Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't have a existing dynamicobjects.data in my server, where would this go?

I've been wondering the same question. its probably so simple just not clueing in at the moment lol.

im also thinking this might have something to do with the client crash in certain areas

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
have you tried searching *.bt

i'd do it but for some reason it takes forever searching through scp lol

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ya i couldnt find it either so i tried looking at what was in it and this is what i got

//--------------------------------------
// File:dynamicobjects.data
// Author:Robb
// Revision:1
// Purpose:
//--------------------------------------
struct objectsinfo
{
int id;
int length;
char path[length];
};
struct dynamicobjects
{
char header[4];
int count;
local int i;
for(i = 0; i < count; i++)
{
objectsinfo main;
}
} file;

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ok so were both thinking the same thing.

also could it be client side or server side... doesnt say. but cant find either.

343 you should add a readme for adding so it saves some confusion :tongue:

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Soo... I'm trying to install this on 10.10 64 bit, and when I put in "cd /root/ia32-libs" it keeps telling me no such directory found...
and yes, the cd with the iso is in the drive..

i just noticed something.... is the ISO on a CD cuz if it is, its not gonna work. you need to extract the files to a folder on your pc then burn them to disc... or go to freeisoburner.com and burn it to a cd

if your unfamiliar with iso its basicly a Virtual CD/DVD which can be mounted to windows with magicISO or daemontools

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok so were both thinking the same thing.

also could it be client side or server side... doesnt say. but cant find either.

343 you should add a readme for adding so it saves some confusion :tongue:

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

i just noticed something.... is the ISO on a CD cuz if it is, its not gonna work. you need to extract the files to a folder on your pc then burn them to disc... or go to freeisoburner.com and burn it to a cd

if your unfamiliar with iso its basicly a Virtual CD/DVD which can be mounted to windows with magicISO or daemontools
yep, nothing.
Tried it every which way I could.
I burned just the iso on a dvd, i extracted the iso and put that on a dvd, i even tried with nothing in the drive for the hell of it lol and all gave me the same problem. "mount point /cdrom does not exist"

Reaction score
ok the PW_DEV in the 'update' is only the addition of the 010 editor template for editing dynamic objects (it is also in the new current PW_DEV.ISO main download from the first post of this thread)... If you do not know what it is or how to use it, I do not really plan on getting into that here in this thread [if you want some insight you can dig up my thread on "help with portals"]...

& yes -- the domain.sev (updated) goes in /PWServer/gdeliveryd/

on another note -- if you do not know about ISO's (or how to 'handle' them) I will not be helping with that (at least today) -- you should know how to handle ISOs / what to do with them etc... If not --= GOOGLE ==- is your friend ;)

As far as the client crashing in certain specific areas -- I have confirmed this in at least two areas (@ specific coordinates -- look back in this thread to find those exact coords) -- The only conclusive thing I found out about these client crashes is the graphics settings. Resolution itself had no effect, but if you are experiencing the client crashing at specific locations in the map, attempt changing your graphics settings ALL THE WAY DOWN...

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

... around page 12 for the graphics issues ;)

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

"mount point /cdrom does not exist"

Uhm, it's telling you the problem -- the directory does not exist...

so

mkdir /cdrom

:p

THEN try to mount it to /cdrom (because then it will exist)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
About the client crashing problem.
There're nothing concerning the graphic setting. If you use another client (in this case I was trying the client patched for Aringaso's server http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/try-release-server-1-3-a-666420/) and replace all files in the element/data folder with those in 343's client) (and of course with some other minor changes to get the 'mixed' client work), then the new mixed client will not crash (at least in those places where the original 343's client gets crashed). But then you may get the system message when logging in like this "map data out of phase with the server's". This suggests that the crash may be caused by the map data.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
About the client crashing problem.
There're nothing concerning the graphic setting. If you use another client (in this case I was trying the client patched for Aringaso's server http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/try-release-server-1-3-a-666420/) and replace all files in the element/data folder with those in 343's client) (and of course with some other minor changes to get the 'mixed' client work), then the new mixed client will not crash (at least in those places where the original 343's client gets crashed). But then you may get the system message when logging in like this "map data out of phase with the server's". This suggests that the crash may be caused by the map data.

Yes, I still get client-crashes even moving the settings all the way down. I did attached my logs for checking.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First thank you for this release. Its tuff going for me in PWI as I really dont have the real money to get where I want in the game and this gives me a chance to do things I probaly will never do in the official release. But I will still play the official have alot of friends there. But to my comments.

Auto pathing:

Not sure if anyone noticed (easter egg?) but there might not be auto pathing but if you know the general area where you need to go open map then zoom in to where you need to go. Press and hold Control key and left click on the spot, you will be teleported there. Be mindfull of where you tele to as you might end up under a building or steps like i did a few times.

Question: Bandwith and memory usage.

One question I do have and maybe I did not search enough on this site, but what is the general guidlines on bandwith per connection. One friend told me it might be as much as 32kbit per connection another told me lower. If its 32k that will limit me to maybe 20 connections tops at one time and I much rather host this on my own pc than put it in the cloud. I prefer direct managment of my pc's :)

Running this in a VM pulls about 1.5gig's of memory for the main map and a few others when they are loaded at the same time. I am building a server just to host this nativaly (not in a vm) How much memory does this beast need to run with all maps loaded?

Gold or auto filling of gold in AH:
What I am thinking of doing when I have my setup ready for production is this. Change the default rate for gold (900k for default in this release) to 1 coin. Then use the web tool to deposite x amount of Gold into your GM acc or other GM's account if you have several GM's(700k Gold in my test vm in this case). Change the Gold rate to what you seem that is fair. Then load up Gold in the Gold auction for same price and you and other GM's can check it periodicly to refill it. I am sure 700k Gold will take a while to use up. Going one step further move the add gold script to the local only web server so the server admin is the only one that can buy gold through the site at 1 coin then put in the auction.

Bug maybe?:
I noticed when I bought gold with the web page I used an alt char's coin to get the gold. But when I logged in coin was gone and gold was not there. So by hunch I logged into the main char and sure enough the gold was there. This might be by design and not much of a bug or just UB(undefined behavor:) ).

Again thank you for this release. The install is flawless and game runs so nice. The time and effort you put in this game shows.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
wow alot mentioned here. if you wanna make it so you are the only one to get gold remove the ports to your wan. 80/8080 i beleive those are the set ports for this release (not sure only 343 knows this one) and as for your 900k per coin you can set it to whatever you want. your running it on your machine you make the rules.

stay away from village of opressed, there seems to be a map proplem at the moment. it crashes the elementclient.

as for bandwidth my system doesnt get much of a load on it.

it only really records and updates positions and actions so many times a second or what not. ( i dont know specifics ) but you could run it on a landline. (not suggested) but if your on a dsl or cable dont worry about it) if you had like 1000 on at a time then im sure there would be complications or concerns. (my side NO PROBLEMS with bandwidth)

and if you wanna make it live run it dedicated linux (ubuntu 10.04 lts)

if im off or wrong about anything please dont hesitate to correct me.

also depending on how many people you have on it and how many maps you have open.. the more ram the better. some say 16gb ram is more then sufficient to run all maps/instances also again on that note how many people you have on it with whatever connection you got.

please correct me if i missed or said something a bit off. just my thoughts towards the basics of what i know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and yes I am running on 10.04 lts 32bit atm, when i get the server build will be 32 bit. I tried on a couple other distros but the process was so much easier with 10.04. Thanks for the info on oppressed.

:)

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

One more question. What is the gold limit on a char or account? I am sure its a std type or type define with a limit, anyone know what that might be?

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Gold as in cubi? I always have about 50k cubi in my account. Regular gold is 200m, and the bank limit is like...2b i think. 2b or 3b. Correct me if im wrong. Also i heard adding alot will crash server, so be careful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Gold as in cubi? I always have about 50k cubi in my account. Regular gold is 200m, and the bank limit is like...2b i think. 2b or 3b. Correct me if im wrong. Also i heard adding alot will crash server, so be careful.

nah Gold as in item mall Gold not the cubi's you can setup. The regular Gold do you me in game coins or the item mall Gold?
Thanks for the reply

Back