Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EP8 ERRORS & FIXES (regularly updated)

Reaction score
Hello RZ,

Since the release of this long awaited server files, we all tried hard and most of us even spent sleepless nights trying to figure things out in excitement to make the server work and client to connect, test and play.

This is in attempt to make it easier for all of us to fix most if not all, the bugs, problems and issues we get during the process and NOT left our concerns UNANSWERED (hopefully), thereby eliminating too much repeated questions.

REMINDER:
These are based on my personal experience on how I solved most of the problems. Just pay attention to them and follow carefully making sure by double checking everything and not rush things out because you will only make things worst, just have more PATIENCE my friends.

Also, this thread assumes you already set up your server from Justin Bieber's release or by following AkiSora's guide and trying to make things work from that point.

That said, let's get to work!

ERROR [#1]:
[##ERROR##] Initialize(): InitializeGlobals()

FIX/SOLUTION [#1]:
Use from Oracle instead of VMware.​

ERROR [#2]:
[##ERROR##] DB ERROR(MSG) : [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Server is unavailable or does not exist.

FIX/SOLUTION [#2]:
This means the server (CentOS) cannot connect to MSSQL database (Windows).
For testing purposes, temporarily in your server (CentOS) and disable the windows firewall 'til you get all working.

Make sure your MSSQQL database user and password matches the ones you set in your server "ini" (AuthDBAgent.ini, CashDBAgent.ini, DBAgent.ini, EventDBAgent.ini, GlobalDBAgent.ini and PCBangDBAgent.ini).

DBId = (your database user name) and DBPwd = (your database password).

Don't forget to double check your odbc.ini (as posted by walkernight88) settings as well and don't rush make sure of everything.​

ERROR [#3]:
[##ERROR##] fail listening xxxxx port (Address already in use)
FIX/SOLUTION [#3]:
This is fine, don't worry about it, unless you set a custom port that's a different story.
This is normal because your system has not released the port yet due to stop and start scenario. Just ignore and move on to other errors.​

ERROR [#4]:
[##ERROR##] connect 127.0.0.1:38170 fail
FIX/SOLUTION [#4]:
By default, port 38170 is used by GlobarMgrSvr which needs to connect to DBAgent.
If your DBAgent can't connect properly to your database you will get this error.
So, try to fix the database connection problem first - see ERROR/FIX #2.​

ERROR [#5]:
[##ERROR##] DB ERROR(STM_TEXT) : {call dbo.cabal_sp_ems_get_events}
FIX/SOLUTION [#5]:
Delete the two entries in the EventData database.
Thanks to Extornia for his quick response.​

ERROR [#6]:
The game client is responding with incorrect password but can't login with correct user and password, or can login but can't enter any channels.​
FIX/SOLUTION [#6]:
Replace your bin files with the ones found in /home/update/ folder from the original server files released.​

ERROR [#7]:
It won't let you connect/spawn when you give yourself GM Nation. (by Extornia)​
FIX/SOLUTION [#7]:
Add your IP in gm_ip_list in Account table, check here. (by Extornia)

ERROR [#8]:
Quest bugs (ex. Coal Mine, etc).​
FIX/SOLUTION [#8]:
Use the Quest.scp found in /home/update/data/ from the original server files released.
This will fix most if not all, your quest bugs.

ERROR [#97]:
Switch character bug.​
FIX/SOLUTION [#97]:
Set UseBotCheckInCharacterSelectLogout = 0 - find it inside WorldSvr_xx_xx.ini. (by cadena)

ERROR [#98]:
When using CTLR + you click on map if you are not GM nation but procy/capella you will EC6, type 244. (by Extornia)
FIX/SOLUTION [#98]:
Set UseCheckWarpHack = 0 - find it inside WorldSvr_xx_xx.ini. (by cadena)

ERROR [#99]
:
I can go in game and play, only problem is I can't drop any items.
The game message says: "Your character cannot use the function."​
FIX/SOLUTION [#99]:
The culprit is the item.scp, just use the one named "item_.scp" from the same folder (/data).
Thank you cadena for giving us the idea, and Extornia for helping out pin point the offending file.​

I will be updating this thread for more errors and fixes, let's all work together as a team once again as this is the essence of the release, let's not disappoint the man behind it, it's the least we could do after years of waiting.

ADVISORY: DO NOT USE any other DATABASE that has BEEN CLEANED for now except the one released by Extornia, there were reports of incompatibility issues - your experience might have been different from the others but prevention is better than cure, less headache less hassle.

CREDITS:
ESTSoft - for this great game
Justin Bieber - for the courage stepping forward to release the files for the Cabal community.
RaGEZONE forum & community (that's all of us!) - for making all these possible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: EP8 ERRORS & FIXES (regularly updated) - by Mundus

Just to list all the currently found bugs ingame by me and a friend:

1. As you mentioned, unable to drop items. Probaby soemthing in WorldSvr.
2. It won't let you connect/spawn when you give yourself GM Nation, solution is: Add your IP in gm_ip_list in Account table
3. Unable to select characters, fix is unknown yet however all EP8 servers have it (even the ones that are UP at the moment)
4. When using CTLR + you click on map if you are not GM nation but procy/capella you will EC6, type 244

The following has been tested and is working:
1. BM3
2. Crafting
3. Runes
4. Auction House/Agent Shop
5. Dungeons
6. Skills
7. Items/sets/bikes
8. Titles
9. Party
10. PVP
11. Mission War
12. Switch between channels
13. Botcheck & sub password.

Best client to use is SIMP cabal ep8. Not TheftGames cabal! You'd need to update theirs using launcher to fix item.enc md5 check but their server is down!

Also make sure MSSQL has named pipes enabled for MSSQL server!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Cannot connect to the channel, I hope you can help me

Can login account, can see the channel, but can not connect

Reaction score

Cannot connect to the channel, I hope you can help me

Can login account, can see the channel, but can not connect

Check WorldSvr .ini make sure all the IPs are correct. At 3 places you need to have your WAN ip.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

The IP is correct, I posted a log

[Fri Jan 25 2013 17:20:11.322008 3085900688]: [##ERROR##] OnIPCVerifyLinks(): NonClient UserNum(42464), ip(192.168.1.2)
[Fri Jan 25 2013 17:20:11.322047 3085900688]: [##ERROR##] 'OnIPCVerifyLinks' fail (Proc/Verify.cpp:456)
[Fri Jan 25 2013 17:20:11.322056 3085900688]: [##ERROR##] UsrMap Fail : MainCmd(23) Ret(4701C8:71:456) Addr(127.0.0.1) CharIdx(0)

Reaction score

The IP is correct, I posted a log

[Fri Jan 25 2013 17:20:11.322008 3085900688]: [##ERROR##] OnIPCVerifyLinks(): NonClient UserNum(42464), ip(192.168.1.2)
[Fri Jan 25 2013 17:20:11.322047 3085900688]: [##ERROR##] 'OnIPCVerifyLinks' fail (Proc/Verify.cpp:456)
[Fri Jan 25 2013 17:20:11.322056 3085900688]: [##ERROR##] UsrMap Fail : MainCmd(23) Ret(4701C8:71:456) Addr(127.0.0.1) CharIdx(0)

Have you taken the binaries from /home/updates?

Reaction score

Yes, the binary file using /home/update

I did not clean up the database, is that reason?

Hmhmhm I really doubt it is that. I'm sorry but I haven't had that issue. Although I did not do it on a home setup with a router it was all done on two physical machines (one for database other for server)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hmhmhm I really doubt it is that. I'm sorry but I haven't had that issue. Although I did not do it on a home setup with a router it was all done on two physical machines (one for database other for server)

I provide an IP address, you can use your client to connect to test?Some people say that this is the problem of cabalmain.exe

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Yeah, private message it to me. Make a account for me aswell.

My client is not xtrap, but GameGuard, may be the reason I can not connect to the channel?Because I see you landing logs, without that error.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Yes I can

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

try this to your cabal client:

EDIT: I replied to your pm.

please add "IgnoreClientVersion=1" in LoginSvr_01, I used my client landing, prompting the need to update!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

big thank for your help ?
ERROR #1:
[##ERROR##] Initialize(): InitializeGlobals()

Back