Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Channel Connection

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here I am again, I`v been searching the forum for a fix for it but didn't find anything.
Well I can connect to the server but not to the channel, I edited the IP in WorldSvr01_01.ini to my external IP so other people could connect because till then only I could... And after the edit they can connect but I can't.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you connecting to the same IP they're connecting to? I'm sorta lost.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So first time i had as connecting IP my internal ip and only I could connect ... than i just replaced the ip with my outside IP .... than my friends could connect bUT I couldnt .. so im trying to figure out what the problem is ... my firewall is off ... all services are running fine .... my friends can cannect and play with no problem /.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
So first time i had as connecting IP my internal ip and only I could connect ... than i just replaced the ip with my outside IP .... than my friends could connect bUT I couldnt .. so im trying to figure out what the problem is ... my firewall is off ... all services are running fine .... my friends can cannect and play with no problem /.

You can connect because your LAN IP is part of your WAN IP. All you have to do is configure your router and port forward the following IP and ports;
* Local IP of your centos 192.168.1.xx forward to WAN IP
* LoginSvr port = 38101
* ChatNode port = 38121
* AgentShop port = 38151
* WorldSvr ports = 38111, 38112 and so on

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can connect because your LAN IP is part of your WAN IP. All you have to do is configure your router and port forward the following IP and ports;
* Local IP of your centos 192.168.1.xx forward to WAN IP
* LoginSvr port = 38101
* ChatNode port = 38121
* AgentShop port = 38151
* WorldSvr ports = 38111, 38112 and so on

I believe he would have to forward ports regardless of whether using LAN/WAN. His friends shouldn't be able to connect if ports aren't forwarded so I don't think that's the issue..
Although, no harm in taking a look.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you for the input guys :) give me a sec im reinstalling centos almost done with server files ... will come back with a reply

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you for the input guys :) give me a sec im reinstalling centos almost done with server files ... will come back with a reply
you have to enable lan loopback on your routers's i got the same problem before and i solved it by enabling it ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
right guys ... i dropped that because it was full of problems .... i got a nice and clean pack from http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/ep8-server-files-db-justin-905705/ .... now my only problem is that i dont know how to make the services runing .. or how to create that service cabal start command ... basically i need a way to add / download / the CABAL services from somewhere ... any ideas ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
right guys ... i dropped that because it was full of problems .... i got a nice and clean pack from http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/ep8-server-files-db-justin-905705/ .... now my only problem is that i dont know how to make the services runing .. or how to create that service cabal start command ... basically i need a way to add / download / the CABAL services from somewhere ... any ideas ?

Those are the files, you'd be better off downloading a repack unless you can write scripts for your CentOS. There are two I know of here on RZ, toast's and Extornia's, both are fine but toast's gave me some problem when I was trying to set my test server up (on the same PC), extornia's didnt. So you should probably just stick with Ex's, or try both.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much, I will give it a try and come back with a reply

allright DEAD END ... back to square 1 .... allright can sum1 here help me out like 5 minutes NOT MORE ... i have just a few questions .. i will do everything myself ... but i need some guidance through server files thats all :) or you can add me on skype : ducky1238 .... thank you in advance :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much, I will give it a try and come back with a reply

allright DEAD END ... back to square 1 .... allright can sum1 here help me out like 5 minutes NOT MORE ... i have just a few questions .. i will do everything myself ... but i need some guidance through server files thats all :) or you can add me on skype : ducky1238 .... thank you in advance :)
Ask your questions here and I'll gladly help~

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ask your questions here and I'll gladly help~

At the moment the server is up and running for ME but not for the outside access , I mean I can login and play but my friends cannot...I don't own a router which has NAT loopback (are there any other options for me ? ) or should I switch to the direct cable ( I have a dynamic IP for my ISP ).

Back