Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quickly creating new maps

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Now I am working on visual maps editor.Terrain and the alignment models on the map will be visual.Directly in the game you can create you terrain and alignment models.By the time a completely new map will take 2-3 hours.If you have any good tips I will try to implement it in the editor.

Reaction score
  • Will it be possible to import various models into the tool?
  • Models placing by coordinates or atleast coordinates shown? That way would be easier to add things such as npc's via extra objects and decorations more accurately.
  • Setuping directly safe zone, movable and unmovable area? Or will be required to "paint" bmp?
  • Weather settings / effects?
  • "Sky" changer inside the tool / importing our own or pre-set?

What is currently in the tool?

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
  • Will it be possible to import various models into the tool?
  • Models placing by coordinates or atleast coordinates shown? That way would be easier to add things such as npc's via extra objects and decorations more accurately.
  • Setuping directly safe zone, movable and unmovable area? Or will be required to "paint" bmp?
  • Weather settings / effects?
  • "Sky" changer inside the tool / importing our own or pre-set?

What is currently in the tool?
1 yes
2 Models placing like in game minecraft you will have list of you models and placing its in the game
3 safe zone, movable and unmovable area-I have not tried to do it now
4 you can do clouds model+animation+alpha channel himself/effects-its good idea-I think about how to implement it
5 sky changer-its more convenient do in fotoshop(but it is possible do program which will make changes to the file and every time you change locations-program randomly changes the path to the file with the sky)
At the moment in the tool-creating a visual landscape,coloring map right on it,tested visual alignment models,creating a height map

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Really unique feature. From all this info sounds impossible xD But keep it up hope that you can make all u got in plans!

Reaction score
g1Pu4RO - Quickly creating new maps - RaGEZONE Forums

This is some old stuff Yamachi wrote a long time ago, so it's definitely possible. Just wish we saw some pics of the progress and not just words to believe it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
who can tell about the textures?-when I change the landscape,one layer of texture is not displayed.I showed in the video an exemplary process map making+the launch of the visual arrangement of models.All models data will be saved in the file and importing into mcl file by one click.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Finally, an actual work being done in a long time!

Amazing thing Dude!

Out of curiosity: planning to share it? sell it? trade it? :w00t:

P.S. Would you be able to show, how does the inside of the map looks like? As in live in-game?
I am planning share visual alignment models editor with some models(about 100)+2-3 landscape-you will put the models on the map-and send my file and i convert it for .mcl file

If everything will be ok-I plan to do a visual effects editor.one drawback, I have little free time.

Back