Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TIP] add items to inventory

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WARNING gm tools does the same!

i searched but didn`t find anything which would help my to add items to my character inventory, maybe i am blind but still i created a simple sql query.

Code:
/****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.cabal_tools_additem    Script Date: 2008.07.10  ******/
/****** Copyright (c) ZeRo                                                                                               *****/

create procedure [dbo].[cabal_tools_additem ] (@charid int, @itemid int, @itemopt int, @slot int)
as
begin
  SET NOCOUNT ON

declare @data varbinary(4096)
select
  @data = A.data 
FROM
  cabal_inventory_table A
WHERE
  A.characteridx =@charid

set @data = @data +
    dbo.wordtobin(@itemid) + 
    dbo.int2bin(0) + 
    dbo.int2bin(@itemopt) +
    dbo.wordtobin(@slot) +
    dbo.int2bin(0)

UPDATE
  dbo.cabal_inventory_table
SET
  data = @data
WHERE
  characteridx = @charid

SET NOCOUNT OFF  
end
GO

1. first of all, open your mssql enterprise manager.
2. select database GAMEDB
3. On "Stored procedures" right click -> "New stored procedure..."
4. Paste the code (overwriting everything that is in text area)
5. Hit Ok. All done

Usage:
1. Open "SQL query analyzer" (from mssql enterprise manager TOOLS-> sql query analyzer)
2. Select Dd "GAMEDB"
3. in text area write: exec dbo.cabal_tools_additem character_id, item_id, item_opt, place_in_inventory

for example exec dbo.cabal_tools_additem 2, 3, 5, 12

that will add lvl1 healing potion (id = 3) quantity of 5 (itemOpt = 5) to character no 2, in 12 square in inventory ;)

to see what character id u need to add look at db GAMEDB : table cabal_character_table : field characteridx ;) of character u want to add item to

one problem is when u add an item to your ch inventory, u need to rejoin the channel (esc -> select character) and after that u will see your added item, but i will try to fix it (and added item will apear instantly in inventory)

Hope it will be usefull to someone. Sorry for my bad English ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx a lot man.

Trying to edit your procedure for add item in the page 4 of the Wharehouse account :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
post changes if u succeed, so everyone could use it ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it will be nice, when it will auto refresh the inventory after adding an item. Now its just better then nothing ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well when i used gm tools not one item appeared to my inventory :) or as i said i was blind or dont know where to look for that item ;) , so made this script, and it adds items to me ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically does the same then.
The "Gm Tools" takes the item to appear but if you change your character appears immediately

Ohh its the same then i didn`t figure it out in time :) thanks darkxl.

And everyone just ignore this ;)

Back