and make a popular MMO - RotMG.

That is my credo - create new worlds. If i am lost an interest on that world, i never let them simple die, because always someone interested more than me, and enjoy alot of those world and wanna develop & improve them. Just make it works, and give it to those guy if you dont interested on creation those game anymore. Why not? I am always happy to see, how those projects live without me, grows up their communities and enjoy their unique world.

For example, if i am lose my interest to that project, i will do the same. I make a fully work game (4 classes, 20-30 sets for them, 20-40 types of monsters and 5-6 maps with ~3-4 quest dungeons and ~20 simple quests like "Glorius Warrior, please help our Village! Undeads attacking us and killing our peoples! Task: Kill 30 Sceleton Warrior"), and just give it fully documented with tools for anyone who may build their own worlds based on it. Just develop content & improve them. Because all "Core" systems are finished. That is how i do that. In my vision - it's a how it should be. Instead of store them on your HDD's, never give it to others, and after time, great idea became to trash, because Gameworld & Idea will die without working on it.

Looks awesome, any news? This in my opinion would be a huge hit and I'm fairly confident you would have plenty of offered help to actually make a sizeable viable game. I also offer my services (Although my skillset is currently lacking).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Work in progress. Well, i am do that time to time. But there is some progress and changes.

1. All Cabal files reversed and working like a charm. Finished Object Editor, Object Viewer for my "custom game".
Some from Object Viewer:
udJgAqy - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

hFoRc4i - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

yHUynX3 - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

Y0Tw4Q7 - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums
Now it's supports all Creatures, Items, and Player outfits(models). With animations.

2. Geodata implemented. On both Server and client side.
3. Skill Engine, QuestEngine, DungeonEngine and other core systems is done.
4. Minor engine systems is done.
5. Playable.

Yeah, this already playable, but currently "contentless". I.e. SkillEngine is working but skills(and animations for character and also visual effects) in progress. Same as dmg formulas and etc. for that.

Monsters is done, they are walking, attacking and etc. But i need handle them and their loot.
Same with Items. System is done, but items (exept few "test" items - 1 set and 1 sword, 1 bow, 1 wand) not done yet.

Well, i will publish them and open server soon as possible. :w00t: But there is no ETA yet. Cuz that is just for fun.
I am do that mainly for show-off a new way, next-gen "private servers" idea. That is literally not a private server of Cabal. Those game just using models from it,
and contains a few gameplay systems from it. Well, just imagine them as MuOnline + Cabal Online + SilkRoad + Lineage 2 Interlude(Some systems from it yea) in one flask...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Not sure how everyone else feels, but this is something worth noticing and specially that the last thread confirmed that it will be released for public.
@HappyDay your project is really interesting to follow and I would like you to update this thread as frequently as you can / want, as even tho, commenting is not super frequent, but the views are growing. If you would like, update your first post with your twitch and drop more visuals of your game too, such as videos and pictures. I really can't say enough about how interesting this looks for me personally :)

I would also like to ask personally to expand on technical side - how's the game process going, how you've exporter/imported models / movements / effects and such, what is your work plan? All bits and bulbs are interesting and more detailed it would be, the more attention it will get! ;)

Overall, best of luck!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@AzureSensei thanks for your interest to my little project. Well, let's go explain little more about technical side and gameplay.

I've done my own exporter for Blender for all models in Cabal online. With huge work on animations. On all exporters what i saw here (or on other forums) same problem - wrong animation parts and model skeleton behaviour partially ruined. But now, problem is fixed.

After this, i am going to "restore" model behaviour "ingame". I.e. swords on your hands, correct animations while you are walking or do other things.
sdeikOY - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

hU6pnd8 - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

ae8b0Ay - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

uGrGvgL - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

1fCW8FD - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

Server Software:
q8ukqa4 - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

The server software based on my own SFL (Server Framework Library) engine. Them contains 18k lines of code itself. Smart but powerful engine for create (not only private) servers on C#. Imagine them as XNA 4.0/Monogame framework but for Server Side.
Key notable features:
1) Self-restore MySQL Database serializer.
2) Protobuff-net based RPC over TCP Client-Server connection for Cluster based servers. (My own development).
3) Thread-Safe, Multi-threaded Server application. Custom C# Collections.
4) Game Engines, Discrete-simulation Tick Engine. Timers, and etc.
5) Powerful Math library. Matrix 3x3, Matrix 4x4, Vector, Vector2, Vector3, Collision Nodes, Geodata Colliders and etc. via KDTree framework.
6) My own powerful but smart Logger comparable to NLog, but provide less resource usage. With output like that:

Code:
[[28.03.2017 19:07:42]] [InitManager] Total initialization steps loaded: 4 
[[28.03.2017 19:07:42]] [InitManager] Worker: Loading configuration, time: 00:00.61 
[[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [Server Map] Count: 47
[[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Worker: Initialize Game Services, time: 00:01.16 
[[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Worker: Initialize game translations, time: 00:00.11 
[[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Worker: Handle network protocol packets, time: 00:00.07 
[[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Total sucess: 4, Total failure: 0
[[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [GameServer] Server ready to accept clients!

Well, let's time to talking about future gameplay & style things!
As you know, i am using Cabal online models, but what is next? Yet another Cabal? No no my dear friend. Yeah, i am using Cabal models, but enviroment (terrains, and etc.) is my own. Just imagine that:
I1WRIzP - Cabal Online Re-Make? - RaGEZONE Forums

A bit old screenshot, and without anti-aliasing, but... From Cabal Online models you may "craft" L2, Tera, Aion or PW like game.
Well what this means? All simple - Cabal Online viewport and camera position, controller, has been changed to be similar with PW/Aion/L2/Tera style.

How about gameplay? It will be another L2? Definitely nope! For example, ill describe the key feature - leveling.
On many games, this task is kinda boring. Killing over9000 monsters to the next level via roaming map. That is insane.
But MuOnline (thanks to all private servers of them) has a sweet idea & solution!

I.e. each player class will have continuous AoE skills, you just enable them and your character will cast super-pupper magic (little spoiler, knights will have a similar to Rage Fighter from this video AoE skill), and will killing monsters around this area. You may going todo something else. That will save your time.
But be careful, because other players may kill you on that spot and spots(places, where monsters appears at 2-5 sec after their death, and there can be 3-7 monsters at same time, depends on spot) are limited. For "controlling" some spots you should be in guild and should have a strong character, for protect your self from other players. In this case, everything like on MuOnline.

But that is just "replacement" of over9000 monsters grinding. After your back to game after watch TV ("oh yeah +10 lvl's! sweet!" Or - "daaamn those noobz killing me again!") you may go to killing your foes (PvP) or did the quests or hunting raids, bosses, dungeons on map for accure better items and etc.

Also, that all is just a little part about this game generally. Well, time to time i will update this tread for showoff my progress, explain more things and etc.!

Thanks for reading this and your interest in my little project!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its only using models from cabal-its not cabal on Unity.I can convert models from WOW for cabal but cabal will not be WOW.
Yea nice progress with everything good job, but its not cabal chachuy is right and i dont think that its should be pinned o_O unless happyday planning to sharing tools that will be also useful for cabal

Reaction score
It's early stages, will be released for public, possibility to get an improved / new scripts for blender, and everyone understands whatever defines game differently, MMORPG's are generic in general.
As it was said: It is using Cabal Models, so it's already related to Cabal + functions of Cabal will be implemented into it, alongside many other ideas from other various games, but Cabal is being used as a base, might be for models, might be for something else.
Unless this thread would be stopped updated or something really nice appeared in the Cabal Section, then I would unpin it, right now, it's something slightly different to all these EP2 and EP8 threads from 2013 and same questions, I don't really see that this thread would do any harm to anyone by being pinned? ;)

Reaction score
Early stages can mean a lot of different things, getting a server going and being able to log a character in is way way different and magnitude of times less of a time waste than trying to make everything else work. He mentioned a damage formula, that is literally impossible to get right by yourself. CABAL added so many damage related variables that all of our source code info is garbage. His endeavour is appreciated but in the end pointless for anything but bragging rights.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Creat : Cabal Online With Unreal Engine 4 System

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
While this is a nice project, the only relation it has to CABAL is the fact that it is using CABAL models (which means it can't be released without risk of ESTsoft sending the developer a C&D, as it's copyright-infringement). There's no need to sticky it as it actually contributes nothing to this sub-forum. Rightfully, it doesn't even belong in this section, but I suppose it would be interesting to see the progress.

TL;DR: leave the thread here, but don't sticky it

It's early stages, will be released for public, possibility to get an improved / new scripts for blender, and everyone understands whatever defines game differently, MMORPG's are generic in general.
As it was said: It is using Cabal Models, so it's already related to Cabal + functions of Cabal will be implemented into it, alongside many other ideas from other various games, but Cabal is being used as a base, might be for models, might be for something else.
Unless this thread would be stopped updated or something really nice appeared in the Cabal Section, then I would unpin it, right now, it's something slightly different to all these EP2 and EP8 threads from 2013 and same questions, I don't really see that this thread would do any harm to anyone by being pinned? ;)

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
But that is just "replacement" of over9000 monsters grinding. After your back to game after watch TV ("oh yeah +10 lvl's! sweet!" Or - "daaamn those noobz killing me again!") you may go to killing your foes (PvP) or did the quests or hunting raids, bosses, dungeons on map for accure better items and etc.

Thats what I did on the official server when GamesMasters still managed the server. Up to lvl 180 or something like that before getting banned for physically botting my keyboard, mouse and alt software botting several other accounts. I was a top premium paying member.

On the other hand I still remember a certain individual foaming at the mouth for grinding the game in a legit way for over 3-4 years only to be felling burned out at the end and wondering where his hours of life went as he was deleting his top character gear like a true drama queen.

Back