Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol for some reason the link in my signature didnt update let me fix it

There its all fixed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
permissions you need to give the folder those files are in the proper permissions so they can execute. Look in the link to my setup guide near the top of it I talk about how to chmod the folders properly. Once that is done it should work fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay I've run into an issue twice now and I really need some assistance troubleshooting to figure out what is causing it and how to remedy it.

On two different test servers now I have lost the ability to create new characters on any account seemingly randomly and out of nowhere. I cannot find any reason or cause for this to happen. I can create new accounts, and I can log into existing and new accounts just fine. Any existing characters on any account I can log in to just fine also. However, if I try to create a new character on any account, I am unable to do so. The system seems to hang momentarily and then gives me a time-out in-game. I must then log out.

The only error I can find in any logs that seems to relate is the following message in the /PWServer/146/logs/world2.err log:

gdeliveryd: err : gdelivery::createrole: userid=####, retcode=4

#### = the ID that I tried to create a new character on. Gives this same message for any account that tries to make a new account.

Why is this happening?? What the hell am I doing to cause this?

The only files I've ever modified on the server are gshopsev.data, tasks.data, /world/npcgen.data.

If someone could please help me track down what is going on I'd really appreciate it. I'm running 343's 146 release.

So far the only thing I've been able to do to get character creation back is to just wipe the server and start fresh. Luckily this has only happened to me on test servers so far. My one good main server I have going hasn't run into this issue so far, but I fear it is only time before it starts happening there too. I need to figure out what is causing this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ugh ... ok firstly what registration script are you using to create your accounts? Lets check the basic stuff first.

Usually when I have seen this error its because of a different hash being used to create the account than the system wants for instance my guide and when I am using myweb or hulu's panel to register accounts if the registration script is using the wrong hash it will cause stuff like this.

Though it could be a lot of stuff so you said you have another server thats up and running just fine? Do both of them use 343'a files and run on the recommended version of ubuntu?

Also a logical step would be to take a step back you said you edited your world data etc after you did it did you remember to restart the server? I have always had to restart it after messing with npcgen data. If that doesn't help restore the stock files and see if the server logs in if it does you prolly have an error in your npc or world data.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ugh ... ok firstly what registration script are you using to create your accounts? Lets check the basic stuff first.

Usually when I have seen this error its because of a different hash being used to create the account than the system wants for instance my guide and when I am using myweb or hulu's panel to register accounts if the registration script is using the wrong hash it will cause stuff like this.

Though it could be a lot of stuff so you said you have another server thats up and running just fine? Do both of them use 343'a files and run on the recommended version of ubuntu?

Also a logical step would be to take a step back you said you edited your world data etc after you did it did you remember to restart the server? I have always had to restart it after messing with npcgen data. If that doesn't help restore the stock files and see if the server logs in if it does you prolly have an error in your npc or world data.

I have already, as you suggested, put all bone stock files back in place (server and client side), shut the game server down, powered off the VBox, powered back up, restarted the server, and it still does the same thing.

Anyway, I am using the included pwAdmin that 343 has set up in his release. I use that to create accounts, add cubi-coin, etc.

The other server uses the exact same files/setup. Only difference is on that server I've left the tasks.data file stock and have only ever edited the GShop and npcgen.data world file.

Actually I haven't tried to create a new character on that other server in quite some time so I'm going to go attempt that real quick.. -pauses- ..okay yep I'm still able to create characters on that server. Checked and it does have one small minor modification to the tasks.data file. So the only modified files on any of these servers are just the ones I've already mentioned.

Using the same npcgen.data on all of them.

Regardless as I said I've put all stock files back in to place on the "broken" server, done a full restart, etc., and I still can't create new characters on any account. It's sitting now as it would after a fresh install. I just don't understand what suddenly could cause me to not be able to create characters, but I can create accounts and log into them just fine and log into already made characters just fine and play. For some reason it seams only making new characters is broken.

As I said this happened before on another test server and eventually got so frustrated I just wiped it. I searched here on RageZone and used google for days trying to figure out what the problem was and could find nothing. I found a few mention of other people having this problem but never any solutions or reasons. Now that it has happened again, I decided to finally make a post. Try to see if anyone has any ideas.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have never had it but I don't run 343's other than in a virtual machine to test for you guys. Only thing I could suggest by the errors and it's a long shot is try another registration script. There is a simple on in the 151 folder on my file server in my link. I wish I could be more help I spent a few hours on vm trying to make it do that.

I am very sorry I couldn't be of more help. Most of time is spent working with the version my 151 guide uses to improve it so sometimes 343's version just throws something at me I haven't seen. Please though if you figure out the issue repost the solution here so everyone has it. I will ask some people who know more about this release than me and see if I can get back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help. Perhaps someone else will chime in that has an idea of what is going on.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i may have figured it out can i get the rest of that log like the lines before it and after I need to check something

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i may have figured it out can i get the rest of that log like the lines before it and after I need to check something

That is actually all that is in the log. Any time I try to create a character, no matter what account i try it on, it just adds another line to the error log exactly like the last, only the ID number varying depending on which account I am logged in to. And that is all that is in the log.

Is there a known good functioning 1.4.5 release that is still available for download somewhere? I've searched and searched and of course have come across quite a few v145 server file downloads, but all that I come across are broken and dead links.

I've done a 1.4.5 site:forum.ragezone.com google search as well as 145 site:forum.ragezone.com google search and have explored every thread that comes up. Not a single one has working links that I can find.

I saw in multiple places 343 saying he planned to do a v145 add-on release for his package but apparently never did, instead opting for v146, which is sad.

I've explored the http://forum.ragezone.com/f754/v145-compiled-list-build-own-871924/ post but can't get anywhere there.

One of the server files links there is actually still active.. but after download it has bad CRCs for me.

Anyway so far I'm getting nowhere,.. but I'd really like to switch from v146 to v145. 146 has so much trash in it in my opinion.. nation wars, all the added and modified quests, among a bunch of other stuff.

So if anyone knows where I could download 145 server and client along with install instructions I'd really appreciate it. Sadly that thread by 343 I referred to doesn't provide any instruction, only a list of all you would need to get a 145 server running.

Reaction score
Is there a known good functioning 1.4.5 release that is still available for download somewhere? I've searched and searched and of course have come across quite a few v145 server file downloads, but all that I come across are broken and dead links.

I've done a 1.4.5 site:forum.ragezone.com google search as well as 145 site:forum.ragezone.com google search and have explored every thread that comes up. Not a single one has working links that I can find.

I saw in multiple places 343 saying he planned to do a v145 add-on release for his package but apparently never did, instead opting for v146, which is sad.

I've explored the http://forum.ragezone.com/f754/v145-compiled-list-build-own-871924/ post but can't get anywhere there.

One of the server files links there is actually still active.. but after download it has bad CRCs for me.

Anyway so far I'm getting nowhere,.. but I'd really like to switch from v146 to v145. 146 has so much trash in it in my opinion.. nation wars, all the added and modified quests, among a bunch of other stuff.

So if anyone knows where I could download 145 server and client along with install instructions I'd really appreciate it. Sadly that thread by 343 I referred to doesn't provide any instruction, only a list of all you would need to get a 145 server running.

still i guess easier to downgrade 1.4.6 to 1.4.5 than to me was 1.4.2 to 1.3.9 :D
you can remove items/quests many thing :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

came from here always seems to be a good idea to look near the last page where people are starting to complain about dead links usually.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/perfect-world-1-4-5-a-890835/index30.html

ugh nm i downloaded it its mangled too

https://ragezone.zxcv.website/f751/90-fixed-1-4-5-a-880071/ this one still works but if i remember right it needs some fixes its been forever since i messed with 1.4.5

You can also try these https://yadi.sk/d/OOCi2c4fSE7bk they came from 343s compile release like back when this thread just had a guide for how to install 136 from stock so they should be the stock 1.4.5.

https://ragezone.hulkproxy.website/f754/v145-compiled-list-build-server-871924/#post7199051 here is the original thread sorry for the proxy i couldnt find it here for some reason but it works

I downloaded it looks like they are laid out like 343's original 136 files so yeah those are prolly the stock 1.4.5 files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
still i guess easier to downgrade 1.4.6 to 1.4.5 than to me was 1.4.2 to 1.3.9 :D
you can remove items/quests many thing :)

That's what I'm currently doing pretty much, trying to convert 1.4.6 to 1.4.5 content. I'm going through the tasks.data, npcgen.data, and elements.data and ripping out as much of the 146 content as I can. Removing the NPCs, quests, etc. It's a pain in the butt. That's why I've been messing around with test servers; to make sure I'm not breaking anything as I go along.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of an issue/have a few questions. I've never encoutered this problem before and my search results arent really turning up any good answers. Basically when I edit elements.data on 1.3.1, 1.3.6, or 1.5.1 it causes my GS to crash and the map wont start. The logs basically says elements.data is the reason and the error code is -3. I'm starting to think the issue is when I'm moving the edited elements.data into winscp that it's corrupting it somehow. I've used every version of sELedit available. Through this forum AND the russian forums and I'm still not having any luck. I'm thankfully not getting a version low error or anything that easy. It's mostly just my gs crashing because of elements.data. I feel like this is something REALLY REALLY obvious, and Im just missing it completely.

Configuration file: 'gs.conf' configuration patch: 'gsalias.conf'
Can not read items and monster template files: '/ PWServer / 136 / gamed / config / elements.data'
The first step initializes the failure, error number: -3

Found this: example if you add a item then open server side data, add there and save then open client side and add same item with same infos how you did at server side, DO NOT COPY client side elements.data to server side or invers, edit both file individually.

So I wonder if trying to do each side on their own terms and go from there maybe?

Just a side note to my previous post, the ONLY thing I am changing in elements.data is adding a new weapon. All I've done is make a copy of a starter wand change the ID of it (No it's not conflicting with any other items) and changed the texture of the weapon. My client loads it the server loads it too, no version mismatch, the only thing that goes offline is the gs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just a side note to my previous post, the ONLY thing I am changing in elements.data is adding a new weapon. All I've done is make a copy of a starter wand change the ID of it (No it's not conflicting with any other items) and changed the texture of the weapon. My client loads it the server loads it too, no version mismatch, the only thing that goes offline is the gs
ID u gave for that weapon?

Back