Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    inline floatLocation
    152Posts

Re: Cabal Online Re-Make?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Work in progress. Well, i am do that time to time. But there is some progress and changes.

1. All Cabal files reversed and working like a charm. Finished Object Editor, Object Viewer for my "custom game".
    Some from Object Viewer:
    Spoiler:

Now it's supports all Creatures, Items, and Player outfits(models). With animations.

2. Geodata implemented. On both Server and client side.
    3. Skill Engine, QuestEngine, DungeonEngine and other core systems is done.
    4. Minor engine systems is done.
    5. Playable.

Yeah, this already playable, but currently "contentless". I.e. SkillEngine is working but skills(and animations for character and also visual effects) in progress. Same as dmg formulas and etc. for that.

Monsters is done, they are walking, attacking and etc. But i need handle them and their loot.
    Same with Items. System is done, but items (exept few "test" items - 1 set and 1 sword, 1 bow, 1 wand) not done yet.

Well, i will publish them and open server soon as possible. But there is no ETA yet. Cuz that is just for fun.
    I am do that mainly for show-off a new way, next-gen "private servers" idea. That is literally not a private server of Cabal. Those game just using models from it,
    and contains a few gameplay systems from it. Well, just imagine them as MuOnline + Cabal Online + SilkRoad + Lineage 2 Interlude(Some systems from it yea) in one flask...

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    GN-z11 / f451Location
    223Posts

Not sure how everyone else feels, but this is something worth noticing and specially that the last thread confirmed that it will be released for public.
    @HappyDay your project is really interesting to follow and I would like you to update this thread as frequently as you can / want, as even tho, commenting is not super frequent, but the views are growing. If you would like, update your first post with your twitch and drop more visuals of your game too, such as videos and pictures. I really can't say enough about how interesting this looks for me personally :)

I would also like to ask personally to expand on technical side - how's the game process going, how you've exporter/imported models / movements / effects and such, what is your work plan? All bits and bulbs are interesting and more detailed it would be, the more attention it will get! ;)

Overall, best of luck!
    Last edited by AzureSensei; 06-04-17 at 12:58 AM.
    Like or Rep is the best way to show appreciation!

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    inline floatLocation
    152Posts

@AzureSensei thanks for your interest to my little project. Well, let's go explain little more about technical side and gameplay.

I've done my own exporter for Blender for all models in Cabal online. With huge work on animations. On all exporters what i saw here (or on other forums) same problem - wrong animation parts and model skeleton behaviour partially ruined. But now, problem is fixed.

After this, i am going to "restore" model behaviour "ingame". I.e. swords on your hands, correct animations while you are walking or do other things.
    Spoiler:

Server Software:
    Spoiler:

The server software based on my own SFL (Server Framework Library) engine. Them contains 18k lines of code itself. Smart but powerful engine for create (not only private) servers on C#. Imagine them as XNA 4.0/Monogame framework but for Server Side.
    Key notable features:
    1) Self-restore MySQL Database serializer.
    2) Protobuff-net based RPC over TCP Client-Server connection for Cluster based servers. (My own development).
    3) Thread-Safe, Multi-threaded Server application. Custom C# Collections.
    4) Game Engines, Discrete-simulation Tick Engine. Timers, and etc.
    5) Powerful Math library. Matrix 3x3, Matrix 4x4, Vector, Vector2, Vector3, Collision Nodes, Geodata Colliders and etc. via KDTree framework.
    6) My own powerful but smart Logger comparable to NLog, but provide less resource usage. With output like that:

Spoiler:

Code:
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:42]] [InitManager] Total initialization steps loaded: 4 
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:42]] [InitManager] Worker: Loading configuration, time: 00:00.61 
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [Server Map] Count: 47
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Worker: Initialize Game Services, time: 00:01.16 
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Worker: Initialize game translations, time: 00:00.11 
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Worker: Handle network protocol packets, time: 00:00.07 
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [InitManager] Total sucess: 4, Total failure: 0
    [[28.03.2017 19:07:43]] [GameServer] Server ready to accept clients!

Well, let's time to talking about future gameplay & style things!
    As you know, i am using Cabal online models, but what is next? Yet another Cabal? No no my dear friend. Yeah, i am using Cabal models, but enviroment (terrains, and etc.) is my own. Just imagine that:
    Spoiler:

A bit old screenshot, and without anti-aliasing, but... From Cabal Online models you may "craft" L2, Tera, Aion or PW like game.
    Well what this means? All simple - Cabal Online viewport and camera position, controller, has been changed to be similar with PW/Aion/L2/Tera style.

How about gameplay? It will be another L2? Definitely nope! For example, ill describe the key feature - leveling.
    On many games, this task is kinda boring. Killing over9000 monsters to the next level via roaming map. That is insane.
    But MuOnline (thanks to all private servers of them) has a sweet idea & solution!
    Spoiler:

I.e. each player class will have continuous AoE skills, you just enable them and your character will cast super-pupper magic (little spoiler, knights will have a similar to Rage Fighter from this video AoE skill), and will killing monsters around this area. You may going todo something else. That will save your time.
    But be careful, because other players may kill you on that spot and spots(places, where monsters appears at 2-5 sec after their death, and there can be 3-7 monsters at same time, depends on spot) are limited. For "controlling" some spots you should be in guild and should have a strong character, for protect your self from other players. In this case, everything like on MuOnline.

But that is just "replacement" of over9000 monsters grinding. After your back to game after watch TV ("oh yeah +10 lvl's! sweet!" Or - "daaamn those noobz killing me again!") you may go to killing your foes (PvP) or did the quests or hunting raids, bosses, dungeons on map for accure better items and etc.

Also, that all is just a little part about this game generally. Well, time to time i will update this tread for showoff my progress, explain more things and etc.!

Thanks for reading this and your interest in my little project!

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    161Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chachuy25 View Post
    Its only using models from cabal-its not cabal on Unity.I can convert models from WOW for cabal but cabal will not be WOW.
    Yea nice progress with everything good job, but its not cabal chachuy is right and i dont think that its should be pinned o.O unless happyday planning to sharing tools that will be also useful for cabal

True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    1,409Posts

I agree, this shouldn't be pinned at all, all you've got is another model viewer and a server base with no cabal code in it.

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    GN-z11 / f451Location
    223Posts

It's early stages, will be released for public, possibility to get an improved / new scripts for blender, and everyone understands whatever defines game differently, MMORPG's are generic in general.
    As it was said: It is using Cabal Models, so it's already related to Cabal + functions of Cabal will be implemented into it, alongside many other ideas from other various games, but Cabal is being used as a base, might be for models, might be for something else.
    Unless this thread would be stopped updated or something really nice appeared in the Cabal Section, then I would unpin it, right now, it's something slightly different to all these EP2 and EP8 threads from 2013 and same questions, I don't really see that this thread would do any harm to anyone by being pinned? ;)
    Like or Rep is the best way to show appreciation!

True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    1,409Posts

Early stages can mean a lot of different things, getting a server going and being able to log a character in is way way different and magnitude of times less of a time waste than trying to make everything else work. He mentioned a damage formula, that is literally impossible to get right by yourself. CABAL added so many damage related variables that all of our source code info is garbage. His endeavour is appreciated but in the end pointless for anything but bragging rights.

BannedRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    กรุงเLocation
    1,436Posts

Creat : Cabal Online With Unreal Engine 4 System

MemberRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    118Posts

While this is a nice project, the only relation it has to CABAL is the fact that it is using CABAL models (which means it can't be released without risk of ESTsoft sending the developer a C&D, as it's copyright-infringement). There's no need to sticky it as it actually contributes nothing to this sub-forum. Rightfully, it doesn't even belong in this section, but I suppose it would be interesting to see the progress.

TL;DR: leave the thread here, but don't sticky it

Quote Originally Posted by AzureSensei View Post
    It's early stages, will be released for public, possibility to get an improved / new scripts for blender, and everyone understands whatever defines game differently, MMORPG's are generic in general.
    As it was said: It is using Cabal Models, so it's already related to Cabal + functions of Cabal will be implemented into it, alongside many other ideas from other various games, but Cabal is being used as a base, might be for models, might be for something else.
    Unless this thread would be stopped updated or something really nice appeared in the Cabal Section, then I would unpin it, right now, it's something slightly different to all these EP2 and EP8 threads from 2013 and same questions, I don't really see that this thread would do any harm to anyone by being pinned? ;)

True MemberRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    CabalLocation
    638Posts

But that is just "replacement" of over9000 monsters grinding. After your back to game after watch TV ("oh yeah +10 lvl's! sweet!" Or - "daaamn those noobz killing me again!") you may go to killing your foes (PvP) or did the quests or hunting raids, bosses, dungeons on map for accure better items and etc.
    Thats what I did on the official server when GamesMasters still managed the server. Up to lvl 180 or something like that before getting banned for physically botting my keyboard, mouse and alt software botting several other accounts. I was a top premium paying member.

On the other hand I still remember a certain individual foaming at the mouth for grinding the game in a legit way for over 3-4 years only to be felling burned out at the end and wondering where his hours of life went as he was deleting his top character gear like a true drama queen.

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    668Posts

great job man!! awesomesince i quit from cabal section, im working with 3D model, Blender, UE4, Unity, i'm working with 3D models from cabal and converting to mobile

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    82Posts

Thus it isn't really "re-making" Cabal Online itself, but the idea & will that's there, is what counts.
    And I personally think that copying other servers with just slightly more content than others,
    isn't quite what keeps a community together nor active.
    It is the effort you put into it and of course mostly the results.
    Quality should go over quantity, so if your results are fairly decent at least,
    you'd probably be able to start something that lasts at least as long as the popular servers nowadays...
    That is, if you're planning to do so at the first place.

Population may not be the same, but hey, no one knows.

Good luck, can't wait to see some progress there! :)

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    BangaloreLocation
    446Posts

Keep it up. Once you are done with making the game, just make the networking compatible with cabal emulator :-)
    Please help me in my dream MMORPG emulator https://github.com/cyberinferno/inferno-emu-v2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement