Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

No channels / ACE_ASSERT error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
CentOS OS: 6.5, 64x
Windows OS: Windows Server 2012 R2

CentOS LAN IP: 192.168.38.128
Windows LAN IP: 192.168.38.128
-> We're using a root server running Win server 2012. It runs a VMWare Workstation with the CentOS, we're using the LAN Windows IP as MSSQL ip, WAN ip of root for Server IP (for players to connect to) and are forwarding ports to CentOS.

Do you have turned off firewall? Yes

Problem: We can log in entering ID and password, but there are no channels. There's no error message about magic key not being equal, I can change magic key freely in .ini/sql, it doesn't change a thing nor there an error. I've done the following change:

ChatNode_01.ini contains:
ChatNode_01.ini:
[NetLib]
Port=24572

WorldSvr_01_01.ini contains:
[ChatNode]
AddrForServer=127.0.0.1
AddrForClient=WAN IP OF ROOT
Port=38121

-> I've changed the port of ChatNode to 24572 in WorldSvr.ini -> receiving following error with world server not starting:
[root@localhost ~]# ACE_ASSERT: file Game/GameSystem.cpp, line 1595 assertion failed for 'script.Load( cValue, "Mobs" )'.Aborting...

Logs:

AgentShop:
AuthDBAgent:
CashDBAgent:
ChatNode:
DBAgent:
EventDBAgent:
EventMgrSvr:
GlobalDBAgent:
GlobalMgrSvr:
LoginSvr:
PartySvr:
PCBangDBAgent:
RockAndRollITS:
WorldSvr:

LoginSvr after login:

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Tekumi

Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi Cabalkumi,

Glad to see that you have used mine template as request for help, i really appreciate that and i'll do my best to help you resolve the issue.
At this moment i think i have found the problem. Logs looks fine, just WorldSvr_01_01 says something like that:
[Wed Feb 3 2016 03:05:22.326651 4152198864]: [##ERROR##] connect 127.0.0.1:38121 fail
[Wed Feb 3 2016 03:05:22.326692 4152198864]: [##ERROR##] Link(): link open fail(Automatic), Exit
[Wed Feb 3 2016 03:05:22.326730 4152198864]: [##ERROR##] OpenLinkLayer(): ChatNode link failed
[Wed Feb 3 2016 03:05:22.326765 4152198864]: [##ERROR##] RunServer(): Initialize fail
That mean you have NOT changed the ChatNode port in .ini file.
To be sure
-> I've changed the port of ChatNode to 24572 in WorldSvr.ini -> receiving following error with world server not starting:
You not use WorldSvr.ini, you use WorldSvr_01_0x.ini file. So edit the ChatNode port in this case in WorldSvr_01_01.ini and restart the service.
I don't see any other problem, after that it should run successfully.

About this:
[root@localhost ~]# ACE_ASSERT: file Game/GameSystem.cpp, line 1595 assertion failed for 'script.Load( cValue, "Mobs" )'.Aborting...
It's just a standard error, which appear sometimes no one know exactly why. If it appear just type: "service WorldSvr_01_0x restart" till it will be fine.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Dens666,

I really appreciate you making that template plus trying to help everyone in here. I've been creating Cabal servers on and off for ages, but this time it feels kinda undoable.

This part:
was meant to be targeted at the WorldSvr_01.ini - sorry! Once I do that, the other error "ACE_ASSERT" appears.

I tried restarting the WorldSvr_01_01 a lot of times, it never worked out - restarting, stopping and starting - nothing really did.

Kind regards

Tekumi

Upvote 0
Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Restart your whole centos
Then service cabal stop
Delete all logs
Service cabal start
Upload ur all log in rar again.
Because currently looks like ur files not affected ur change and still somehow using old chatnode port.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm using the Infinity files and I get that error every time I run the server start script immediately after booting CentOS, but it only happens once. After a simple manual start of WorldSvr, it's gone (for that session).

I don't know how much of an effect it has on server functioning, but so far I haven't encountered any actual problems other than that, and indeed it doesn't look like in and of itself it should prevent you from booting up the server, so that must be a different issue.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Dens666 Caelann
Thank you guys for your replies. I appreciate the effort you put into RZ a lot. We've changed to Infinity files as the server runs cleanly. Our current problem is getting the client to run and connect. I will reply back and/or send you a private message once I run into additional problems.

Thanks and kind regards

Tekumi

Upvote 0
Back