Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up CABAL Server in 2 Virtual Machines

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good day! After finally figuring out that I can't make a CABAL Online Website for free, I decided to set it up offline. :laugh: Here is the specifications of my spare PC:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 @ 3.3 GHz
RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz
Video Card: GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 256-Bit

Setup:
Connected to a Router.
System - Windows 8.1 Enterprise (64-Bit)
VM1 - Windows 7 Home Basic (64-Bit) - Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 (With Database Restored) (Firewall Turned Off) (No UAC)
  • 1024MB RAM
  • 1 Logical Processor
VM2 - CentOS 5.8
  • 2048MB RAM
  • 2 Logical Processors

Here what I did:

1. Installed MSSQL 2008 R2 on VM1 and Restore Database
Changes:
  • LinkedServer = DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=SQLDatabase;UID=;PWD=;
    Not localhost, for this is not working. So I try to use my PC's name.
  • When I login, I use the username of my PC, instead of MSSQLSERVER. Like, SQLDatabase; Username: sa; Password: root123. It won't connect if I use the MSSQLSERVER.
2. Installed CentOS 5.8 on VM2 and updated via 'yum update'. Firewall turned off.
3. Downloaded the Fallen CABAL Server Files and Client.
4. Uploaded the Server Files to CentOS.
5. Extract the Client.
6. Patched with CabalMain.rar to use Internal.txt <- Edited with CentOS IP.

But then, when I open the start-cabal.bat, the XTrap won't update leaving me with error. Another thing, when I use the SERVICE CABAL START. The ChatNode_01, etc. always stop. Even when I manually turn it on. Please help me. Thanks!

Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
rm /var/log/cabal/*
service cabal restart
and then copy the logs from /var/log/cabal/
pack, and upload.
post link here.
And wait for help :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is no need to use 2 VM's, specially not on pc that has 4gb of ram. If you want to host it localy only 1 VM is enough for a centos. Linked servers are not needed with ep8 files. Also xtrap BR not longer exsist and thats a reason behind those errors. Basicly you got 3 options, block xtrap in hosts, swap the the strings in cabalmain or make your own xtrap string. If you just started with cabal, option 1 will do the work. Also mine suggestion is to stick with the default ep8 files and start from there, specially if its your first time dealing with cabal files. Ppl tend to do various custom stuff in their repacks and if you dont know whats actually changed it will cause you problems like you have. Same goes for a database.

Back