Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure whats going on with the crontab. As I have the same information on my test server and everything works but on the main server nothing works.

@343 is the Iweb that comes with your release 100% working? I was looking around with it and i didnt change anything and a get a lot of Http status 404 - servlet cgi is not available. I have not checked to see if there was a guide to installing it yet but thought I would ask you first.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can obtain the 1.5.1 files that are from the iso by opening the installer file and look for the url in which they are installed from, or you can do alittle more work than that and find a guide on here (mrkiller has a good 151 guide) and download the files fron there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to upgrade 343's release from 1.3.6 to 1.4.6, the reason I am asking is cause currently I am running his 1.3.6 server and have active people on it but with 1.4.6 it provides some of the features the players are wanting. What I want to know is how hard would it be to transfer the accounts from 1.3.6 to 1.4.6

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can just install 146 on top of it; The accounts would be preserved, but the toons would be deleted (if that is what you want).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well no I want to transfer both the accounts and the characters when I do the upgrade if that is possible as I don't want to lose the players I have currently.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can obtain the 1.5.1 files that are from the iso by opening the installer file and look for the url in which they are installed from, or you can do alittle more work than that and find a guide on here (mrkiller has a good 151 guide) and download the files fron there.

The website no longer exsist i think.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I had a weird problem pop up, on my test server I edited the crontab and everything was working. When I shut the test server down and later loaded it back up with another test message the message would not go through on the crontab but i could manually call it and my main server the crontab is still not working properly both are using 343's release

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
There are many ways to figure out whats going on with cron here's a few:

Check the logs:
Code:
 grep CRON /var/log/syslog

Watch cron as its running:
Code:
tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep CRON

You could even log the jobs in question by passing the output to a file:
Code:
0 10 * * 1 root /etc/cron.pw/136/northbarrier.sh >> /etc/cron.pw/136/northbarrier.log

Good luck.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you sora, I meant to state that with your help I was able to get it fixed.

Now some of my players have come from older 1.3.6 servers that had shut down and they were saying they had some of the newer features from 1.4.4 but still used the 1.3.6 client. I was wondering if that was even possible. Some of the features they were talking about where the socket stone quest for adding sockets to gear, and the tab targeting as well as auto tracking.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried to setup FW but for some reason the map service stays offline. I have searched & found nothing yet. Anyone knows whats causing it? I'm just trying to have all the server ready to play because I want to play all of them in one point.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I installed the server fresh, anyone happen to have the slightest idea why i am getting "Server error, please log off and try again" every time i log in on a newly made character?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you will need to start the, starter map, is62 i believe

in your start script you could replace the section that starts the world map with

Code:
PW=home #change to suit
cd /$PW/gamed/

for map in gs01 is62 #add as many maps here as you like
do
		echo "Loading $map"
		./gs $map > /$PW/logs/$map.log &
		sleep 5; echo "$map Loaded"
done

Asked and answered a few times that.....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
no like both maps start, i can log in and my character logs in but when i start moving around i get server error, please log off and try again

Back