Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I'm being sued by ESTsoft need your help

K

Komachi

Outdated question remove this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Komachi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's scary man. Did you have some sort of disclaimer some where on your website or something?

K

Komachi

Reaction score
A cease and desist also must contain a signature and a stamp. If you ignored it.... you're in for it. Call them, talk to them, tell them you thought it was fake.

How did the cease and desist arrive? If it wasnt on your address or fax it doesen't count. Emails can be faked.

Also, please translate the text if you can for me.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Found it on

K

Komachi

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well if its real you should stop because my friend got sued for 20k$ and they took his paypal and other transactions and his SSD

K

Komachi

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
its easy your Host provider provided the info for them ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
100% they check your ip and called your isp to get the rest of the info... if you used a hosting or etc when a company call for copy rights the provider will stop your hosting and send you the info from the company that claim for copy rights. i don't know what are you thinking when you received the letter in your house there is no easy way to get the ip correct location if you are person who want to send fake letters. I don't really know what to say to help you ;[ 4-5 years ago the guy (GEOHOT) who hacked ps3 was lawsuit by sony and at the end what happen, they make agreement that he will never do modifications on sony products and the case was closed. Normally companies that have free mmorpg client don't do lawsuit server files don't come with copy rights documents so from where you 100% know if the files are created by estsoft or some programers team created them. Just like muonline all new server files with full official servers features are made by big dev teams and this teams sell files to private servers. And what WebZen do they started official server with resets :D i think is not good idia ESTSoft to lawsuit the private servers yes they lose some money but if they lawsuit some one who have money and he get angry what will happen all official servers offline because ddos attacks (you think that officials are ddos protected no they don't no body is 100% protected from that) if they don't want to lose money they need to stop give license to noob publishers files leaked from them.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sometime in May, my domain was deactivated by my webhost because of that fvckin fake DMCA, last week some of my FB post were also deleted bcoz of the DMCA again.

I have a small question with you guys, is there any packer (software) that can't be unpacked (maybe VM Protect)? If there's any, why ESTSoft didn't use it so that even if their server files were stolen or hacked, the third party can't use it bcoz their cabalmain itself uses gameguard and we don't know the xor keys they were using, so we can't sync our modified encs especially language.enc to the xor keys of cabalmain.

Reaction score
Sometime in May, my domain was deactivated by my webhost because of that fvckin fake DMCA, last week some of my FB post were also deleted bcoz of the DMCA again.

I have a small question with you guys, is there any packer (software) that can't be unpacked (maybe VM Protect)? If there's any, why ESTSoft didn't use it so that even if their server files were stolen or hacked, the third party can't use it bcoz their cabalmain itself uses gameguard and we don't know the xor keys they were using, so we can't sync our modified encs especially language.enc to the xor keys of cabalmain.

You can't protect it, there is no way to fully protect. VM Protect is poop, a server was using it I had a friend unpack it within 30 minutes.

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
The binaries have a,
Cabal Server Dev..Copyright by ESTsoft 2009

The only thing is that I do not really know what to say about it

Private servers are not a great place to look for income.
Read the whole topic of the quoted post.

You all know the risks, private servers are illegal and are against the Terms of Service of EST Soft. Nothing more to discuss about this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does this mean that offline, CABAL game server development for educational purposes is considered illegal?

Back