Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server start problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi. im have a little problem when starting cabal server.im use Centos 5.4.im installed server files but this text appear after config my server:

"Starting GlobalDBAgent: GlobalDBAgent: error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
Starting GlobalMgrSvr: GlobalMgrSvr: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
Starting CashDBAgent: CashDBAgent: error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
Starting DBAgent_01: DBAgent_01: error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
Starting ChatNode_01: ChatNode_01: error while loading shared libraries: libACE.so.5.5.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
Starting WorldSvr_01_01: WorldSvr_01_01: error while loading shared libraries: libACE.so.5.5.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
Starting LoginSvr_01: LoginSvr_01: error while loading shared libraries: libACE.so.5.5.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]
"

anyone can help me? thanks in advance :drool::drool::drool:

and sorry for my bad english :blushing:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am no pro...yet, still learning it all...but

in my opinion it seems to look like you messed up while installing the server files via chmod 0777 ./cabal_install.sh

Have you tried re-installing?
If u are not using centos 4 press no at the part where it says you installing on centos4.x

Curious, whats your setup?
Is everything on the same pc? two pcs?

Ill give it a shot at helping you out

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im have 1pc. i want make it test server. im use "chmod 0777". oh im tried reinstall... now i download centos4.7.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you have the libraries installed, simply set an symbolic link for the missing filesnames.
The error occurs on Centos 5.x and above because it comes with newer version of the libraries.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
buddy how you fixed this? i got same error? would love if you can guide me.

I am no pro...yet, still learning it all...but

in my opinion it seems to look like you messed up while installing the server files via chmod 0777 ./cabal_install.sh

Have you tried re-installing?
If u are not using centos 4 press no at the part where it says you installing on centos4.x

Curious, whats your setup?
Is everything on the same pc? two pcs?

Ill give it a shot at helping you out

i have same error. can you give me the repack you using? i cant see the cabal logs because when i go to var/log/ i dont see cabal folder.. please help me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey bud, I been away from the forum for a bit but now im back and getting into it again. I recommend checking out Chumpys collection as he has detailed guides on the installation.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/collection-545201/

GL

buddy how you fixed this? i got same error? would love if you can guide me.

i have same error. can you give me the repack you using? i cant see the cabal logs because when i go to var/log/ i dont see cabal folder.. please help me.

Back