Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're using the newest version of the release, as stupid as it is going to sound, run the service pwversion. Because this (newest) release utilizes redundant copies of pwAdmin (internally) running "service pwversion" will copy over a fresh (and un-touched) copy of pwAdmin (to the "working dir").

If that doesn't resolve it - then it is something a little more involved... ... ...
run the service pwversion?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where is says " only do once " is that per install? EG, 136, 131 then 146? Or is it only once total?

And Does installing next version auto update all files?

How does one update to 1.5.1? Will installing 151 files auto update it? How exactly does one tweak the files? Do I need a hex reader? Or any other program? And Does pwAdmin update for all as well?

When editing Gshop, how does Client side differ from server side? or are they the same?

Well, tried all the G Shop editing tools in package, none work. None link with pwdatabase and none will save any info. Only 1 actually loaded on win 8. will try in a linux vbox tomoz....

On Side note, anyone have a working Gshop editor and G Shop server maker? Like the one in the package? For 1.5.1 as well as others? Also if they will work in windows or only in linux? currently going through Killers thread and will start on others tomoz :(

Last edited:
In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"How does one update to 1.5.1? Will installing 151 files auto update it?"
simply install it (every server uses they own folders, example ; 151 uses PWServer151 , 136 uses PWServer136.. and so on)

"When editing Gshop, how does Client side differ from server side? or are they the same?"
client and server uses different gshops, client side saves text,descriptions, id, values, etc
server side only saves id and values
343 package dont have 151 editor, you must dowload the lastest one from
and you use the safe function client for client and server for server
gshop editor works on windows

about the hex thing.. i dont get what you mean

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where is says " only do once " is that per install? EG, 136, 131 then 146? Or is it only once total?

And Does installing next version auto update all files?

How does one update to 1.5.1? Will installing 151 files auto update it? How exactly does one tweak the files? Do I need a hex reader? Or any other program? And Does pwAdmin update for all as well?

When editing Gshop, how does Client side differ from server side? or are they the same?

Well, tried all the G Shop editing tools in package, none work. None link with pwdatabase and none will save any info. Only 1 actually loaded on win 8. will try in a linux vbox tomoz....

On Side note, anyone have a working Gshop editor and G Shop server maker? Like the one in the package? For 1.5.1 as well as others? Also if they will work in windows or only in linux? currently going through Killers thread and will start on others tomoz :(

1. Lets say u want 146 server running for ur desire PW, all you need is 136 then 146.. skip 131, u dont need them.. unless u want them all-in-1, install everything in the release, but u can only run 1 server at the time.

2. Yes, its auto-update on server files. Lets make an example, the 1st server you have to install is 136, and then 146.. the server files will be 146 when u runs it. unless u want to run 136 after installing 146, u have to start 136 manually by linux command (unless someone else knows more efficient way than what I just told u)

3. About tweaking the files, u mean overpowered stats like this?
REMOVED
If u does, u dont have to edit element.data or update server or anything.. All u need is "itemhexgen" google it, there's a lot of way for you to download, or u can use hexgen included in 343 release (from the pw_dev.iso). u just have to edit XML in pwAdmin, how to do it? search this thread, there's so many answers in this thread about XML hex editing.

4 and 5. What Caosfox said.. XD

6. Yes I do have the working gshop for 146, not 151 (Im not sure if it does working for 151, but my gshop works really well with 146 by 343). And like Caosfox said, it works on windows, that included the gshop editor prepared by 343 in his release, u just have to try every single 1 of them which does works for u, in my case "GShop Editor 144 v2" works like a charm.

This is my current gshop = - Credit thanks to Coldwin
This gshop is the exact PWI gshop, so yeah, no mold or "hard-to-get" gear mats u can get from this gshop, my suggestion would be, edit them urself. ^_^

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
6. Yes I do have the working gshop for 146, not 151 (Im not sure if it does working for 151, but my gshop works really well with 146 by 343). And like Caosfox said, it works on windows, that included the gshop editor prepared by 343 in his release, u just have to try every single 1 of them which does works for u, in my case "GShop Editor 144 v2" works like a charm.

Gshop isn't hard once you know how to work with it. Gshop editors are overall the same except for the one that is from <1.3.6 from 1.4.4+ they all use the same editor as i use the current Gshop program that i have already for various versions of the game (1.45 and above).

You just have to make sure that you make the client gshop into server sided gshop nothing more nothing less.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I am not new here I just cant remember the login to my old account and I need some info. My greatest apologies if it has been answered and I missed it somewhere in my searches but I previously had a server running on the old 136 package I am looking to install the new one. I noticed the boutique has been taken out. My question is if I install just the 136 version is it still there and in the new one have the boutique items been added as shop items somewhere or the system been adjusted for game game play without it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I am not new here I just cant remember the login to my old account and I need some info. My greatest apologies if it has been answered and I missed it somewhere in my searches but I previously had a server running on the old 136 package I am looking to install the new one. I noticed the boutique has been taken out. My question is if I install just the 136 version is it still there and in the new one have the boutique items been added as shop items somewhere or the system been adjusted for game game play without it?

If u have the old 136 client which the 1 that have working gshop, copy the gshop.data from it, paste it somewhere. And then u are good to go for installing the new 136 server and client. With the gshop.data u copied earlier, open GShop editor to save the data into gshopsev.data. After u're done, get them both to ur client and u're server, and u should good to go with a working gshop like the old 136.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man thats helpful I should still have it ive got a backup of my old server speaking of which i am trying to dl the old client off of 4 shared for archival purposes in case it comes in handy for someone here it keeps downloading it as a .001 then telling me the file is damaged is that normal are the old links broken now?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man thats helpful I should still have it ive got a backup of my old server speaking of which i am trying to dl the old client off of 4 shared for archival purposes in case it comes in handy for someone here it keeps downloading it as a .001 then telling me the file is damaged is that normal are the old links broken now?

The old links works just fine for me. .001 means they're split file. You need to download whole of them and extract into 1 file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry I just answered my own question I feel like an idiot .. I had to figure this out before too and forgot

Yeah it happened last time too i got all the files then couldnt combine them cause i forgot how 7zip splits them .. I googled my old user name and remembered i asked the same question back then lol thanks for all your help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok so one last question I decided to resetup my old server just to salvage some data I wanted. I have everything uploaded again but I cant seem to remember how to do the step for installing lammp and the sql dbs anymore. If anyone remembers how to do this please let me know,. Seems that part is left out of the old post now.

Ok scratch that I got that figured out now I am getting a permission denied error on the start.sh files for tomcat i have ch modded them but they still wont run everything starts but tomcat

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok so one last question I decided to resetup my old server just to salvage some data I wanted. I have everything uploaded again but I cant seem to remember how to do the step for installing lammp and the sql dbs anymore. If anyone remembers how to do this please let me know,. Seems that part is left out of the old post now.

Ok scratch that I got that figured out now I am getting a permission denied error on the start.sh files for tomcat i have ch modded them but they still wont run everything starts but tomcat

If ur looking for how the old 136 installation does, the youtube link still there. Check the 2nd post by 343 in this thread, there's a video guide link in that post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any idea how to fixed this? I've been trying to even using the most complex name yet still failed.. like "pw8v7d1bk" as a name, yet still cant creating a new char. And some of the account cant create at all, tried with the phpmyadmin.. but kinda lost what Im doing, all I did managed is reach the dbo and checking the char existed in db..
REMOVED

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have absolutely no clue if this will help as I got kicked off before I got to the point of editing character names. But here is the original work I did on names definitions and lengths back before the army took my dev time from me. http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/change-allowed-length-registration-mails-815755/?COLLCC=134344488 if someone else doesn't pick this up I intend to delv back into how the names for the characters work once I am operational again. Btw I am the guy you helped before after days of digging I finally managed to get back into my account.

Oh additionally do a db repair in php my admin if youve edited tables make sure its no corrupting them.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Any idea how to fixed this? I've been trying to even using the most complex name yet still failed.. like "pw8v7d1bk" as a name, yet still cant creating a new char. And some of the account cant create at all, tried with the phpmyadmin.. but kinda lost what Im doing, all I did managed is reach the dbo and checking the char existed in db..
REMOVED

Wipe ur database and i don't think you can include numbers in your Character name by default.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have absolutely no clue if this will help as I got kicked off before I got to the point of editing character names. But here is the original work I did on names definitions and lengths back before the army took my dev time from me. http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/change-allowed-length-registration-mails-815755/?COLLCC=134344488 if someone else doesn't pick this up I intend to delv back into how the names for the characters work once I am operational again. Btw I am the guy you helped before after days of digging I finally managed to get back into my account.

Oh additionally do a db repair in php my admin if youve edited tables make sure its no corrupting them.

Well, the account registration is fine, nothing mess coming out from them. The problem is creating new characters.. its not disconnected gamedbd or whatever error, but instead, naming the character is becoming a problem. They keep showing "There is alrdy a char by this name" and when I checked the roles in phpmyadmin, there is no duplicating name. Even creating with a complex random name with numbers and alphabets, still the same mesg shown up, "There is alrdy a char by this name". So, any clue whats wrong? before I decide doing the clean install all over again (well I can do that though, problem is, Im asking because of my sense of curiosity if someone out there knows the way to fixed it, and in case its happening again, will just fixed it rather than losing everything that included time wasted).

Wipe ur database and i don't think you can include numbers in your Character name by default.

Got it, I think database been a total damaged after using the plugin in iWeb.. Send Mail.. and caused this problem. Lesson learned, had no choice but to make a total clean up, since trying to back up and replace in the clean install also dragging this mess. So the only option left for me is to do another total clean install and losing all the previous database. Hopefully someone can come up with the plugin problem "Send Mail", since its kinda good plugin for devs like sending a gift or something to players. Thanks again for helping.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I finally have this and I will be seeding for a long time. Now I havce a slight issue. I have a newer version of ubuntu and its the only one my host offers is it possible to make this run on it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am on 14.04 lts 64 bit

Oh an thank you so much for all the hardwork you did.

Or am I missing something and I can install the included version to my dedicated server?

I just attempted a mod to the installer myself I will let everyone know how it goes.

Hopefully somone can help me out I am still working on it and if I get it done ill post it but if someone already knows please let me know.

Yeah sorry guys I dunno I cant get it done either that or my server is tripping it keeps trying to update headers and just sitting there

Back