Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can't connect to server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys
I have a prob with connection to Cabal server
I dont have a router so i don't know wich IP goes where...
My windows WAN IP it's 89.39.70.226
192.168.15.128-centos local IP
192.168.15.1-VMnet8 Network adapter
192.168.188.1VMnet1 Network adapter
I can ping centos from windows and all the ip's from centos to windows evan 127.0.0.1
I need to know wich ip's i put in cabal_config and wich in internal.txt...
I have set the website and made some acounts...all working just fine
All firewall's are off

Here are my Log Files

I use Chumpy's server repack on centos 4.7 and windows xp and OGPlanet client

Sry for my bad english and thx for help

Regards

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The login server is not seeing your login attempts. The correct IP to use is the 89.x one (same in internal.txt). The worldsvr is using 192.168.15.128 at the moment so try that in internal.txt and see if the login server pick it up. You won't have any problems with routing/firewalls using the internal lan ip to test with first.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So internal.txt should look like this:

IP=89.39.33.170
PORT=38101
CHAT_IP=89.39.33.170
CHAccnT_PORT=38121

and cabal_config like this
Rahan - Can't connect to server - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Try starting the client using the batch file and see if the connection attempt shows up in the loginsvr log.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I stat client only with the batch file allways no atempt in log files...all the rest it's just fine in logs:(

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't have router(i do have one but i don't whant to use that line)...it's connected directly to internet ...i gues i will have to put the line with router...but as you can see my sing this one it's far away better then the other...until i will how this work on direct connection i will use some router :(
Thx for replay

Same thing with router to...
He can se me conecting in LAN but i get Login conect fail
But there is a strage thing....i have try to set for DB the local IP and i get error's in log files....but with my WAN IP for DB and local IP to players connect work's without errors and cant connect to server
Can't connect in lan and not even from outside...
here are the log files

Pics with the IP's and the ping

(windows WAN IP 89.122.xx.xx)

(centos local IP)

(ping)

(my cabal_config.sh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Server is unavailable or does not exist.

That is a problem, the server cannot connect to the database so it can't auth the login attempt. Use the windows lan ip in odbc.ini.

Other than that the config looks ok there. Outside people won't be able to connect though as the server is only "listening" on the lan for players, but let cabal_config.sh use the IP address it is guessing (the 89.x one) and the same in the internal.txt and it should work if the ports have been forwarded.

Upvote 0
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
no router -> no live cabal server, you have 4 options:

1. Buy a router and you can forward ip`s to anyone in lan
2. Use centOS as a main os for your computer and connect him to the internet just the way you do for windows os, and install windows in vmware if you don`t have a 2nd machine.
3. Use a lan only configuration and only people inside your lan will be able to access it.
4. Use a VPN network.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All done....server up and runing
Found my prob...i have swicht WMware Network adapter ip to get ip automaticlly and all worked just fine...thx very much for your help and time
Now i have another question(i have search but i did not undertand the meaning of guide how to)how to change drop rate,exp,skill points i have found this and if someoane could explain how it works

Code:
[Multiple] All_M PC_M Free_P FreePC_P Premium_P PremiumPC_P Remark
0 100 100 0 0 0 0

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
and what should i type in "cabal_config" i havent see nothing to indicate this :D

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cabal_config just sets a basic rate. If you want better control over the rates run the cabal_rates script to see how to use it. Also try "cabalhelp" to see what othr commands are available ;)

Upvote 0
Back