Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
I edited ptemplate.conf for double drops and also edited aa1.jsp to make a server announcement.
The announcement gets read automatically at the next system message time, but it needed a restart to make ptemplate.conf be read.

Is there any command line to get the server to reload ptemplate.conf without a restart?

Thanks in advance.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how can we create update patch ? tried all possible ways but i couldnt understand wiki tools explanation clearly maybe if someone tell me in short steps i will understand and i will be glad for help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just want to understand this stuff
i want to update through my own patcher to other clients patchers like sending them my own client's update and latest data that i did couldnt understand a word from that wiki
all what i did kept watching it is own pictures over 2 or 3 days ago hahahahahaha
explanation there wasnt clear at all
i understood the following
drag the directory to spatcher to create xcup file and create directory in server * where i dont know should i put it * and make it look like the directory of client which i dont get it at all
see i am confusing my self
i want clear explanation if u can help
with short steps like 1- put that , 2-delete that , 3-see that i hope that i dont bother but if u were in my place and u would be first time seeing new files extention or something like that you would need explanation like easy guide to put create etc

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright i have done all the steps even i got link, put it into serverupdate and made port forward for it so i dont block connection
made sure that are all file versions the same
now i get error called patch update error like in that link you have sent the pictures that tell select update server error
is there any solution for this ?
searched in the whole ragezone and google lol

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Spatcher can't update .pck files if im not wrong I tried it and got corrupted .pcks

So far cpw works half half for me I think I just have some minor error that I havnt found yet

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well you can atleast do udate patch for me i can't even connect to patch update
i get always error message says selection the update patch please error
i hope someone can help with that

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SO ive follow your steps to the letter and everything appears fine except the Cash store is not available is doesnt even show an icon for it and the keyboard shortcut doesnt work, im running v136 so it doesnt have tideborn or assasins or anything just the humans animals and elfs

Any ideas what ive missed?

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
SO ive follow your steps to the letter and everything appears fine except the Cash store is not available is doesnt even show an icon for it and the keyboard shortcut doesnt work, im running v136 so it doesnt have tideborn or assasins or anything just the humans animals and elfs

Any ideas what ive missed?

You don't have a gshop or gshop1 on server/client side thats why the icon doesn't show up

keep in mind:

gshop and gshop1 = client side
gshopsev and gshopsev1 = server side

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
NVM I think i fixed it but I cannot find this Gshop tool the internet is going on about to use to edit the gshop files, they all seem to be hosted on a site that no longer works

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dear 343,

Thank you for a fantastic pw package, in my opinion it is the best one released.

I do apologize, but I had to modify your install scripts, because the install of ubuntu 12.04.3 is no longer possible, as it will auto update it self to 12.04.5 due to security reasons (according to ubuntu's staff).
I did change the "test for ubuntu 12.04.3" to "test for ubuntu 12.04.5".

I have a question for you, I need to open pwAdmin to wan, I know this is not "so" safe, but I just need it, to have my friends using the pwAdmin from another ips. Where is this "firewall" ?

Again, thank you for releasing this great package.
You got yourself another seeder. ^_^

Reaction score
Dear 343,

Thank you for a fantastic pw package, in my opinion it is the best one released.

I do apologize, but I had to modify your install scripts, because the install of ubuntu 12.04.3 is no longer possible, as it will auto update it self to 12.04.5 due to security reasons (according to ubuntu's staff).
I did change the "test for ubuntu 12.04.3" to "test for ubuntu 12.04.5".

I have a question for you, I need to open pwAdmin to wan, I know this is not "so" safe, but I just need it, to have my friends using the pwAdmin from another ips. Where is this "firewall" ?

Again, thank you for releasing this great package.
You got yourself another seeder. ^_^

I include 12.04.3 with the bundle for such reason. Although I don't know about any "auto updating" because I've designed this entire package to be install friendly even for those installations where NO internet connection even exists (which is why I went through such lengths to include EVERYTHING {ie: ia32-libs}), so, if 12.04.3 indeed does "auto update" itself - I would suggest (for others anyway since you seem to have done modifications without problem), I would suggest to install 12.04.3 with your network cable NOT plugged in, THEN install this package. THEN you could always allow it to 'update' itself after that (for most people THAT would be easier than messing around with my installation :wink:)... Continuing right along... ... ...

I still would NOT recommend opening pwAdmin to ALL of "public" WAN. What you can do is add individual IP's that would be allowed, or even IP "pools" - I used Tomcat "valve" to accomplish this... You're a pretty smart man - look at context.xml in each tomcat plugins META-INF :wink: You'll figure it out, then you don't have to just open it completely to "any" address or "anyone", you can set specific IP's or IP "pools" that WILL be allowed access (white list), ALL others will be DENIED... That's the safest way to do that! (oh and thinking about it I wouldn't doubt 12.04.3 may "auto update" itself [also depending on your settings when you installed {such as "use landscape to manage" "auto update" or "NO updates"} because of that major SSH vulnerability that was found (what was that labled, heartbleed or some poop?)...

Any way, glad you like the package. There actually is ONE small known bug that I will be re-releasing this package soon (can't craft on v136 due to a small server side elements data error >.<) Not only am I a really busy chap, but I like to think I should allow a little more time before fixing stuff, because god only knows my luck, I'll fix it, push out the "update" THEN something ELSE will be found. So, soon enough. If you fav. 136 like me, you can look around here to find the (rather easy) fix, so you could fix it yourself in the meantime. But me being a perfectionist I WILL update the entire package (even for something so small)...

Have fun, there's really SO much TO this package, it's a culmination of my work, and really everyone around RZ's "work" since about 2009!!! So this package is well around 6 years worth of work! (lots and lots of "easter eggs" too :wink:)

Back