Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[guide] Server wipe?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to know if there is some method or sql query for a server wipe.

I don't want to redeploy all cabal sql databases from new, i just want to delete all chars, skills, quests completed, alx, items...etc but not accounts that are already created.

One method i could think of is deleting everything from Server01.dbo.cabal_character_table table, but if my logic is good - if someone creates character with the same name again, he will get all char data. (didn't tried this method - please correct if I'm wrong)

Any ideas?
How do big server guys do it?

Edit:
Guide is here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f451/server-wipe-1002107-post8069579/#post8069579
Credits to Stricted

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Server wipe?

Remember how you first restored the databases when you first installed? Ding there you go.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Remember how you first restored the databases when you first installed? Ding there you go.
This will also delete all accounts and that is not what I want to do.
Restoring old DBs is piece of cake...

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Hello,
I would like to know if there is some method or sql query for a server wipe.

I don't want to redeploy all cabal sql databases from new, i just want to delete all chars, skills, quests completed, alx, items...etc but not accounts that are already created.

One method i could think of is deleting everything from Server01.dbo.cabal_character_table table, but if my logic is good - if someone creates character with the same name again, he will get all char data. (didn't tried this method - please correct if I'm wrong)

Any ideas?
How do big server guys do it?

use stored procedure server01.dbo.clean_gamedb

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Looks like this is what I was searching for!
Big thanks to Scricted.
Accounts stay intact, everything else is clean. Looks like cash inventory is also not affected, which is a good thing. (if someone knows what else is not affected - will be good to know)
For those who don't understand procedures just run this query:
exec [server01].[dbo].[clean_gamedb]
To clean cash inventory execute this query:
delete from [CabalCash].[dbo].[MyCashItem]

Don't forget to make backups/snapshots when you play with something like this!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
if want to wipe all accounts include sub pass and cash inventory and warehouse got query?

Back