Quickly creating new maps

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    idea Quickly creating new maps

    Now I am working on visual maps editor.Terrain and the alignment models on the map will be visual.Directly in the game you can create you terrain and alignment models.By the time a completely new map will take 2-3 hours.If you have any good tips I will try to implement it in the editor.


  2. #2
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! AzureSensei is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    f451Location
    244Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    • Will it be possible to import various models into the tool?
    • Models placing by coordinates or atleast coordinates shown? That way would be easier to add things such as npc's via extra objects and decorations more accurately.
    • Setuping directly safe zone, movable and unmovable area? Or will be required to "paint" bmp?
    • Weather settings / effects?
    • "Sky" changer inside the tool / importing our own or pre-set?


    What is currently in the tool?
    Like or Rep is the best way to show appreciation!
    -//- [Section Rules] -//- [Help] -//- [Tutorials] -//- [Releases] -//-
    -//- [Development] -//-


  3. #3
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Augis24 View Post
    • Will it be possible to import various models into the tool?
    • Models placing by coordinates or atleast coordinates shown? That way would be easier to add things such as npc's via extra objects and decorations more accurately.
    • Setuping directly safe zone, movable and unmovable area? Or will be required to "paint" bmp?
    • Weather settings / effects?
    • "Sky" changer inside the tool / importing our own or pre-set?


    What is currently in the tool?
    1 yes
    2 Models placing like in game minecraft you will have list of you models and placing its in the game
    3 safe zone, movable and unmovable area-I have not tried to do it now
    4 you can do clouds model+animation+alpha channel himself/effects-its good idea-I think about how to implement it
    5 sky changer-its more convenient do in fotoshop(but it is possible do program which will make changes to the file and every time you change locations-program randomly changes the path to the file with the sky)
    At the moment in the tool-creating a visual landscape,coloring map right on it,tested visual alignment models,creating a height map

  4. #4
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! golddragooon is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    Far Far AwayLocation
    350Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Really unique feature. From all this info sounds impossible xD But keep it up hope that you can make all u got in plans!


  5. #5
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Quote Originally Posted by golddragooon View Post
    Really unique feature. From all this info sounds impossible xD But keep it up hope that you can make all u got in plans!
    Not so hard to do it-Many simply do not want to parse files and understand how they work

  6. #6
    Cya nerds PunkS7yle is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    1,411Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps



    This is some old stuff Yamachi wrote a long time ago, so it's definitely possible. Just wish we saw some pics of the progress and not just words to believe it.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member w3rnis is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    163Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkS7yle View Post


    This is some old stuff Yamachi wrote a long time ago, so it's definitely possible. Just wish we saw some pics of the progress and not just words to believe it.
    Nice :o

  8. #8
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    who can tell about the textures?-when I change the landscape,one layer of texture is not displayed.I showed in the video an exemplary process map making+the launch of the visual arrangement of models.All models data will be saved in the file and importing into mcl file by one click. https://youtu.be/MQI8stBZ5Z0

  9. #9
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Working with landscape over.Now we are working on the fast placement of textures on the map.https://youtu.be/Wk8BM81Ro54

  10. #10
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Last edited by chachuy25; 19-11-16 at 11:25 AM.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member w3rnis is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    163Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Good job :)

  12. #12
    .:[5kR1p7 k1dd13]:. x30unlimited is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    365Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Quote Originally Posted by chachuy25 View Post
    did ya also code the editor from scratch ? or just the converter ? :P
    X

  13. #13
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Quote Originally Posted by x30unlimited View Post
    did ya also code the editor from scratch ? or just the converter ? :P
    editor wrote in unity3d-converter wrote on c#

  14. #14
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! AzureSensei is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    f451Location
    244Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Finally, an actual work being done in a long time!

    Amazing thing Dude!

    Out of curiosity: planning to share it? sell it? trade it?

    P.S. Would you be able to show, how does the inside of the map looks like? As in live in-game?
    Like or Rep is the best way to show appreciation!
    -//- [Section Rules] -//- [Help] -//- [Tutorials] -//- [Releases] -//-
    -//- [Development] -//-


  15. #15
    Hardcore Member chachuy25 is offline
    MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    139Posts

    Re: Quickly creating new maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Augis24 View Post
    Finally, an actual work being done in a long time!

    Amazing thing Dude!

    Out of curiosity: planning to share it? sell it? trade it?

    P.S. Would you be able to show, how does the inside of the map looks like? As in live in-game?
    I am planning share visual alignment models editor with some models(about 100)+2-3 landscape-you will put the models on the map-and send my file and i convert it for .mcl file

    - - - Updated - - -

    If everything will be ok-I plan to do a visual effects editor.one drawback, I have little free time.



Advertisement