Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I will re-download just to seed here after a few things finish.

Also - I cant remember. but what file is "broken" and needs to be changed before you can use addons in pwAdmin?

None, pwAdmin works right out of the box.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a server with a working version of the 146 included in this package, and while testing some dungeons, i found something odd/buggy with Twilight Temple:
When you start a Act 1: Requiem of the wraiths, 1-3 (Substancia) in squad mode, with bosses in HIGH MODE and mobs in MEDIUM MODE, the bosses that are supposed to appear in HIGH MODE, (Vipenalt and Soul Banisher) are not there

For reference:

I tried this a couple of times, and killed all the other Bosses first and also the mobs, to test that out, but the other two bosses continue to be missing.
The same happens in TT 1-2 (Dimensic).

It seems as if its not taking into account the HIGH MODE option (which i completely made certain i was choosing).
I am not doing something important/basic, or is it a bug of this package?

Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A quick question - sTASKedit that will work with the 146 version of this package?

Using the one I found, loading in the 146 client tasks.data seems to imply it's tasks.data v105.
BUT then why the warning when I load it saying it doesn't recommend exporting to higher versions?
Will it work or not?

Apologies in advance if this is a silly or been asked 1001 times before.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a server with a working version of the 146 included in this package, and while testing some dungeons, i found something odd/buggy with Twilight Temple:
When you start a Act 1: Requiem of the wraiths, 1-3 (Substancia) in squad mode, with bosses in HIGH MODE and mobs in MEDIUM MODE, the bosses that are supposed to appear in HIGH MODE, (Vipenalt and Soul Banisher) are not there

For reference:

I tried this a couple of times, and killed all the other Bosses first and also the mobs, to test that out, but the other two bosses continue to be missing.
The same happens in TT 1-2 (Dimensic).

It seems as if its not taking into account the HIGH MODE option (which i completely made certain i was choosing).
I am not doing something important/basic, or is it a bug of this package?

Thanks!

Since 136 is my personal favorite version, any and all other versions haven't received much if any real attention from me. So any 'bugs' or 'problems' with say 146 from my package are likely to be prevalent in the other 146 releases around here (that's ultimately where the one in this package came from, just all set up and ready to run, with a simple installer)... This also means they have no priority for me to 'fix' them either, as where any 'bugs' with 136 I do try my best to resolve and release an update/new package for...

Hope this helps :wink:

A quick question - sTASKedit that will work with the 146 version of this package?

Using the one I found, loading in the 146 client tasks.data seems to imply it's tasks.data v105.
BUT then why the warning when I load it saying it doesn't recommend exporting to higher versions?
Will it work or not?

Apologies in advance if this is a silly or been asked 1001 times before.

Thanks in advance.

Yes there is a sTASKeditor that will work with 146 in pw_dev.iso. If I recall correctly you will want to use the one in /pw_dev/pwtools-bin/sTASKedit/ (NOT the one in /pw_dev/sTASKedit/ - that's for 136).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since 136 is my personal favorite version, any and all other versions haven't received much if any real attention from me. So any 'bugs' or 'problems' with say 146 from my package are likely to be prevalent in the other 146 releases around here (that's ultimately where the one in this package came from, just all set up and ready to run, with a simple installer)... This also means they have no priority for me to 'fix' them either, as where any 'bugs' with 136 I do try my best to resolve and release an update/new package for...

Yes there is a sTASKeditor that will work with 146 in pw_dev.iso. If I recall correctly you will want to use the one in /pw_dev/pwtools-bin/sTASKedit/ (NOT the one in /pw_dev/sTASKedit/ - that's for 136).

well i want to ask question , how can you make your server public question ? if you dont want to explain just give me the link that help me out , any little help will be good ty

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check out my networking 101 tut (136 section) :wink:

i guess you meant this page http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/absolute-basics-networking-tcp-ip-709746/
ty for help but i have another question i have installed vmware workstation 10 and for some reason when i run ubuntu server
i run bridged connection to my wireless which suppose to work like virtual box but i have uninstalled it ofc to install vmware
and the result i get no connection to internet at all
for example
sudo apt-get update -----> gains error messages instead of connecting to ipaddress of ubuntu it just stays 0% then gives error message for ubuntu security
do you have any solution ?
i heard vmware workstation such for all who use it at bridged wireless connection
i have router ofc so i want to know any solution for this
sorry for bother but i will be glad for any help
ty...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
i guess you meant this page http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/absolute-basics-networking-tcp-ip-709746/
ty for help but i have another question i have installed vmware workstation 10 and for some reason when i run ubuntu server
i run bridged connection to my wireless which suppose to work like virtual box but i have uninstalled it ofc to install vmware
and the result i get no connection to internet at all
for example
sudo apt-get update -----> gains error messages instead of connecting to ipaddress of ubuntu it just stays 0% then gives error message for ubuntu security
do you have any solution ?
i heard vmware workstation such for all who use it at bridged wireless connection
i have router ofc so i want to know any solution for this
sorry for bother but i will be glad for any help
ty...

1. Do ifconfig see if you actually get an IP assign'ed
2. Check if your virusscanner is running, i've had it before that the virusscanner is blocking the update proces and it went fine when i disabled the antivirus.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Do ifconfig see if you actually get an IP assign'ed
2. Check if your virusscanner is running, i've had it before that the virusscanner is blocking the update proces and it went fine when i disabled the antivirus.

my antivirus is avg type i have disabled it and nothing is working

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
try to check "replicate network status" on vmware network configuration

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i found out the reason
when i was disabling my avg anti virus i wasnt doing the same for firewall
so the issue here was from firewall because avg was blocking firewall
when i disabled firewall of avg all are working
do you have solution that i dont have to disable avg firewall and at the same it doesn't block connections ? this is weird even tho it works fine with oracle virtual box when i leave avg block firewall i think i gonna do some tests until i make like rule or something that prevent avg from touching vmware lol

i believe that i have to re install avg and uncheck firewall from package of avg setup and i guess that worked but does that mean i will be facing threats for having win7 firewall w.o antivirus firewall protection?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lordmegamanx72, are you sure you can't have AVG and firewall running, and just enable the ports like you can with other firewalls? (I don't use avg so I can't say how yours will be configured). See the first post for the list of ports to open - eg port 29000.

Also, you mentioned running apt-get update from the ubuntu command line. You don't have to run this to get the server working, but the fact that it doesn't work means you don't have networking working inside ubuntu.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lordmegamanx72, are you sure you can't have AVG and firewall running, and just enable the ports like you can with other firewalls? (I don't use avg so I can't say how yours will be configured). See the first post for the list of ports to open - eg port 29000.

Also, you mentioned running apt-get update from the ubuntu command line. You don't have to run this to get the server working, but the fact that it doesn't work means you don't have networking working inside ubuntu.
well i had tried to add rule for ports , checked allow traffic to virtual box and nothing was working
when i disable firewall totally it works perfectly
in all cases after i have seen i said to my self it avg firewall sucks it might be blocking more programs or connections or ports so i said imma get rid of it and just get the normal firewall of win 7 by re installing avg and unchecking firewall
so this doesnt mean i dont have firewall , i have but i just installed anti virus for indenity , email , pc protections and the rest except firewall
since avg doesnt let u control firewall and it gives permissions by it self or block whatever it likes i had to get rid of it to have full control of firewall
so i was asking , is windows 7 firewall needs to be provided by antivirus's protection pretty ? will i be under threats if i only stay with windows 7 firewall only ? that is my question but for me i dont think so because i was using avira in the past which protects pc only non browsing and emails protections and it is weaker than avg in these protections so i said avg will be just good w.o firewall installed of it is package

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok, fair enough, then i have a couple of questions:
1- Does this mean that this doesn't happen at all in 136?
2- How is your priority list currently? i mean, is there a chance that you might ever fix this, in say, 1 month/3 months/6 months/1 year? or was that an euphemism to say go find another way to fix it?
3- Say that i want to fix it (i've never fixed anything from scratch), what would you sugest me doing/reading/trying? you are MUCH more experienced in this than i, so, what does your gut tell you this bug is comming from?

Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2- How is your priority list currently? i mean, is there a chance that you might ever fix this, in say, 1 month/3 months/6 months/1 year? or was that an euphemism to say go find another way to fix it?
3- Say that i want to fix it (i've never fixed anything from scratch), what would you sugest me doing/reading/trying? you are MUCH more experienced in this than i, so, what does your gut tell you this bug is comming from?

Thanks!
Just to answer the third question , i am here from many years and ive been using 343's release since it first got released and belive me he did one of the best job ever with the 1.3.6 (i still prefer the old release because it is simple to set up and works perfect).
What 343 did to his 1.3.6 was to check everything from scrath and fix and fix every bug so that you , me and any other users that would use it to have small amount of errors (close to 0 lol)
So , for you to fix it , it would mean to test everything , fix everything that is wrong , and do this by asking the lowest amount of questions possible and start to do it your own way , of course that this would mean a lot of work.
----------------------------------------------------------------
About the network problem you must keep in mind that it matters a lot what isp you have.
To make sure that your computer or any other programs do not affect in any way the Virtual box simply do a fast windows reinstall (no need to format hard) and try to set up the ubuntu then if the problem persists it might be because of your internet service provider.
You should check the selected network for bridged to which adapter is set on.
Also you could try VMWare and see if you have the same problem.
Networking can be tricky until you figure out what is blocking it.
The methods that i posted should give you some clues to an restricted numbers of errors which could cause your problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are using Vmware, or even virtual box, like a pre-configured image, you always have to update the mac address of the copied image..

If you don't have any networking on either, try something like this..

For centos, once you can connect to the net, bridged or whatever, do yum install system-config-network-tui then you can use this to set a static IP pretty easy. For ubunut, I have no idea if anything like this exists..

or for Ubuntu

I never use Ubuntu, but this is probably a similar issue that you are having..

Reaction score

Thanks!

First things I'd check, npcgen and aipolicy... We were talking about a creature spawning issue right? Yea, first things I'd check would be NPCGEN, AIPOLICY... Narrowing down the list of the things that could potentially effect creature 'spawning'.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First things I'd check, npcgen and aipolicy... We were talking about a creature spawning issue right? Yea, first things I'd check would be NPCGEN, AIPOLICY... Narrowing down the list of the things that could potentially effect creature 'spawning'.

Ok, thanks, i'll give it a try when i have some spare time and see how it turns out. If i find any fixes, i'll report them back here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got everything set up properly (I think) but the game crashes after I choose my character and try to enter the game world, does anyone know why this might be?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how can i make my server public ? will someone answer that ? yea none
just simply i need like little guide
not explanation over ipaddress and such http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/absolute-basics-networking-tcp-ip-709746/
if you really want to help people then stop complaining and help them by telling just one clear answer
yea i know that isn't your fault but don' t start topic of sort thing called *pw server * and let people hesitate to you to know how to make it then you disappoint them with saying we have said it already at section or sort of that
what is the problem if you say it over and over , will your finger kill you if you type something on keyboard ?
sorry about bother but i feel disappointed at ragezone and if you want to correct my opinion
go for it and help if not
then i am out of ragezone

Back