Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
MEGA limits the download after a specific ammount of GBs ...
Thats why maybe the question if there is any other way of it

Reaction score
MEGA limits the download after a specific ammount of GBs ...
Thats why maybe the question if there is any other way of it
if you registered user still have limit when you download?
honestly hard to find stable huge hosts what also free and you don't get deleted...

google with 15gb is far from enough, for me even 50gb for project isn't was enough big

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you registered user still have limit when you download?
honestly hard to find stable huge hosts what also free and you don't get deleted...

google with 15gb is far from enough, for me even 50gb for project isn't was enough big

you need to pay monthly to get away of that download limit..
and before that was introduced, i am glad i saved the whole archive on my external hdd

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to pay monthly to get away of that download limit..
and before that was introduced, i am glad i saved the whole archive on my external hdd

register with free id.. i think limit download by perday.. example perday 15GB.. Because i never get any Limit mega... Id free User.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well im back. been a couple years. but hot damn this is still a hot topic. holy shiat.

hopefully our seeders are still releasing the best release yet.. granted theres been new server leaks. all easy upgrades. got some editors to check out aka map editors and turrain editors and some other good stuff coming. awesome to see the community holds strong.

will message on updates to new stuff

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Glad to see a little life left in this project, I'm back too after a few years. Can't wait to get back into it. Miss playing pw and doing the behind the scenes work!

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
To be one-hundred percent honest, between: if Steve Langley finishes his map editor (to the extent that we can create brand new maps completely from scratch), and PWE possibly releasing a mobile client - I may indeed get more back into this poop again! We shall see!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is that project still alive? after seeing this: my jaw hit the floor. Didn't think anything like this would ever be possible when I started 5 years ago.

Edit: I just found this project and am happy to see it alive and well! I plan on giving this a test run soon!

Was just wondering, can I use the latest versions of vbox / ubuntu? Or do I have to use the specific versions you had selected when you released this package? the ubuntu version I have at this moment in time is 16.04.2-Server-amd64.iso. Will this one work or do I need the downgraded 12.whatever version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The version of VMWare should not matter - I know they're on v12 now... However the version of Ubuntu is VERY specific because I have it (the package) install ia32-libs "offline", so the version that is inside the package is *VERY* specific to that exact version of Ubuntu Linux. That's why the install 'script' I wrote tests for that explicit version of linux, and if it's not found - the install should 'fail'...

The goal of this package WAS to make it so that it was SO easy you could teach a first grader, or even a monkey how to install it. Which of course at the same time, an experienced individual should be able to dissect it to do pretty much whatever they want with it ;)

That being said, I know I may not have brought it up a lot but there is always the "--force" command flag that you can run that will bypass the version check, HOWEVER, please do note that "I CANNOT and WILL NOT support this" "whatsoever". This would CERTAINLY be for those who really know what they're doing without instruction or further assistance. That being said, if you run it (./install whatever) with the --force option, it WILL try to FORCE the installation of the package as it was intended for that specific version of Linux, just without checking for it (EX: it will attempt to install the version of ia32-libs that I have bundled with it). So this COULD very well produce a very unwanted outcome.

So depending on just how 'advanced' you (or anyone else) is, you could always "tear apart" the installation to just yank out the actual PW server files! ;) And I would probably actually recommend that, or of course just sticking with (I think it was) Ubuntu x64 12.04.3 - because (I poop you not) I tried it with (for example) 12.04.1 or 12.04.2 - and it did NOT work (the ia32-libs was probably the main factor in this since like I said, I included ia32-libs so that this package could even be installed WITHOUT an active internet connection IE for a LAN party)!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I take it the specificubuntu version only pertains to your release and not the other releases / new versions? I've got original beastie files that I might want to toy with and that's the reason I asked. :eek:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I accidently deleted a barbarian male template on PWadmin. Now I cant create a a barb anymore on in game character creation...
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi man, i want to try to setup my first ever pvt of perfect worl that would be my very first try to create a pvt just for me and my brother to play, my only question is, do i need a really good pc for this ? i wonder if i can do it in my laptop, 6 ram and 1 giga of video i dont remember the rest , is it really necessary to have a good pc ?

Reaction score
hi man, i want to try to setup my first ever pvt of perfect worl that would be my very first try to create a pvt just for me and my brother to play, my only question is, do i need a really good pc for this ? i wonder if i can do it in my laptop, 6 ram and 1 giga of video i dont remember the rest , is it really necessary to have a good pc ?

i guess version depend but with 1.4.2 i can tell my experience
maybe a vga with 128 mb is enough and if u want open only world map then 2gb ram minimum (512-768 for virtual box), of course minimal graphic settings and just world map.
if you have more ram and share 1.5gb with virtualbox then its around ~3-4 map can be open + world map.
more ram => more map (instance) can you open in pwAdmin.

i guess higher version eat maybe more ram.
(i tested with intel onboard vga, 2-4gb ram and dual core celeron 2.6ghz)

Reaction score
So, I take it the specificubuntu version only pertains to your release and not the other releases / new versions? I've got original beastie files that I might want to toy with and that's the reason I asked. :eek:

Correct, you could take just the PW files out of my release and use them on whatever other version or even flavor that you so desire... So long as you know what you're doing ;)

I accidently deleted a barbarian male template on PWadmin. Now I cant create a a barb anymore on in game character creation...
Does anyone know how to fix this?

clsconfig

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks dude, it's working again.

However, when my friends, or me try to connect to the registration page (via my public IP, or via 192.168.0.102) it says server: offline We also can't register accounts this way.

How would I go about fixing this?

Thanks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have done most everything in the video and I tried to use the site to log into my server and I am getting a time out error saying the site cannot be reached because it took too long to load. Is there any tips to helping me get this to work. 10:23 seconds into the video is what I am talking about.

Thank you in advance for any help you give me

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble myself, mostly to do with my ports, since switching to my new internet service provider I have 0 access to my ports. Kind of annoying to be perfectly honest.

Fixed my issues~ 343, <3 you. you're amazing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that this is potentially something incredibly simple but I have spent the last day and a half googling and reading through this thread to find an answer (I will admit I haven't made it all the way but after doing a site:http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/ search for my two current issues, I gave up reading through the thread). I have looked up VMWares help manual as well and re-downloaded the relevant files, currently no solutions so I am hoping someone can help!

When I first run the virtual machine, after selecting language and 'Install Ubuntu Server' I get a cmd-looking screen that constantly repeats segmentation fault, which points to a memory issue, however I have 16gb RAM and it is on a 1TB HDD that is less than 90% filled so I am unsure why this occurs. After a while it goes to the select a language screen.

The first of my two big issues is that in Detect and mount CD-ROM it comes up with 'Error while running 'modprobe -v usb-storage''. I can hit enter past that, but then my second issue is that it reaches 'Configuring the network with DHCP' and just freezes. I cannot work out what the issue is. I enabled vlan on the router itself but that didn't fix it, I temporarily shut off my anti-virus but that did nothing either. Am I missing something simple?

I am running windows 10, VMware 12.5 and have been following the video on the first page. I hope that is enough information to get some assistance.

Last edited:
Back