Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Old Nation War System

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey rz,
i've got a question belonging mission war. As we are not that many people, we want the old (weaker) mission/nation war system back. I think it was EP6 before they were raised that much that you need BM3 and so on.
I read that some server had this but i can't remember. Where can i find the files or does anybody have the changes in mind that i need to do ?

Some small addition:
I would like to change the nation war system in a way that everybody can join without the teams having the same amount of players.
Means: 1vs2 / 2vs5 and so on would be possible.
There's this thread but no one had an idea:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f451/remove-wait-mission-war-926866/
Does anybody found a solution lately ?

Greetings
MOT7

Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I would also like to change this in the future as an optional config.

I would start with comparing with EP 2 setting and/or lowering the stats defense, hp or what ever is in there by dividing by 2 and lowering the time and increasing the reward points, making it really fast paced and fun and more frequent.

Make a free nation change card in the NPC, I think it would be fun to change nation instantly for free thus resolving the balance problem and making nation war more fun,.. :D:

I have not checked the nation change card limitations and price but I think they can be changed.

Like CSSource, you get thrown in a team that has the least people.
Really fast paced fragging which 5-10 in total 10-20 people would clear in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Free change nation is ok for nation war but is bad for forcecalibur and other bosses that are added with forcecalibur system.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would also like to change this in the future as an optional config.

I would start with comparing with EP 2 setting and/or lowering the stats defense, hp or what ever is in there by dividing by 2 and lowering the time and increasing the reward points, making it really fast paced and fun and more frequent.

Make a free nation change card in the NPC, I think it would be fun to change nation instantly for free thus resolving the balance problem and making nation war more fun,.. :D:

I have not checked the nation change card limitations and price but I think they can be changed.

Like CSSource, you get thrown in a team that has the least people.
Really fast paced fragging which 5-10 in total 10-20 people would clear in a matter of 10-15 minutes.

Yeah, i'll see if i can find the EP2 files and then let's see if i can change the nation war in that way. I had the hope that someone changed the system already and has the modified files.
Maybe i can identify the changes and then upload the files here because in my opinion the "old" nation wars were way more fun. And now, for small p-servers, the bosses have way to much HP,Defense and Attack...:ehh:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would agree also that the old TG system like EP6 is the best option because the selection of bringers are based only on 1 level bracket (level170 only, now good if 170-190) and that selection is per character class, 1 bringer for every class = 6 bringers in 6 classes for 2 different nation. In this way the weaker class can also obtain a bringer title because as we all know that FS and WA is best class for NWar.

In line with free instant nation change, yahhh it's good to have that to make balance the quantity per nation joining the war but the problem is if you change your nation your previous war scores are vanished, so you have to start it over to get the bringer title for atleast 7 best wars to compete others.

For y0cata's opinion, i think it is not a problem because as what toast2250 plan is you can only change your nation if you are in NWar lobby. so they can't easily change it when they feel that their opponent nation will win the battle of force calibur.

With regards also to the hp, attack, def level of mobs in NWAR, we can change it at Mobs.scp as what i did by decreasing the defense and hp of all guardians, gate and towers by copying that stats from EP2 mobs.scp.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
With regards also to the hp, attack, def level of mobs in NWAR, we can change it at Mobs.scp as what i did by decreasing the defense and hp of all guardians, gate and towers by copying that stats from EP2 mobs.scp.

kinda strange ... they are defined in war.scp ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

have fun. official ep7 TG (where mobs are alot weaker)

I'll test that one tomorrow. If it works fine and fits our requirements: THANKS a lot. Then i can focus on other things.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
kinda strange ... they are defined in war.scp ...

yes, it will work also if you modify it in Mobs.scp from Mob number 892 to 903 in terms of hp, attck, def, hp regen. This is what i did before coz i dunno where exactly to edit it. now i know that all of them can be modified at War.scp

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think i made a mistake.
I got this error message after echanging the war.scp files! (See attachement please).

Did i forgot something to do ?
script.cpp ?
chmod ?

Edit:
OK, i found some thread about tdp and that ace fail is coming from a bad file (should be the war.scp) and that it is in DOS format but i'm a bit lost with that information, what do i need to do ?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Reaction score
If you compare the war.scp files then you will notice that things are missing.

You need to manually copy the changes over to the one that you were previously using.

All of the possible txt config files must be in Unix format file encoding.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you compare the war.scp files then you will notice that things are missing.

You need to manually copy the changes over to the one that you were previously using.

All of the possible txt config files must be in Unix format file encoding.

Yes, i did recognize it after comparing them. Now everything is working, i just copied the war mob things from the old one to the new one and left the other things as they are. Stupid me. Today my brain is afk or in holiday i think :grr:
Thanks toast2250.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey rz,
so a lot of time passed by and i had time to try to "imbalance" the mission war system. I searched all around the .scp-files the data folder, the war folder and the main cabal folder and tried to find some parameter or something like that. I didn't had any success.
Still we can't imbalance the war so things like 4 vs.6 or something like that is possible without waiting list.

Does somebody has an idea where this damnit option is hiding ?
Where are the scripts located ? Maybe i can find anything there...

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I will also try to help you find it, I thought it was in World binary. :D:

About the free nation change card and force calibur (nation based stuff) abuse,
Your could try to add the card selling NPC in the war lobby and add a expiry of 10 min to the card.

That way people have no way to change nation again after the war and the nations balance each other out manually.

Except for those who are faithful to their nation, want to keep their scores or some other reasons, the downside is that they might not be able to always join the NW,.. that's where changing the Waiting List cap can be useful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's PunkS7yle style :D you can't do anything against it xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@PunkS7yle
Really nice hint which is a bit useless because this database isn't that small. :glare:
I'll see if i can find something.

@toast2250
Yeah, i appreciate your help and thanks in advance. The free nation change is kind of easy to solve for our small server if i want to implement: I just set the fee for chaning nation with transmuter to 0 and then sell the black transmuter via item shop. Your idea is even better in some way but it's enough for us to get it by using the item shop. Nevertheless thanks for your idea on that.

Let's see if we can find something in the database...

Back