Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Defense against crash o matic or other else channel crashers!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
already found the source of bug! All owner be careful with return stones... Those are causing that crashes...

be a good boy and share your fix, the fact that retn stone is causing the bug can be deducted from what i've told you, changing packet opcode from 0x0A to 0xF4 = making retn stone work :) so changing 0x0A server-side to something else wld work as protection against the bug, just my thoughts :)

It's not only return stones that can crash a channel or so I've been told.

special inv is causing crash too :D

Upvote 0
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
They just moddify the size of that packet, making it bigger, so when someone use return stone, server can't handle that, cuz its to big, so in that way it makes the srv to shutdown cuz its over what he can do , so with client too.

Upvote 0
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
@cadena, thats not gonna make happy a lot of players, cuz might leave from your server and going to other server that has this bug fixed. Imagine players staying to walk from bloody ice till to fort ruina, when they simple can use warp, so i kinda not recommand you that.

Upvote 0
RaGEZONER
Reaction score
Then this is more like a exploit rather then a bug, there are no problems with warping if you use the main from PunkS7yle.

The other main released by Spike had some bugs with return stone as PunkS7yle mentioned it will crash your channel.

Upvote 0
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
There are no problem with punky's cabalmain because the packet is intact, the cabalmain that Spike released, was still from Punky that made that edit with the return stone packet.

Upvote 0
RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I get the felling that removing return stones from the server and client side wont help.

You probably only need to log some packet traffic, spoof or break it and fire it away at the server, no need to use the client,.. wpe?
The server binary cant handle such request/s so it crashes, you need a packet filter that drops bad packets. Shouldn't the server be made to drop such packets instead of crash?

Therese a packet logger now do a packet filter, fix/change the server binary.
I'm newb so its just a idea, I think your doomed. : P

http://forum.ragezone.com/f315/kal-online-packet-filter-898174/

Have you tried this?
http://forum.ragezone.com/f451/defense-crash-o-matic-else-926034/index2.html#post7576184

Ugh,.. :blink:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back