Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can't connect to server over internet

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Let me first tell you that everything works fine over LAN, using local IP addresses.
Now I want to have a select group of friends being able to connect over the internet to my server.
I am using EP8 release from Matrixfinity.

What I have done so far:
  • Change IP address of CentOS server to my public IP address in WorldSvr_xx_xx.ini files on server.
  • Change IP address of CentOS server to my public IP address in internal.txt for client (using breaklee to start).
  • Set port forwards in my router for ports 38100-38201. Tested them, and they are successfully opened.

When I'm trying to connect, the bar "Moving to Select Server screen..." fills up and gives error "You have failed to connect to the server".
I checked server logs (which I deleted before trying), and none have been generated. So I conclude the client does not reach the server.

Any ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
are they using the start bat given in the tut.... if so the internal file has the server IP or centos IP/?? for your friends

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, they are using the start.bat that has breaklee in it.
And the internal file has my public IP, which should be port forwarded to my local CentOS IP.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still unsolved, but I got suspicious that my router might be the culprit. It's a fairly new model from Sagemcom (rebranded and with firmware from my isp, so no clue about the exact model number) and it's apparently known to have issues with port forwarding with some older games because of a newer version of NAT it uses. Only way to bypass it would be PPPoE but I didn't succeed to get it running in my CentOS server.

Will be trying Hamachi next, hope that works.

Works perfect with Hamachi, problem solved.

Upvote 0
Back