Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do i increase number of avaliable quick bar slots (skill keys)? (F1,F2...) and (1,2,3,4..) ?

Reaction score
So, Here is my study on how much physical disk space a character takes:

Ok well I figured it was time to stop guessing and do some homework (damn -- Das and I were both way off). So I took a fresh server with only ONE character, and maxed everything out that I could think of on him... Here are the evidence photos. I now have my conclusion based off of this research, feel free to draw your own (on how much physical disk space a SINGLE character can take up "max"):

Picture 1)
I maxed out bag(incl fashion)/bank/pet bag/skills/quest log/guild-faction/macros/hot bars etc etc etc...

Picture 2)
The two files compared are: I took the 'raw' XML of this one character and saved it into a file, named 343.prof -- so the file size of 343.prof is all the XML data in it's own file. The directory dbdata is of course the entire dbdata directory for the server (fresh server install with only ONE character creation and maxing out)

I'd personally probably use an estimate of 115,000 bytes PER CHARACTER {//or 920,000 bytes PER ACCOUNT/8chars} accounting for anything I forgot to use as a part of my study, or for things that would normally apply but that I could not apply to this study. Example would be (since he was the ONLY character on the server) the friends list, and black list...

creating 7 more characters (total 8) [and not even logging them in at all] literally increased the dbdata directory by 4,096 bytes
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

So I guess - all in all - at the final conclusion of this study; I would say a-lot 1 MB per ACCOUNT/8chars (even though not all accounts will make 8 characters, let alone fill them all up like this-necessarily) -or- 1 GB per 1,000 ACCOUNTS/8,000chars -or- 1 TB per 1,000,000 ACCOUNTS/8,000,000chars.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Curious,,, are you rockin' an ATI or NVidia graphics card?

I personally use ATI (and my ATI isn't a joke either, I am rockin' an ATI HD 5870), and I do also know PWi and ATI have never really fully 'gotten along' ... I am willing to bet this may be a factor too ;)

I'm still receiving reports of client crashing and character can no longer logon back. I notice you are using a different interface, we're using Genesis interface. Could that be a factor?

Can you upload the non-Genesis interface (interfaces/surfaces.pck)? Thanks.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
sorry for being off topic. but i couldnt find your post about activating TW, what do i put in the gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf to make it work. and edit the times the tw event happens

Reaction score
@Flux:
The interfaces that are used from the 'native' package are not genesis (rising tide), I released Genesis interfaces as a separate download. Either way it really shouldn't make a difference. I am certain it's a graphics issue though, use pwAdmin to get any 'stuck' characters out of there. (and make sure they turn their graphics settings down if they plan on going to/through that area -- primarily distance -- from what I found out anyways)...

@Supra:
you're looking in the right file -- hint 0=off 1=on (standard 'switch') -- the two of main interest would be PvP=x and battlefield=x

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Flux:
The interfaces that are used from the 'native' package are not genesis (rising tide), I released Genesis interfaces as a separate download. Either way it really shouldn't make a difference. I am certain it's a graphics issue though, use pwAdmin to get any 'stuck' characters out of there. (and make sure they turn their graphics settings down if they plan on going to/through that area -- primarily distance -- from what I found out anyways)...

@Supra:
you're looking in the right file -- hint 0=off 1=on (standard 'switch') -- the two of main interest would be PvP=x and battlefield=x

Will do release an announcement for my testers. On the side note, is it safe to apply this Unlocked Genesis Tele + NPCGEN.DATA, without losing some of your easter eggs or do you have a similar solution that can be integrated with your released files?

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't recommend using a different NPCGEN, than the one supplied, for the world map anyways. I would build off of it (add to it - not replace it). Mainly because I haven't seen any other NPCGEN's that have all the NPCs and MOBs for the entire 'wraiths ploy' quest-line [to get the chrono key](I manually added all those) -- same for the daily marriage quest. I haven't seen another NPCGEN with all the NPCs and MOBs needed to complete the 'daily marriage quest' -- so I manually added ALL Those... (for all 7 different possible quests ofc)...

I am almost sure there are other things I have done to the world NPCGEN that I cannot even remember right now, like I've said before this release is a collective of all of my work for the past 2+ years... Oh and of course there is my 'custom' Chapel NPC to go to the perfect chapel (instead of the matchmaker)... Yea, I would say there could be other things that I wouldn't even remember right now too...

Also, when I was working on my NPCGEN there was no 'fancy' "coordinate catcher" -- so hell -- it took me a couple days just to fly around on the 'official' game just to get co-ords of all the NPCs and MOBs for wraiths ploy and the daily marriage quest. Now since sNPCedit has a 'coordinate catcher' I don't think it'd be too hard to use it to do all of your modifications/additions (so you can build off of mine easier, rather than replacing it - risking loosing the work that I have done)...

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

...and sorry, no, I intentionally left the map areas that are native to the "Rising Tide" and "Genesis" expansions <EMPTY>. I figured this would be a really nice 'BASE' release, and leaving these areas empty would be best so that everyone could do their own customizations in these areas opposed to having any of the NPCs/MOBs from 'official'. Since I feel having any of these NPCs/MOBs is pointless since (unless/until something MAJOR comes along) we will never have the new classes in our P servers... This gives the chance that everyone will do something different in these areas, letting individuality 'shine through' :)

Reaction score
Preview from boutique does not work. I'm not sure if previewing clothing items from 'view player info' on another character works or not. I do know it works if you're previewing something you already have in your own 'bag' -- before you actually 'wear it'...

Reaction score
oiii what a mess i made..... i found lots of problems lol. i must have clicked something wrong:/::*::?:

Worst case scenario, just wipe everything and start all over (and hopefully you haven't started a 'public' server yet :S)

hi 343, how to add Motorcycle mount to your PW Package?

It's already in there... All you have to do is give the 'egg' to a character and 'hatch' it...

You could add it through the 'character' page in pwAdmin, or you could add it to the Boutique, or you could add it to the pwAdmin plugin 'sendmail' or you could add it 'for sale' to an NPC -- however you want to do it; but it is already in there ;) :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Install Linux server (I recommend this one )

Very convenient. Thanks for this thread. However, the above link would have taken forever so I traced it back to its source. Users will have more luck finding another download method on this page:

I'll comment back here if I have any questions or useful feedback.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's already in there... All you have to do is give the 'egg' to a character and 'hatch' it...

You could add it through the 'character' page in pwAdmin, or you could add it to the Boutique, or you could add it to the pwAdmin plugin 'sendmail' or you could add it 'for sale' to an NPC -- however you want to do it; but it is already in there ;) :)

Owh, thanks for the info.
could you tell me the item id of the motor cycle?

btw, in new version PW (Tideborn), we can know the HP of the monster.
it is posible to do with your Package?
and what about Genie, in new PW we can get it in lvl 1.

Last edited:
PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Search... It isnt possible ( well for unexperienced people) its very complicated tbh i just removed it...

Reaction score
the actual motorcycle ID is -- 29501

however, the ID for the egg is probably the one you really seek (so that you can add it to the boutique, or whatever) and the egg ID is -- 29500

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

... and yes, as already answered, there is no way we will 'get' HP count, genies, auto-pathing etc etc etc (and many more things) as this server / client is way out of date...

Back